Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yodel - Big bag of w*nk

edited November 2013 in Not Sports Related
It's that time of year again, when we're all busy buying presents and trying to avoid the Christmas Chaos... and seemingly trying to avoid Yodel too now.

I've just ventured in to my garden to find a "Sorry we missed you" style card just thrown in to the lawn. A quick inspection saw that they'd tried to deliver my parcel about 20 minutes ago. I'm sitting right by the front door with the TV on quite quietly trying to read... Still, that's only one shit courier isn't it? Not fair to judge the whole company by that standard.

After trying to ring their automated services line - and seeing that I could only (a) re-arrange delivery, (b) arrange to collect the package myself on Monday or (c) track an order - I tried the usual "hit random numbers and hope to speak to someone"; nah, it cut me off. Next stop - doing some googling and getting the main switchboard number - it let me ring and wait for "the next available operator"... and made no point of telling me I'd be waiting for the best part of 48 hours as they close at 1pm on a Saturday.

So not only can I not speak to a member of staff WHILST their "couriers" are still working, I can't even contact the guy directly and ask him WTF he was doing. If it hadn't been for the fact I went for a smoke I would never have seen that card, oh - and I could've gone to Charlton too. Additionally, I work Mon-Fri surprisingly - hence why Saturday delivery seemed a good idea; but hey, it makes no difference if I'm in anyway does it?

Oh, and I've just checked the bell works too. It does.

The Yodel service is utter wank of the highest order in this area. I'd say I expect it was some form of trained chimp that was responsible for deliveries here, but I suspect I'd be doing a great disservice to chimps all over the world.

Comments

• had 2 deliveries this week from dpd , you can track and contact your courier, bothe deliveries bang within the hr window given, both items delivered undamaged , DPD is a great courier firm imo, Yodel even the name sounds shit
  • agree, DPD are very impressive. My uncle works for them and says they are very strict on service but get rewarded for their good service.
  • Gotta agree, Yodel are a massive pile of shit. Whoever's in control there is a c**t
  • If you ask me yodelling is an outdated communication system anyway, no wonder they've never managed to deliver a parcel successfully to the meandering hills of Shropshire
  • Yodel once left a package(that had to be signed for) on my doorstep in the pissing rain, I was in all day so they didn't even bother knocking
  • Croydon said:

Yodel once left a package(that had to be signed for) on my doorstep in the pissing rain, I was in all day so they didn't even bother knocking

similar ...thrown over my back wall, pissing down with rain ...didn't even know it was there until I looked out of the wondow a couple of hours later ...managed to get a refund.
  • I thought I'd earn a few extra quid last Christmas so went on an agency and guess where I ended up? Yep YODEL!
    What an utter shit firm they really are, it was around the middle of December14th/15th but the parcels I was delivering were sent in November, some up to a month ago!
    DPD have their moments but are genrally pretty good but their sister firm Interlink are 100% the top firm in the game IMO
    Everything on time and in the same condition that it was sent

While we're here stay clear of MyHermes too, total crap firm and customer service
  • Yodel, formerly Home Delivery Network. I was responsible for awarding them a £20m contract and they walked away half-way through because they couldn't make a profit on it. Bunch of Chancers. They pay their staff lowest wages in the business and treat them like shit.
  • Croydon said:

Yodel once left a package(that had to be signed for) on my doorstep in the pissing rain, I was in all day so they didn't even bother knocking

Same experience for me too from Yodel. I saw a note as i entered my front door to say it was at the side of the house. It was literally thrown over my hedge. It was soaking wet and the box had to be thrown away instantly. If the item had been a gift etc it would have been ruined. Good job the item was made of tough metal and designed to be used outdoors anyway. As said, that is a company with poor service.

• interlink vans deliver for DPD the guy even had an interlink jacket on
  • Sponsored links:

• They are bad - DPD no better in my experience though. An Interlink guy does all our inbound office deliveries in the city and is as good as gold. Mostly amazon and ASOS stuff and if they trust them then they must be ok.
  • Interlink/dpd are the same company I believe
  • Had a parcel delivered by yodel yesterday, to the neighbour, card left. No problem at all.
  • Yodel lover
  • Are they competitors of Royal Mail, by any chance? I was not best pleased by RM's recent privatisation and doubt it will bring about any improvements in service - quite the opposite.

RM may have their dodgy moments occasionally, but I think overall that their customer service is pretty good. If Yodel are the future of a competitive postal market, then I'm glad the tossers have never had to deliver anything to me!
  • yodel and TNT are both not held highly in the transport industry, how either have continued to build a share in the market place is beyond me
  • Yodel have a different business model to the likes of Royal Mail / interlink etc... They hire people with their own vehicles who can quite literally drop anything, anywhere any anytime they have the time to.

I will never order from a company that use Yodel based on a dreadful experience last Christmas, that involved a parcel being delivered in Feb that was due for November.
  • It's such a competitive market that companies get screwed down on price to win these big contracts and drivers not only get crap wages but also have huge amounts of deliveries to get through that they don't have a second to spare.

DHL invested millions in setting up a UK same day service but struggled to compete with established firms and have recently waved the white flag and sold it off to a competitor, Ricoh.
  • Yodel are crap ... make sure you complain to the people who you have bought the good from.
  • Kap10 said:

Yodel are crap ... make sure you complain to the people who you have bought the good from.

I did this a couple of times to Amazon and I no longer have to put up with Yodel's poor service. I only get Royal Mail, DPD and City Link now.

Everything actually arrives.

• Sponsored links:

• Awful company. The worst service I have ever known. Repeatedly. Winds me up thinking about them and as it's 8am on a Sunday I'll leave it there. But it's fair to say that I hate them will all my being!
  • A sign of things to come perhaps - yesterday morning the Royal Mail delivered me a recorded delivery letter without getting me to sign, eventhough I was at home. Presumably they don't mind if their postmen do a bit of forgery now given what they wrote in their offer prospectus?
  • DPD, not bad but they do have their moments.
    I left delivery instructions to leave next door, the delivery man dropped it over my garden gate. The following week the same thing happened. On both occasions the packages contained glass.
  • I work for a freight forwarding company, so we have deliveries from all of the large delivery companies. My experience of some of them as follows:

Yodel - awful. Frequently split deliveries over two or even three days, goods frequently arrive damaged and they seem to have 'couldn't care less' attitude.

Fedex - last year, we caught one of their drivers forging the signatures of one of our warehouse guys, thus enabling him to leave stuff piled up outside our warehouse in the pissing rain before we opened in the morning. Unfortunately for this idiot, he forged the signature on a day when the person in question was taking a day's leave and put the actual time down, which was about an hour before we open! Result - we complained and the Fedex driver was sacked. These companies bring it on themselves though as the drivers get paid on the basis of the number of deliveries they can make.

UPS - best of the lot. Deliver at a regular time every day, friendly and efficient driver. Seem a decent outfit.

DPD - useless. The driver that comes to us seems intent on breaking the world speed record every day, tries to jump the queue even when he can see that our guys are busy offloading/loading other people and gets abusive when he has to wait more than 45 seconds. Goods often missing, deliveries split and damaged. We've complained frequently but nothing ever seems to happen. Also had problems in the past (with another driver) with signatures being falsified.

DHL - pretty good most of the time but when something goes wrong, customer service is awful. You never speak to the same person twice and always have to start from scratch with the nature of the complaint each time you call.

Royal Mail - despite the bad press they get, pretty reliable most of the time but would only trust them handling small stuff.
  • Kap10 said:

Yodel are crap ... make sure you complain to the people who you have bought the good from.

I did this a couple of times to Amazon and I no longer have to put up with Yodel's poor service. I only get Royal Mail, DPD and City Link now.

Everything actually arrives.

I did too.
  • Had a right laugh trying to get DPD to deliver to me out here, not had any probs with DHL, Royal Mail or UPS yet though
  • Ordered a couple of things from Argos the other day,just found out they are being delivered by Yodel :(
  • BIG_ROB said:

Had a right laugh trying to get DPD to deliver to me out here, not had any probs with DHL, Royal Mail or UPS yet though

Where are you mate?
  • I wonder if this is a postcode lottery thing with Yodel.

I order a lot of stuff which comes via them, both to work and at home and never had a problem. In fact the lady who delivers my stuff in New Eltham lives in Dartford and regularly ensures my stuff arrives by organizing somebody else to deliver it if she can't do it during the day.

I agree, they are all a much of a muchness and about time this delivery industry worked around the customer and not 9 til 5.

• Courier drivers are totally useless. I don't order much on-line but the last two orders have gone wrong due to inept courier drivers.

A couple of weeks agoDPD managed to deliver someone else's parcel to me and lost mine.

Today I've waited in all day for DX (slogan 'delivered exactly'!!!!) and when I just looked at the tracking facility, they say they called and left a card as no-one answered. They obviously went elsewhere as I was here all day and no card was left. I also paid extra for today's delivery as I knew I would be at home.