Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cult 60s British band playing first UK gig in years on Sunday

I know there are a few old hippies on here who might appreciate this...not sure if this is sold out but..http://shindig-magazine.com/blog/index.php/dive-into-yesterday-kaleidoscope-are-back/

Saw them in Austin, TX back in the spring & they were just brilliant - as a long time fan of the band it was moving beyond words to see them live.

Not sure many will know them on here, but a heads up if you care...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I1SEfPJejc

Comments

• Options
    I am going. Should be a very good night.
  • Options
    at 54 seconds 'all things bright and beautiful' riff...... yes.
  • Options

I am going. Should be a very good night.

You'll enjoy it - his backing band is superb and Pete Daltrey is as fit as a fiddle for someone pushing 70! Now if only the original British Nirvana would get together again and play some shows...

• Options
    You not going tomorrow Oakster?

• Options

You not going tomorrow Oakster?

no i am in Canada Ralph, otherwise i would be there - they were due to play one of /if not their first comeback gigs in Calgary in April which was cancelled at the last minute due to financial problems

it was a mini psych festival with the Telescopes, Norman Blake of Teenage Fanclub, Suicide, Rain Parade - it was a great eclectic line up - after it was cancelled i consoled myself with the prospect of The Jesus and Mary Chain headlining our summer festival - which then got cancelled itself due to a flood of biblical proportions which wiped out half the city centre!!!
  • Options
    I did not know the Rain Parade were touring agian. I now have goosebumps. I will enjoy tonight on your behalf
  • Options
    Tangerine Dream is the featured album on Freakzone tonight.
  • Options
    3 out of 4 original members on stage by the end of the night. Very English folk psych night with an oil wheel light show.