Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the killers

never seen them live but have always liked their music when on the box, anyone recommend an album of their's to start off with?

Comments

• Options
    Hot Fuss
  • Options
    Stig said:

Hot Fuss

.......and then stop!
  • Options

Stig said:

Hot Fuss

.......and then stop!
    I think so. One to definately avoid unless you are a committed fan is Sawdust.
  • Options
    hot fuss is good, apart from that i dont rate them, but each to their own.
  • Options
    I think Sam's Town is better than Hot Fuss.
  • Options
    Get the new Best Of. They really aren't an album band!
  • Options
    Saw them live last year and they were brilliant, Brandon Flowers is a top frontman and even my husband who moaned like a drain about going came out a fan.
    In terms of albums I like them all, but I would start with Hot Fuss or the most recent Battle Born.
  • Options
    Whats the new album like? Is that Battle Born, as Bowie mentions above? Saw them on Later the other night, thought the first song was pretty damn good, but they've fooled me before.

I first came across them playing "All the things I've done" at Live8, fair took my breath away, but somehow never get through an album satisfied
  • Options
    Hot Fuss and then stop is about right. Personally, the only songs worth bothering with after that are the singles.
  • Options
    I have seen them 2 times and have all there album I think they are great.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Guilty! Just brought in a dead mouse. Normally very gentle and brings them in alive.
  • Options
    Hot Fuss is excellent. The odd good track on Day & Age. Sams Town Abbey Road version on erm the Sawdust album is worth buying just for that version of the song. Very good live band, seen them about 3 times now at Festies.

I have all their albums except the newest. Tend to shove them all on my comp & add my to fav tracks to a playlist cos can't listen to an entire album without wanting to skip loads.

Bit like Kings of Leon. Although haven't bothered to see Kings of Leon live. Can't guarantee they will be bothered from gig to gig could never say that about the Killers.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vyk7KmHmRc

This is one of the best moments of my life, especially as I got in for free!
  • Options
    Seen then live twice - didn't disappoint. Flowers is a top top front man - Loved their one-off Wembley song last summer.
  • Options
    Love them! Get Direct Hits, came out this week, rather than the albums if you're not a fan. Also try & check out some of their Xmas songs, very good.

Wembley song they did live this year is brilliant. Its on YouTube.
  • Options
    most of Hot Fuss, about 4 songs off Sam's Town + Human - excellent stuff, unfortunately everything else is rubbish
  • Options
    The new stuff sounds decent enough
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Might as well buy their best of album called Direct hits that came out about a few days ago.
  • Options
    Anyone else seeing Brandon Flowers tonight at Brixton ?
  • Options

No but I saw a poster for his new album, is it any good ? Quite liked his first solo record.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2015
    se9addick said:

No but I saw a poster for his new album, is it any good ? Quite liked his first solo record.
    I've not heard all of it. I think he's a great front man, so thought I'd see how he does solo.

I'm confident it won't be as good as The Killers, but I love Brixton Academy and can get home from there in less than half hour.
  • Options
    I wanted to go as I love him and the killers but sadly could not get any tickets. I bought his new album yesterday as well
  • Options
    Distinctly average gig. Personally, I don't think his songs are strong enough.
    Highlight was Chrissy Hynde joining him on stage. She sang, Don't Get Me Wrong and another one with Brandon.