Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Platini suggests sin bins over yellow cards.

2»

Comments

• Options
    I would not see sin binning as a replacement for a yellow card but as an alternative to two yellows when both offences were silly, eg removing shirt and time wasting
  • Options
    You can get a yellow for very little nowadays.
  • Options
    All you people who are saying ' don't change the game ', how do you feel about goal line technology ?
  • Options
    I suggest a sin bin for Platini, Blatter and other football administrators - they should not be allowed out until they come up with some ideas that deal with the real problems in the game rather than tinkering which aims to divert attention from their incompetence and worse.
  • Options
    Good idea. I expected the reactionary nonsense. I remember when the backpass rule was phased out all of the papers doing their nut about how it would ruin the game, but imagine the gnashing of teeth if that was undone now. Most football fans lack the vision to really work out what innovations improve the game and which wouldn't, so generally moan about everything until it's in. Wasn't that long ago that there were no subs, now people couldn't imagine not being able to bring on three from a bench. I recall the chorus of chirping when we were limited to a bench of 5.
  • Options
    I like it, should trial it and see how it goes.

Also like to see a system where a player gets a "Blue Card" for two 'technical' yellow cards, meaning he has to be replaced with a sub and not sent off.

Far too many good games get ruined by becoming 10 vs 11 when there is no need for it.

Sure, people should be sent off for two bad fouls but not for two minor offences that gain no real advantage.
  • Options

I like it, should trial it and see how it goes.

Also like to see a system where a player gets a "Blue Card" for two 'technical' yellow cards, meaning he has to be replaced with a sub and not sent off.

Far too many good games get ruined by becoming 10 vs 11 when there is no need for it.

Sure, people should be sent off for two bad fouls but not for two minor offences that gain no real advantage.

Some refs already do this informally - and perhaps better to keep it that way - I could just imagine the arguments about what constitutes a technical yellow!
  • Options
    I'd like to see a system where refs have more discretion to use their commonsense - rather than tampering with the rules. Those refs that consistently fail to demonstrate commonsense should be shown the door. Those players that are consistently guilty of gamesmanship should be identified (after games) and pointed out to the refs beforehand - a little bit of public naming and shaming wouldn't go amiss for the worst offenders. The only rules I would change at present would be to require anyone injuring a person after a foul to be taken off the pitch with the player receiving treatment, and awarding freekicks for timewasting (that would soon stop it).
  • Options
    The rule about moving a free kick 10 yards further if a player showed dissent came in but deemed a failure and was taken out.

Similarly the change that allows a goalkeeper to decide which side he takes a goal kick from was brought in to speed up the game but its usually used as a time wasting tactic so maybe take this out as well.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

All you people who are saying ' don't change the game ', how do you feel about goal line technology ?

Change the game where change is needed! Goal line technology is a good example of this. Sin bins won't actually bring in an improvement or right a wrong!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In your opinion
  • Options
    IMO sin bins would be a terrible idea
  • Options
    I seem to remember that it works well in Ice Hockey.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    comparing ice hockey with footy is like comparing a bus with a sockeye salmon!
  • Options
    They are both games in sport between two teams, attended by fans, where players have to be punished for foul play. Sorry Halix, I find your response extremely daft.
  • Options
    I'm not really a fan of the idea although it might offset the awful rule of a player going off after getting treatment. How can the victim off a bad tackle have their team reduced to 10 men while the culprits remain with 11?!!!!
  • Options

I'm not really a fan of the idea although it might offset the awful rule of a player going off after getting treatment. How can the victim off a bad tackle have their team reduced to 10 men while the culprits remain with 11?!!!!

Did u see the Swansea debacle in their last Europa League game.