Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern season tickets

Think we have some commuters on here, so worth asking I guess. I'm starting a new job in January and will need a season ticket. To avoid the fare hike in the new year, is it as simple as buying the ticket in late December to avoid the increase? Thinking it's worth a few days wasted travel to avoid the £100s more the ticket will increase by come January?

I imagine this is a quite simple situation, and maybe a stupid question, but just wanted to get some advice so I don't get stung. These bloody trains cost enough as it is.

Comments

• Options
    Yep, buy in December if you can.
  • Options
    Usually the train ticket increases dont take effect until around 6th January (though dont quote me) - Usually pay day for me is around the 28th of each month which is when I re-new my monthly so whenever there is a rise in prices I dont get hit with the increase until the end of January
  • Options
    think they go up on 2nd January so yes, buy 31st december and you'll save whilst only wasting travel on New years day when there are not any trains anyway. If you stay in your job over a year though you are only delaying the inevitable ;-))
  • Options
    My renewal is the end of this month, Zones 1-6 no tubes. £1800.00 a year. 4.1% increase being touted about.
  • Options
    Yes, aways buy mine in late December, thus delaying any hike impact for a year.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Can you buy annual tickets online (non-renewal) or will I need to find a ticket office that's actually open between Christmas and New Year?!
  • Options
    RDG said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Can you buy annual tickets online (non-renewal) or will I need to find a ticket office that's actually open between Christmas and New Year?!

http://tickets.southeasternrailway.co.uk/se/en/JourneyPlanning/SeasonMixingDeck
  • Options
    Paul Green ‏@NewsShopperSprt
    They'll probably be late! RT @Se_Railway Senior SE managers will be at Victoria stn on 5 December at 8am and 10am to answer any questions
  • Options
    RDG said:

Think we have some commuters on here, so worth asking I guess. I'm starting a new job in January and will need a season ticket. To avoid the fare hike in the new year, is it as simple as buying the ticket in late December to avoid the increase? Thinking it's worth a few days wasted travel to avoid the £100s more the ticket will increase by come January?

I imagine this is a quite simple situation, and maybe a stupid question, but just wanted to get some advice so I don't get stung. These bloody trains cost enough as it is.

Welcome to Hell! Otherwise known as Southeastern.