Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Commentaries

Yey or Ney?
Watched a Bundesleague match where there was no commentary but great crowd noise.
Why can't Sky/BT games be televised without (or with the option to turn off the commentary) but keep the crowd noise.
Personally I hate commentaries, to me they ruin the spectacle.

Comments

• Options
    Would prefer commentators that didn't feel the need to commentate every second of the game.

Just come in with an interesting stat or analysis during breaks of play.
  • Options
    Always used to be able to do that on sky red button.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    It would be nice if their commentaries didn’t just consist of reeling off cliche after cliche after cliche.

And what is with their bias to big-name players, someone like Rooney for instance. I swear they all seem to have a little orgasm whenever he does something remotely good. After his goal against Tottenham the commentator said “well as soon as you saw the name on the back of the shirt, you knew it was a goal!” BLEURGHK. I just threw up my own liver.
  • Options
    Would love the option of no commentary on CAFC Player, although it might be tricky to tell whats going on - it would still be a lot easier than listening to Emma.
  • Options
    Oh come on, how could we cope without Emma telling us it's a "football match" every two minutes.
  • Options
    Why can't we just have one commentator? The second one just seems to state the obvious or nothing that you couldn't have seen for yourself.

Talking of the assistant commentators, please get rid of Niall Quinn and Michael Owen, very irritating.
  • Options
    depends who's doing them.

i sometimes like to have an argument with the commentators when i think they have got it wrong. can make the armchair supporting more interesting.

for bt i enjoy their rugby commentary because most of the time they have a laugh and try to explain the rules. and they can be very critic le unlike football commentators. however bbc's rugby lot are crap.

the worst though is skys boxing commentary. but again sometimes it can be alright having a go at whatever jim watt is blabbering on about.
  • Options
    Why cant every channel who has a football match do a Fanzone, I used to love watching football with fans doing the commentary
  • Options
    The worst has to be mark halsey chipping in on bt 'well you can see why the ref has given a throw in, great reffing' he wasnt there on the utd game so maybe they have got rid hopefully
  • Options

Why cant every channel who has a football match do a Fanzone, I used to love watching football with fans doing the commentary

I recall Arfur/Ledge used to do these for our games occasionally...