Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where to stay in Dubai?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2013

Danepak said:

OK, so basically staying in the Jumeirah Beach area is better than Deira?

Only if beach access is a requirement. If you are only interested in going shopping (and some people are) then Downtown Dubai is better. If you are more interested in sight-seeing (historic Dubai), Deira or Bur Dubai.

Most people seem to be swayed by what they children want. If that is swimming / water park, then you are best off at the beach
    You just sold it to me there (Jumeirah it is then).
  • Options
    Danepak said:

Danepak said:

Only if beach access is a requirement. If you are only interested in going shopping (and some people are) then Downtown Dubai is better. If you are more interested in sight-seeing (historic Dubai), Deira or Bur Dubai.

Most people seem to be swayed by what they children want. If that is swimming / water park, then you are best off at the beach
    If booking the JBH, it is worth considering the Premium Leisure Rooms over the standard ones. Premium Leisure will cost more, but you get return airport transfers (in style), dedicated check-in, use of the Executive Pool area, free soft-drinks, tea and coffee, all day, afternoon tea and 2 - 3 hours of free snacks and (alcoholic) drinks in the evening. This all happens in the Club Lounge, where they have free internet access, Console games etc ...
  • Options

Danepak said:

Danepak said:

If booking the JBH, it is worth considering the Premium Leisure Rooms over the standard ones. Premium Leisure will cost more, but you get return airport transfers (in style), dedicated check-in, use of the Executive Pool area, free soft-drinks, tea and coffee, all day, afternoon tea and 2 - 3 hours of free snacks and (alcoholic) drinks in the evening. This all happens in the Club Lounge, where they have free internet access, Console games etc ...
    The honest answer is that I'm too much of a tight arse to spend that kind of money on a hotel.
    Found a couple of cheap options (still 4 star) in the area. Costs 1/5 of what JBH charges.