Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

!CAS Trust announcement 1830 (ed. ACV on Valley granted)

Comments

• Options
    Great news. Well done to all.
  • Options
    Next campaign is to have Barnie designated an asset of community value.
  • Options
    what did I win what did I win is it a gnome
  • Options

Can only be great news. If The Valley is going to be sold on terms that the supporters disagree with, then it gives 6 months to try & do something about it.

If The Valley is to be sold & the supporters are ok with the arrangements, then the ACV won't hold back a sale.

and who are 'the supporters' will it be all, or a clique?
  • Options
    Great news! Well done Razil and the Trust.
  • Options
    Excellent news and great job Barnie.
  • Options

Can only be great news. If The Valley is going to be sold on terms that the supporters disagree with, then it gives 6 months to try & do something about it.

If The Valley is to be sold & the supporters are ok with the arrangements, then the ACV won't hold back a sale.

The Trust should be representing all supporters.

However, a good question.

If a takeover goes ahead & a move from The Valley is proposed.

How do the Trust decide whether to oppose the move or not ?

Trust ?
  • Options
    bollox to all this back slapping what did I win
  • Options
    a poll of season ticket holders or those attending a particular match would be a better way of ensuring fans views are heard, the latter should also lead to a few extra quid in the coffers for said game.
  • Options
    First the ground next the whole world. Well done to all involved
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Trust ?
    One step at a time perhaps? The priority was to secure the ACV which the Trust, against the odds IMO, have succeeded in doing. Let them draw some breath, have a few drinks, watch a game of football tomorrow and then they can deal with the other issues. In the meantime, as a suggestion, it might be worthwhile for you to draft a question and send it to the Trust
  • Options

Trust ?
    One step at a time perhaps? The priority was to secure the ACV which the Trust, against the odds IMO, have succeeded in doing. Let them draw some breath, have a few drinks, watch a game of football tomorrow and then they can deal with the other issues. In the meantime, as a suggestion, it might be worthwhile for you to draft a question and send it to the Trust
    Agreed, let them draw breath (I am a trust member). Mind you as they started this thread, I don't think there's a need to send them a question.
  • Options
    Woah, that's a real achievement. Well done indeed.
  • Options

Trust ?
    The question is:

How will the trust (if it was within their gift? is it?) reach a decision on a potential move to the Peninsular (or Senegal Fields etc) if and when the decision needs to be taken. Who will be deemed suitable to decide on such a critical issue?
  • Options
    Well done to all concerned but missed razil's 5 minutes of fame on the Beeb!

Will it be repeated ?
  • Options
    you can probably see it on BBC iPlayer at some point, it was on BBC London area news at 6.30.
  • Options
    Well done the Trust!
  • Options
    well done to everyone at the Trust, and to The Council for extracting their didget.
  • Options
    Not being an expert on the subject of ACV, could someone please explain to me how The Valley would be valued as of a result of ACV coming into effect?
    Would potential profitability due to change of use, ie from a football stadium to housing be taken into consideration when arriving at this sum?
  • Options
    Well done to the trust!!!

NLA wins a gnome holding a watering can
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You're awful people who do not reflect the views of the people. :-)

Well done Barnie et al
  • Options
    Well done to the trust and all that sailed with her! Not sure if it is a decision against the odds, but good news. My understanding is that this does not prevent a move but means that we cannot arrive at a game and be told in two weeks we are moving. Instead there is a period of consultation after which the club is still able to move but we could also persuade the club of alternative options.
  • Options
    A great result and a great journey too-discussing the Valley with hundreds of fans at the Trust stall outside the North Stand on matchdays...and wondering how to play things if there were further delays in the process.

It's a fantastic way to bring to a close the first year of the Trust which now has 4,000 fan contacts as a result of this campaign and the work last season. For out of the 1,900 on the e-petition many were new to us and want to stay in touch.
    So what next?
    Well thats for the Trust board to discuss and launch the next set of activities.
  • Options
    Gnome with a Can a fooking Can are you having me on or what I paid my fiver I was first to win the quiz and I get that

its a fooking con ya bstds
  • Options
    Date with the VC..
  • Options
    A very significant long term achievement completed in a short period of time.
    Very well done to all of the hardworking supporters of the Trust!!
  • Options
    Well done to all involved in negotiating this.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    razil said:

Date with the VC..

Surprised that you managed to get any sort of date after that TV performance but well done Barnie!

:-) ;-)
  • Options

Trust ?
    The question is:

How will the trust (if it was within their gift? is it?) reach a decision on a potential move to the Peninsular (or Senegal Fields etc) if and when the decision needs to be taken. Who will be deemed suitable to decide on such a critical issue?
    Steve

ACV does not in any way put a decision on a move in the hands of the Trust. Why did you think it does?