Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ryan Giggs 40 today

Amazing that he is still cutting it at 40.

Comments

• WSSWSS
    edited November 2013
    United's best midfielder even now
  • Anyone got pictures of his wife and his brothers bird/ wife
  • Anyone got pictures of his wife and his brothers bird/ wife

Yeah NOTW but they've closed down.
  • To play in the Premier League for over 20 years is astonishing, considering how much quicker the game has become in that time.

To have spent that entire time playing it at the top level for Manchester United is something else. There are no words for how big and unique an achievement that is.
  • More trophies than arsenal more premier league games than City, legend
  • Greatest British player of all time ? Probably.
  • cafctom said:

To play in the Premier League for over 20 years is astonishing, considering how much quicker the game has become in that time.

To have spent that entire time playing it at the top level for Manchester United is something else. There are no words for how big and unique an achievement that is.

This.

1000 professional games is impressive.
    Nearing 1000 top flight games is very, very impressive.
    Nearing 1000 games for the best team in the country is incredible.
  • Will always be remembered for this goal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quI_LkMj4HI
  • Where's MCS? :)
  • And the fact he managed to do this whilst boinking his bros missus and some other bint. What a guy
  • Sponsored links:

• Where's MCS? :)

Finishing the lyrics to his new track "Giggs is Gash"

• Will always be remembered for this goal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quI_LkMj4HI

Apparently in that new 'Class of 92' film, they are discussing it and Scholes just goes "All he had to do was square it to me."
  • Joey Barton has just slated him on twitter.
  • My favourite away goal at the valley (with hindsight!) was the Giggs chip from the halfway line that came off the crossbar and Solskjaer tapped in. There was time to have so many emotions as it unfolded. Incredible player.
  • edited November 2013
    It was all the World Cups and Euros that really cemented his reputation as a worldly !

He isn't that great - how many wet Wednesdays at Wrexham could he be bothered to turn up for and represent his country ? He shagged his Brother's wife FFS. Decent player but a bit of a knob - the Welsh Ronaldo IMO.
  • PL54 said:

It was all the World Cups and Euros that really cemented his reputation as a worldly !

He isn't that great - how many wet Wednesdays at Wrexham could he be bothered to turn up for and represent his country ? He shagged his Brother's wife FFS. Decent player but a bit of a knob - the Welsh Ronaldo IMO.

Ronaldo is in a different league to Giggs.

Giggs has longevity, but was never really Man Utds best player. Kinda at Nasri level.
  • se9addick said:

Greatest British player of all time ? Probably.

Absolutely no chance. Far better players than him that won't get the recognition because they haven't won anywhere near as much.
  • se9addick said:

Absolutely no chance. Far better players than him that won't get the recognition because they haven't won anywhere near as much.
    So who are these unsung heroes then just out of interest?
  • se9addick said:

I think that last part of your sentence kind of explains it all.
  • se9addick said:

Are you seriously suggesting that Giggs is a better player than someone like Rooney, then? Or someone like Gascoigne? Not a chance, in any world.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:

se9addick said:

I think that last part of your sentence kind of explains it all.
    Yeah but that doesn't mean he's the greatest British player of all time. Most successful, sure. But let's not forget even Darren Fletcher has a whole stack of trophies to his name. Doesn't mean he should be revered to ridiculous lengths. Although I'm fully aware that Fletcher wasn't half the player Giggs was.
  • se9addick said:

Are you seriously suggesting that Giggs is a better player than someone like Rooney, then? Or someone like Gascoigne? Not a chance, in any world.
    Firstly, Giggs has been a far better player than Rooney is ever likely to be. Period.

Secondly, Gazza was a great player in his prime fair enough but sadly this was far too short a time, Giggs has been at the top of the game across 3 decades.

Thirdly, you said that these players, as well as being better are also underated, unheralded, lower profile, whatever.......Rooney, Gazza...really???
  • edited November 2013

se9addick said:

Firstly, Giggs has been a far better player than Rooney is ever likely to be. Period.

Secondly, Gazza was a great player in his prime fair enough but sadly this was far too short a time, Giggs has been at the top of the game across 3 decades.

Thirdly, you said that these players, as well as being better are also underated, unheralded, lower profile, whatever.......Rooney, Gazza...really???
    I think you must be either incapable of reading, or a fantasist. I never said anything about "underrated" (correct spelling for you) players. I simply said in my opinion there were far better than Giggs. And there are.

Giggs has been a far better player than Rooney is ever likely to be? I'm not even a big fan of Rooney, but that's a laughable claim.

Even someone like Bale is a much better player now, than Giggs ever has been.

Best also an infinitely better player than Giggs. There are plenty.
  • Ignoring the uncalled for arsey tone of your reply, you said that these players don't get the same level of "recognition" as Giggs. What did you mean by that if not that the examples you gave are underrated in comparison (thanks for typo correction btw)?

BTW I've seen all three of those players playing at their very best and Rooney is some way off being in the same company as Gazza and Giggs. Just my opinion and there are others that you could make a far better case out of than the example you gave in Rooney e.g Best, Charlton, Finney, Moore, Matthews even Scholes.
  • se9addick said:

I think you must be either incapable of reading, or a fantasist. I never said anything about "underrated" (correct spelling for you) players. I simply said in my opinion there were far better than Giggs. And there are.

Giggs has been a far better player than Rooney is ever likely to be? I'm not even a big fan of Rooney, but that's a laughable claim.

Each to their own but I would have Giggs above Rooney and Gazza in a list of all time great players.
  • Rooney better than Giggs??? You what?!?
  • PL54 said:

Actually when giggs was playing wales were still playing in the millennium at that point. Only in the past few years have they moved to wrexham/swansea/cardiff city stadium
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Each to their own but I would have Giggs above Rooney and Gazza in a list of all time great players.
    As much as I enjoyed watching Gazza I think I would too.
  • Giggs has had a brilliant career, he was written off at about 29 - 30 years old by Man United fans as being past it, he's done well to still be playing for Man United till he's 40, although I think he's been more of a squad player for the last 10 years.

Shame he never made it to a World Cup or Euro's to see what he could really do, would have loved to have had him on the left hand side for England, we've been crying out for good left sided midfielders for years.

I still don't think he is as good as Cristiano Ronaldo, any guy that scores a hat trick to get his side to a World Cup finals is pretty darn good, didn't Karim Bagheri once score 8? :-0
  • Rooney and gazza less recognised than giggs? You're having a giggle.