Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Germany

Will England put in a good performance or will Germanys ressie's just highlight how far behind the worlds top teams we are.

Should be a better game than friday, and i think a score draw is on the cards.

Comments

• Options
    even with "better" players returning for England, I do wonder whether the German's technical ability, physical strength and sheer hard work (reserves or not) will be too much for us to handle.

can't see us winning and if they score early think we'll be in for a hard night.

1-3.
  • Options
    Psychological blow if a strong England team get's beaten by a German reserve team, especially at home.
  • Options
    Im just pissed off Im a Celeb isnt on tonight cos of it!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Im just pleased Im a Celeb isnt on tonight cos of it!

That's better... :-D
  • Options
    Should be a positive result looking at the sides but you have to wonder what hold cleverly has on the manager cos he really is pants.
  • Options
    England 2 v Germany 1 .. and I agree with Beds .. Cleverly is not a clever (lol) selection .. would hope this is a last ditch for him .. another no good show and he won't be selected for Brazil .. I feel that the same goes for Smalling, though he is gradually improving .. the right back issue needs sorting, Clyne would have been a good choice (and YES I know he is ex palace .. so what?)
  • Options
    Boring Draw or close England win and a false dawn
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Both teams giving some border line players one last chance to stake a claim for the final squad selection so not too fussed about the result but I'm mildly confident we can take the old enemy tonight C'mon England.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Don't think Smalling is the answer at CB; despite his aberration on Friday I reckon Cahill & Jagielka are Roy's preferred pairing.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    A bit of ex-player interest...

Carl Jenkinson has scored tonight for the U21s against erm San Marino
    Flourent Roumba is playing for Burkina Faso as they attempt to qualify against an Algerian side with Madjid Bougherra in the side

EDIT: Bougherra who has just scored for Algeria...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    u21s are scoring roughly every 8 mins...64 mins gone.
  • Options
    Can't see England getting anything out of the game 0-3 / 1-3 / 1-4.
  • Options
    I always support and cheer my country on no matter what sport it is, but I am very concerned about tonight
    everyone remembers to 5-1 in Munich I think it could be reversed tonight
  • Options
    Very much a second string Germany side tonight so shouldnt be as tough
  • Options
    edited November 2013

I always support and cheer my country on no matter what sport it is, but I am very concerned about tonight
    everyone remembers to 5-1 in Munich I think it could be reversed tonight

Not everyone! 4-2 after extra time July 1966 is at the forefront of my mind :0)
  • Options
    England XI to face Germany: Hart, Walker, Smalling, Jagielka, Cole, Gerrard (capt), Cleverley, Townsend, Rooney, Lallana and Sturridge

Germany XI: Weidenfeller, Westermann, Mertesacker, Boateng, Schmelzer, Lars Bender, Sven Bender, Götze, Kroos, Reus, Kruse

2 Benders starting for the Germans
  • Options

Very much a second string Germany side tonight so shouldnt be as tough

Mertesacker,Boateng,Schmelzer,Gotze,Kroos,Reus and Kruse sounds pretty strong to me
  • Options
    No under 21 scores please :D

Score draw tonight.
  • Options
    God help us!
  • Options
    5-1 in Munich...forgot about that. That was a competitive game can't compare it to friendlies.

What we want to do here is just look solid and strong. Make it a tough game for the Germans try and knock their confidence.

Don't conceed a goal...in my eyes that's a victory in a friendly ...a friendly that still means nout rivalry or not. Relax is what I would say.

An entertaining night would be nice though, but no need save it for Brazil.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Neuer, Lahm, Hummels, Schweinsteiger, Muller, Ozil, Gomez or Podolski, and they still read stronger than us.
  • Options
    Love Michael Ballack on ITV... When asked if we're stupid for thinking we can win a competition in a few years he laughed and said "Dont be negative" its something so small but its probably the huge thing we're missing.

He also went on to say that England cant be like Germany or other nations because its changing so much, i.e. a few years ago it was France and Bloemfontein, then Spain and tika taka and now the German way

We're so obsessed with trying to copy the winners that we change our tune as to who we should imitate after every World Cup (2014... Will it be Brazil we should be copying??) when surely thats doing no more than confusing everyone.

I watched the U21s the other night against Finland (will wait for the "its only Finland remarks") yet they passed the ball extremely well and if thats how they're doing it should be done that way in the main squad so there is a fluid transition.

Was also a bloody joke how the team was booed off against Chile (and how everyone was saying the result proves we're not good enough) well every time a friendly comes up we demand that the Manager experiments, that he should try Youth... Why the hell should he use Youth when the first time he does it, he's critised for it!!!

Sorry rant over lol!
  • Options
    "Another worrying statistic from Opta Joe: 3 - Germany have scored at least three goals in nine of their last 10 internationals".
  • Options
    Macronate said:

"Another worrying statistic from Opta Joe: 3 - Germany have scored at least three goals in nine of their last 10 internationals".

Including a 4-3 defeat to the USA...
  • Options
    Not a fan of Smalling at all.
  • Options
    We should copy the German way internationally AND domestically. Cheap to watch, full stadia, awesome atmospheres, standing room.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

We should copy the German way internationally AND domestically. Cheap to watch, full stadia, awesome atmospheres, standing room.

Should definitely copy the German way domestically
  • Options
    Actually think this game is more important then previously. A solid 2-0 win against this lot would do the world of good for our team psychologically! Looking lively c'mon England!
  • Options
    This game is obviously about whether individuals such as Lallana, Cleverly & Smalling are good enough for the 23. Both teams 4-4-1-1.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Im just pissed off Im a Celeb isnt on tonight cos of it!

I am pissed off that I have to record Masterchef.