Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who is sport for?

Mrs G turned BBC 2 on for Masterchef only to be greeted with the Wales v Tonga Rugby Union international.

I timed my entrance perfectly and suggested that we might as well watch this unless there was anything in particular she wanted to watch and, to my surprise, she agreed.

Anyway to the point. "Why aren't Wales wearing red? They always wear red" she said.

I couldn't answer. Tonight there is a Welsh team, playing at home, wearing dirty grey shirts.

So what it's only egg chasing I expect some of our luminaries to respond with.

That's not really the point though. It's about tradition and heritage and Wales wear red so who has arbitrarily changed it and why?

The same principles might be applicable rather closer to home in the not too distant future.

Comments

• Options
    sales of second strips .. sports 'stars' are as much involved with sales & marketing nowadays as they are with actually playing their game
  • Options
    She's turned onto I'm A Celebrity now.

The match was hardly a classic and Wales should win comfortably.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

She's turned onto I'm A Celebrity now.

The match was hardly a classic and Wales should win comfortably.

and apart from that, listening to Eddie Butler and Jonathan 'the squeaker' Davies is akin to torture of the ear'ole.
  • Options
    C'MON TONGA!!!