Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s

It finished Charlton 1 Wimbledon 0. The goal was scored by Joe Pigott from a corner. Charlton were much the better side and were unlucky not to win by more. Morgan Fox hit the post with a rasping drive. Their keeper made a couple of decent saves.

Charlton
Philips
Muldoon, Gomez, Lennon, Fox
Munns Poyet Jordan
Daniels
Pigott, Sho Silva

I also saw Hamer limping out of reception with his leg heavily strapped.

There were also some American/ German characters around.

Comments

• Options
    You're last line... was that a jest?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

You're last line... was that a jest?

Yes it was, sorry about that I couldn't resist.

• Options
    I thought so! Tease.
  • Options
    Dick tease :-O
  • Options
    Or is it a double bluff?

: - )
  • Options
    My first sighting of Joe Gomez. Wow, what a player we have here. Perfect balance, strong in the tackle, calm and assured on the ball. Was intercepting passes up to forwards with no problem. Totally blown away by him on that performance.

Shout out to the Dons keeper, J. McDonald, who was outstanding. Someone mentioned we nabbed a Dons youth player earlier this season, well if we can get him that would be good. Only name for me in their side was Charlie Sheringham, who was poor, but should have scored with a free header in the 2nd half, effectively their only chance of the game.

A good performance with Poyet once again pulling the strings although he needs to be careful with some of his tackles as he appears to leave the ground when diving in. Led to one player being carried off and could be deemed to be reds in these days of seemingly non contact football.

Smith and Feeley in attendance with Neil Ardley. Gritty was there too as well as scouts from Luton and Forest Green. Luton scout was sizing up Lennon for a loan move.
  • Options
    Yes Joe Gomez is some player, have been saying it for a while. He had Sheringham in his pocket. This kid is the real deal and will be pushing for a first team place in a year. Let us hope it is for us. I don't understand playing Olly Muldoon at right back as he is a creative midfield player. What has happened to Harry Osborne? Haven't seen him for a while.
  • Options
    Is Sheringham the son of?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Yeah, played for Welling, Dartford and a whole host of other clubs.....
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Yes Charlie Sheringham is the son of Teddy Sheringham, he used to bang in the goals for Welling. Hasn't really made it, looked very ordinary.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw Harry Gerrard there, but I wonder if Osborne has been released. No loss imo
  • Options
    So I went football training last night in South London and there was this one player who I hadn't seen before who looked 5 times better than anyone else. At the end I got talking to this lad and asked him who he played for, he said he had just been released from charlton. Asked him his name and he said Ali Rashid or something like that. He said he was 21yrs old! He said he plays cm and is now looking for a new club.

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of him ? as I have never heard of him so not sure if he was talking sh*t or he really has just been released by charlton
  • Options
    We had a midfielder called Rashid Yussuff. But he was released back in 2009(?). So I'd guess he'd be mid-twenties now. Don't know who he plays for (if anyone).
  • Options

So I went football training last night in South London and there was this one player who I hadn't seen before who looked 5 times better than anyone else. At the end I got talking to this lad and asked him who he played for, he said he had just been released from charlton. Asked him his name and he said Ali Rashid or something like that. He said he was 21yrs old! He said he plays cm and is now looking for a new club.

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of him ? as I have never heard of him so not sure if he was talking sh*t or he really has just been released by charlton

sometimes it can be player's attitude/physical aspects that contribute to a player being released. Erhun Oztumer who now plays for Peterborough got released by charlton at 16 because he was too short. If you saw him play for dulwich hamlet youd think charlton were crazy, he wasn't called the "non league messi" for no reason. The bloke is utter quality but the jury is obviously still out on whether he can physically compete.
  • Options
    Project Munns clearly an act of atonement then...