Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Beer number 2 - Pliny the Elder from Russian River. This has almost mythical stays on the east coast as you just can’t get it. It’s been a while since I’ve had a west coast IPA, but this is really nice. We’ll balanced, not boozy at all For 8%, a bit piney and quite dry, but very easy to drink. Hunt it down while you’re out there @Charlton_Charlie

• Options
    Tried a Guinness cold brew coffee beer, really nice.
    I was in Dublin last weekend to support Scotland against Ireland in the Nations League (less said about the result the better!). As typical tourists we did the Guinness Storehouse tour the evening before and I tried the (relatively) new Citra IPA at the end. I like IPA’s and was sceptical after hating the awful Hophouse lager that somehow is still going, but the Citra was really good. Plus I got this cool photo of a rainbow over Dublin whilst I had a pint of Guinness in my hand!

• Options
    Warning - this is not for the faint hearted. 

I promised myself I wouldn’t post every beer on here, but number 5 - Cantillon Camerise (also known as Sang Bleu) deserves a special mention. 

Odd berry flavor, but sour, really sour. Like mild Sarsons. This is not going to be everyone’s cup of sour, but if you like the extreme end, this is worth a try. Maybe just one though. 

• Options
    Bonus new brewery - drove to Plymouth, Massachusetts for a concert and there’s a tiny brewery called Second Wind. They had a fantastic tropical sour - mostly pineapple. And now their double IPA, Downtown Rabbits, which has a really nice flavor. 

The pic shows most of the brewery, with a bar that seats six. 

• Options
    Birthday beer - not mine, Aeronaut Brewery in sunny Somerville, which is 8 years old and is celebrating with 8 Years With Dr. Nandu. 

After what I think were a couple of off years, this one is a really smooth 8% NEIPA with tropical hints. Way to easy to drink. 

• Options
    A bad picture of a very nice beer. “Hazy Days” IPA from the Cowbell brewery in Ontario, Canada. 

• Options
    Too many nice beers out there now and too little time to try them all! Hopefully I have maybe at least 20 years left on this planet to try. 🍺
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Too many nice beers out there now and too little time to try them all! Hopefully I have maybe at least 20 years left on this planet to try. 🍺
    Wonder if during the next 20 years we will get back to the premiership. I hope so.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Great boozer, shame the pint was £6.
  • Options
    Jesus that really is to much. Yes I know I live in Norwich 😊
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

£6.40, but a cracking pint in a great boozer.

A shame it's a spanners gaff.
  • Options
    In Princess Louise, Holborn. Stunning interior. I swear it used to be Youngs, nose Sam Smiths. 
  • Options
    This was surprisingly nice and refreshing but defo not an entry level sour!

• Options
    In Princess Louise, Holborn. Stunning interior. I swear it used to be Youngs, nose Sam Smiths. 
    It's been a Sam Smith's for at least the last 20 years. Before that I think it was independent, or else owned by a small chain.
  • Options
    And served shit beer in all that time
  • Options

@se9addick must be wedged up to afford drinking in here.
    This was a cracking drink but £6.30........for 2/3rds of a pint!!

• Options
    Off_it said:
    It's been a Sam Smith's for at least the last 20 years. Before that I think it was independent, or else owned by a small chain.
    It was definitely a free house back in the early 1980’s. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I haven’t been in there for over twenty years so that would explain my not knowing. 
  • Options
    Found this in the yellow ticket section at a nearby Tesco, think I paid £4.50 for four large cans. 
    I've had a few northern monk beers in the past and have generally been very impressed, especially with their Striding Edge which tastes much better than you'd expect of a 2.8% ale.

I can't complain I wasn't warned about this one. It does exactly what it says on the tin, and ingredients include 'custard essence', doubtless of interest to a few on here. Very dry, astringent in a rhubarby way, with vanillaish flavours coming through at the end as the custard flavour kicks in.
    It was interesting, but I should have bought 4 not 8. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can’t remember if this is the thread to winge about the cost of a pint but currently in the lobster shack in whitstable and just paid £7.08 for a pint of Kentish lager which I think is whitstable brewery. Everything in here is ordered off the app so they tear the arse out of you for that,  hence the weird price. It’s very nice tho.
  • Options
    Can’t remember if this is the thread to winge about the cost of a pint but currently in the lobster shack in whitstable and just paid £7.08 for a pint of Kentish lager which I think is whitstable brewery. Everything in here is ordered off the app so they tear the arse out of you for that,  hence the weird price. It’s very nice tho.
    Remember when we flew up to Man U and got hammered up on Turbo shandies before the game and you threw up into your pint glass?

I'm pretty sure that pint of your vom looked more appealing than the beers in some of these pictures. Absolutely disgusting looking filth.
  • Options
    Kin Dennis Twigg
  • Options
    Boom said:
    Kin Dennis Twigg
    I'll find you ...... I'll hunt you down and I'll find you!
  • Options
    My Untappd tells me I’ve drank 70 different beers in the last two weeks in the US. The highest ratings I’ve have  are to (not my photos!):

28 Haze Later by Beachwood Brewing (CA)

Homestyle by Bearded Iris (TN)

• Options
    se9addick said:
    My Untappd tells me I’ve drank 70 different beers in the last two weeks in the US. The highest ratings I’ve have  are to (not my photos!):

28 Haze Later by Beachwood Brewing (CA)

Homestyle by Bearded Iris (TN)

Nice glass.
  • Options

Trying one of the local lagers, Totnes is very pleasant.
  • Options
    Is that the Steam Packet?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Is that the Steam Packet?

Would rather have gone to the Steam Packet, maybe tomorrow.