Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2013
    It's not often I'm shocked but all this stuff shocks me. Is it just famous people that have a strange preference for kids or am I naive and there a lot of guys 'at it'?

On a lighter note, I liked a tweet by Ross Noble when he was staying at a hotel where there were pictures of famous people in the lobby that had stayed at the hotel. "It's like the incident room of Operation Yewtree" he opined.
  • Options
    I am past being surprised .. how much of this is very young girls throwing themselves at famous/glamorous men ? .. not that that excuses the behaviour of the tempted who have succumbed
  • Options
    A good voice, money, power or position will always screw with a young girls hormones, it's a natural response of survival that retains in us the basic instincts we needed through our evolution. In saying that, in a modern structured society it is up to the individual whether or not to persue such a dangerous and illegal liason.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

A good voice, money, power or position will always screw with a young girls hormones, it's a natural response of survival that retains in us the basic instincts we needed through our evolution. In saying that, in a modern structured society it is up to the individual whether or not to persue such a dangerous and illegal liason.

what a strange way of saying its a dirty nonce touching up a young girl.
  • Options

surely its all about context no ?
  • Options

Sorry, I'm a bit wordy at times, but I think most will get the point I am making. (it's a moral one btw)

• Options
    I've never heard of him.
  • Options

Kids are impressionable, is what you're saying? Of course they are.

But to anyone normal 'pursuing such a liaison' wouldn't enter into their thoughts let alone by a decision.

I don't know who he is either, Beds.
  • Options

I've never heard of him.

Did the vocals on Pink Floyd's "Have a Cigar" amongst other things.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Depressing - I love his music and by all accounts he is/was a terrific guy. We shall see.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2013
    he was big mates with the Led Zep crew way back when .. Led Zep, THE band with THE worst (or best depending on your p o v) reputation for excessive behaviour .. last I heard of him was on Test Match Special last year, interviewed by Agnew .. he also sang one of his 'best known' songs .. 'When an Old Batsman (EDIT: Cricketer so Pedro tells us) Leaves the Crease' .. soon perhaps he'll be appearing live at the Old Bailey
  • Options
    really hope this isn't true. great musician.
  • Options
    I used to like Roy Harper's music back in the seventies. He was folky, wrote some lovely songs, but had a few mad moments. Allegedly, he was once asked to write the Eurovision Song Contest song for Britain, but was declined when he asked iif they wanted the twenty or twenty-five minute version! He was pictured naked on the cover of one album, but for the price sticker protecting his "modesty"!. His live gigs were fun, and he often told long rambling stories between songs, often about sex with young girls (when he was a schoolkid too...). What I guess we didn't know then was he allegedly continued to partake when he was older...Forbidden Fruit indeed! He is one of the few people I have ever missed a Charlton game to go and see - his original gig was postponed as he caught a disease after giving a sheep the kiss of life, and it got re-arranged on a night when we drew 1-1 with Bolton I think (1976?). He was actually the Honarary President of my local cricket team back then too...not sure our ClubMark would make him viable at my newer club now! He is probably best known for his song "When an Old Cricketer Leaves the Crease" which dabbled with the Top 20 in about 1975. He has just undertaken his first tour for years, and has a new album out (very well received); I'm sure much of the proceeds will be going towards his lawyers costs. It is very sad that someone who's music I liked has been charged with this sort of thing; if found guilty, it will be a very sad day for British folk music.
  • Options

Kids are impressionable, is what you're saying? Of course they are.

But to anyone normal 'pursuing such a liaison' wouldn't enter into their thoughts let alone by a decision.

I don't know who he is either, Beds.
    Exactly...all kids are impressionable, and that's why society needs laws that draw a firm line that should not be crossed. What I'm saying is, if everyone had decent morals we wouldn't really need all laws we currently have.

• Options
    Cocaine fame alcohol and adoration. "I can do anything!" "No. You can't."
  • Options
    Fanatastic programme on 'Wish You were here' last week - including an interview with Roy, who nailed "Have a Cigar" much to the annoyance still of Roger Waters, who couldn't hit the higher notes.
  • Options

Cocaine fame alcohol and adoration. "I can do anything!" "No. You can't."

Agree. It's a great shame that it took so long for these (alleged) behaviours to become socially unacceptable. But there's still a whole lot more waiting to be told.
  • Options
    The way it's going, I reckon that there'll be more of these threads than RIP ones.
  • Options

I've never heard of him.

I expect that list is rather long......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

I've never heard of him.

I expect that list is rather long......
    Well we can't all be as old as you ChirpyRed
  • Options
    Valentine is a terrific album with 'Forbidden Fruit' one of the stand out songs...which is as disturbing as it is beautiful. But Roy did explain that as an 18 year old he was madly in love with this 15 year old girl who got pregnant by him and was forced by the authorities to abort.
    In context there were loads of underage groupies dressed up to look a lot older than they were chasing the bands. If Roy knew this girl to be underage and dallied with her then he was just asking for trouble. I am guessing she is chasing his money now. Or was she totally messed up by the experience?
  • Options
    Still waiting on Jimmy Page, Harpers great mate

• Options
    Not familiar with Roy Harpers music, but the name rang a distant bell - apparently he was in a long forgotten film which had a lot of location shots around the Valley.