Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAS Trust: Addicks' Ticket Fund - launched today

An innovative new scheme to help in hard times, and recognises just how pricey football can be particularly for families.
Thanks to a generous donation (and maybe more to follow) we are able to help some Charlton fans who would like to attend matches but cannot afford it.

Click for more details

Comments

• Options
    Is this fully paid for by the donation or are some of the fivers from the subscription going towards this?
  • Options
    completely seperate, donation specifically for this purpose
  • Options
    That's good.

A very commendable gesture but isn't one of the trust's aims to improve long term attendances? I the people using this service can't afford to come regularly then they won't be back after the freebie.

Maybe something like the trust buying a number of season tickets and 'renting' them out each game for the cost price would me more effective? That way people would only pay a tenner or so a game, it could all be booked in advance and a larger proportion may return If they could get a fairer priced ticket?

Anyway....I don't want to subtract too much from what is a lovely gesture
  • Options
    Could make it subscribers only....another reason for people to join the trust...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    there is potential to develop the scheme of course, but we had the offer and wanted to get it to Charlton fans before xmas, thanks for the input though and keep it coming, and course thanks to our donor, it might just make a difference to some younger fans this December, and of course it also promotes the trust generally, but not everything is about that, sometimes things are worth doing for their own sake and I feel this is one of them, I hope we get enough interest to use the whole fund and maybe more.

On a related note In terms of fees etc I would very much like the total sum of the collective output to exceed the members fees, so that includes the value of services we put out, and of course the discounts, donations we receive - does that make sense? So for example roughly speaking for your fiver you get 4 free tnts a year, a website, diary, etc etc as well as supporters' trust of course, not detracting from the main aims of course.
  • Options
    A lot of people struggling out there at the moment. If we can assist in any small way in keeping those not for the moment able to afford a ticket interested then I for one welcome the donation with much appreciation.
  • Options
    I wonder if there's an opportunity for ST holders to donate one of the free game vouchers from the back of their ST book to fellow Addicks who are having a tough time.
  • Options
    Nice idea, but seems open to abuse.

Just so in clear, I'm a member of the trust. I nominate my wife and she gets a free ticket ?

Hoe many times can I do this ?
  • Options

Just so in clear, I'm a member of the trust. I nominate my wife and she gets a free ticket ?

Yes sadly it is open to abuse but that goes with the territory. We just hope that people will not abuse what's is in the spirit of the donation. The Trust cannot police the scheme but only facilitate it and hope people use it for its true purpose.

• Options
    can we let RW answer some comments now please folks... (bit late I know)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It is at risk of abuse but we want to keep it lite touch and the donor wanted to help Charlton fans.
    Maybe the scheme will expand and develop - let's see where it goes to start with. The Trust is in touch with the club about a number of ticketing ideas and yes the overall goal has to be improve attendances because that improves long term sustainability.

And maybe fans who avail of it will have a better run of luck in the future and become regulars again?

• Options
    se9addick said:

I wonder if there's an opportunity for ST holders to donate one of the free game vouchers from the back of their ST book to fellow Addicks who are having a tough time.

That's a good idea.
    ;-)

• Options
    The person who made the donation was aware that it could be abused but was very clear that she didn't want any sort of vetting process. She thought that would be demeaning to recipients and an impossible task to carry out anyway.
    I think the reason that she wanted CAS Trust members to be the people to nominate was that she assumed that they would generally be people who believed in community action and mutual support and would therefore be less likely to abuse it.

AFKA - how about your wife joining the Trust and nominating you ?
  • Options

se9addick said:

That's a good idea.
    ;-)

That is an excellent idea, and one that hopefully the club can support this, as MOG suggests.
    You are a indeed a generous human being whoever donated this money to the trust, for this purpose. Thank you.

• Options

se9addick said:

That's a good idea.
    ;-)

Totally agree. 4 season tickets and highly unlikely to use any of the freebies .

Couldn't the use of such donated tickets be monitored by CAS Trust in some way to minimise abuse of the system ?

I'm sure the Club would welcome assistance in this .

• Options
    And the club have assisted in this by discounting the tickets so the scheme gets more tickets for the donation
  • Options
    This is a Cas trust initiative funded by donations, altho we hope to get a discount so we can offer as many tickets as possible. Please support if you can and if not a member and we can vouch for you please do nominate as we'd like to use the money especially around this time of year. It might just brighten up someone's boxing day.
  • Options
    Two nominations received for free tickets for the Derby game on December 14th. Please try and think of people who would like to see the game but can't afford it. We don't want this money just to sit in the bank.
  • Options
    razil said:

This is a Cas trust initiative funded by donations, altho we hope to get a discount so we can offer as many tickets as possible. Please support if you can and if not a member and we can vouch for you please do nominate as we'd like to use the money especially around this time of year. It might just brighten up someone's boxing day.

Or make a thoroughly miserable Christmas :-)
  • Options
    well for me its an excuse to get a way from the inlaws... :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pico said:

Two nominations received for free tickets for the Derby game on December 14th. Please try and think of people who would like to see the game but can't afford it. We don't want this money just to sit in the bank.

I think that lapsed season ticket holders (from last year) have received a free ticket from the club for derby. It may not be a fair fixture to test the uptake on the offer.
  • Options
    Fair point.

There is nothing to stop people making nominations now for Boxing Day (Brighton) or 29th (Sheff Wed).

We have also already received some s/t holder freebie vouchers which we can pass on.
  • Options
    I will donate my S/T freebie vouchers if the trust wants them . 2 adult and 4 under 11's.
  • Options
    Thanks very much. I'll inbox you
  • Options
    We have enough left in this fund for about 10 more tickets. As it is such an important game we would like to focus on Yeovil on Tuesday week. If you are a CAS Trust member and you know someone who would like to get to the game but can't afford it, please e mail secretary@castrust.org
  • Options
    Would it be a good idea to try to get the money together to buy some £150 season tickets for next year?

If that's thought to be a goer, you can count on me for £20.
  • Options
    Thanks for your offer. Your idea makes sense financially but the problem with the Trust owning season tickets is in the administration. We would have to have someone with the recipient at the turnstile to collect the book back once s/he was in the ground.
    The way it works with the current match day ticket arrangement is that they simply collect their ticket from Valley Central before the game. We don't have to be involved.

Of course, there is also an argument that the £150 season ticket should mean that there will be less need for our fund. That is good news as it is nearly used up and, as far as I know, the donation to cover the cost was a one-off.