Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

alternative england XI

after the nightmare at the weekend can we put out an england side good enough without the superstars who just don't do it for our country.
here's mine

carson
richards dawson carragher barry

hargreaves

barton ...................................... nolan

bentley ....................................................... lennon

bent

at least this lot would give 100%
(maybe a bit rose tinted including bent and carson)

why don't my spaces come out as i typed it?

Comments

• Options
    I'd give Ledley King a game if fit
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I'd give Ledley King a game if fit

yeah if fit i would have include ashton instead of bent & j.cole (on left) instead of bentley (with lennon on right)
  • Options
    you also need a replacement for venables on the coaching team,coz he is appalling.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]you also need a replacement for venables on the coaching team,coz he is appalling.

he only lost one game with England - EVER.

But yes, he's rubbish. I consider Glenn Hoddle the best England manager of the past 15 years and no, i'm not taking the mick, i thought he was good.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    it would be great if we could play all our games at home like 1996,but unfortunately we don't have the luxury of not having to qualify for this tournament.

all england managers have a great record at wembley,even keegan only lost twice there.
  • Options
    I just don't see it with Carragher, he's not good enough to be a main centre half and there are better full backs, sure he nearly scores ocassionally, but how many goals has he actually scored for England.
  • Options
    i would give Parker a run out too !!!!