Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stephens hoping Doncaster goal will boost new contract prospects

Comments

• Options
    very promising - I think we are seeing what he is capabable of now and Chrissy will want to get him signed up!
  • Options
    Hope so. Seem very level-headed in that interview, with a very good attitude towards the contract as well.
  • Options
    Cousins being there has freed him up and we can now see the Dale we knew was in there
  • Options
    Would love him to stay but are his comments the usual lip-service when interviewed? And if say a bigger club come sniffing round January time would the lure of a new, better paid contract elsewhere distract him again? He has that track record now. Come on Board, we can all see a good player here, get him signed ASAP.
  • Options
    Really hope he signs a new contract. Finally he is bringing what has been missing from his game. Consistency. Him and Cousins working really well together
  • Options
    Yes, Cousins' introduction has helped him as he can play a role he is more comfortable with - that is the major difference IMO.
  • Options
    It's one thing signing for a bigger club, what was on the cards seemed to be signing for anyone who was closer to home for him - Powelly seemed to be saying he would let him go back home if a suitable deal was offered. TBH its been like getting a new player this season, he's been very impressive overall.
  • Options
    He's running the show now he's getting a run of games. Has a great understanding with Cousins now too. Sign them all up!

Stephens POTY for me so far this season,
  • Options
    Spot on Jordan helps Dale to play his natural game and express himself, told you he was worth £5 mill :-0
  • Options
    Its great that he wants to continue with us and shows that the overall feeling in the squad must be positive
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This crazy contract situation is becoming farcical.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hopefully the contract issues can be resolved soon if the other topic of conversation proceeds (no not the thread concerning the identity of the gobby git behind the goal in North Upper ;-)
  • Options
    Sometimes it's easy to forget he's only 23 as well. Another 10 years in him and his best is definitely yet to come. Sign him up please!
  • Options
    New contract prospects with who though?
  • Options
    Is it (partly) because of the potential takeover that our players' and even CP's contracts have all remained unsettled?
  • Options
    I've been impressed with him this season. I agree about Cousins but I also suspect that his attitude would have been affected by losing out on the opportunity of signing for Villa. That would have changed his life for ever and we (the club) refused to let him go.

At his age it is fully understandable that he would be tempted to 'sulk' a little about that.

I suspect that he will move on as he is almost certainly worth more than we are paying him and he can find a club further North to sign a pre-contract contract with in a matter of weeks.
  • Options
    24. Has exact same birthday as me!
  • Options

I've been impressed with him this season. I agree about Cousins but I also suspect that his attitude would have been affected by losing out on the opportunity of signing for Villa. That would have changed his life for ever and we (the club) refused to let him go.

At his age it is fully understandable that he would be tempted to 'sulk' a little about that.

I don't think it's a clear cut as that, as he's now playing far better than he was during the promotion season before the Villa bid.
  • Options

I don't think it's a clear cut as that, as he's now playing far better than he was during the promotion season before the Villa bid.
    Yes he is. I was trying to, diplomatically, hint that he might have had an off season last year as he was 'disappointed' at being refused a big money move. Had the Villa thing not happened we might have seen more performances like this season a year earlier. Just a guess, of course, but it's a credible theory, in my opinion.