Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Got one of these Pinters on the go tonight, something about making your own beer! 
    What brew did you make ? 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Got one of these Pinters on the go tonight, something about making your own beer! 
    That looks interesting. I've not seen those before, is it new? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    What brew did you make ? 
    I did the fresh republic lager, over the moon it worked! 
  • Options
    That looks interesting. I've not those before, is it new? 
    Kinda, I think they bloomed last year. Pinter is the company they do a range of different home brews you can make. This one took about 2 weeks all in 
  • Options
    I can report that the English Trappist beer is top notch
  • Options

Not usually a massive porter fan, but this was rather nice
  • Options
    Pushing the boundaries of what counts as beer and looks horrendous tbh! Very fruity, smooth and a little too sweet for more than one. Collaboration with Brew Dog.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    What brew did you make ? 
    I did the fresh republic lager, over the moon it worked! 
    The republic lager I tried to make wasn’t the greatest.
    think I messed up. Maybe should’ve tried filtered water.
    Got the American Pale Ale
    conditioning at the mo.
    If it’s as good as the public house IPA, I’ll be happy 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sour (very). Like my mood after that performance today. 
  • Options
    The only pluspoint of today's game was two litres of this delicious beer, discounted by 20% and delivered to my front door

• Options

Sour (very). Like my mood after that performance today. 
    Nice glass.
  • Options

Decent enough session beer. Not sure I could taste the alleged chestnuts used in it. 
  • Options
    Beautifully smooth. At 12% you’d expect it to be boozy, but it’s not. Smooth, hoppy with hints of tropical fruit. 

How much did that cost. They had a limited range over here in November. Something like that would have cost about £16/17.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Beautifully smooth. At 12% you’d expect it to be boozy, but it’s not. Smooth, hoppy with hints of tropical fruit. 

How much did that cost. They had a limited range over here in November. Something like that would have cost about £16/17.
    I think this was $6 per can - $24 for a four pack. I think that’s the most I’ve seen for a 4 pack, most of the Double IPAs are $22. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

I think this was $6 per can - $24 for a four pack. I think that’s the most I’ve seen for a 4 pack, most of the Double IPAs are $22. 
    Are you serious? "top" UK breweries such as Verdant or Cloudwater will charge £10 for a TIPA, DIPAS coming in around £7.50. The only IPA quad I recall seeing was 20% Brewdog beer and was filth.

Will you send me some "glassware" wrapped up in an old pair of slippers? Happy to pay in advance.
  • Options
    I'm quite envious of that glass too. Might try and track down something similar...but a bit closer to home.

£6 a can seems like a bargain compared to most quads. 
  • Options
    No Frills Joe's in Swanscombe sell a similar glass, very reasonably prices too. Plus they do some lovely beers

https://shop.nofrillsjoe.co.uk/collections/merch/products/merch-branded-beer-glass-2-3rd-pint
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Frills Joe's in Swanscombe sell a similar glass, very reasonably prices too. Plus they do some lovely beers

https://shop.nofrillsjoe.co.uk/collections/merch/products/merch-branded-beer-glass-2-3rd-pint
    Nice one, I'll check them out later. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021

• Options
    I'm quite envious of that glass too. Might try and track down something similar...but a bit closer to home.

£6 a can seems like a bargain compared to most quads. 
    Wait, "glassware" is the term when people ship beer to one another through the mail system. For tax reasons @SomervilleAddick wouldn't be allowed to genuinely send me Trillium beer in the post. He could however send me some glassware if I paid in advance.
  • Options
    I don’t think it’s tax reasons - it’s illegal to ship beer anywhere unless you have an armful of permits.  Legally I can’t buy a can of beer and post it to myself in the same state as I buy it, even though the tax had been paid. 

The glass is from Aeronaut. A few of the breweries have annual subscription clubs where you get barrel aged or special recipes. They normally give you a glass with your first beer of the year.  

As for price, I think $6 is the most I’ve seen for a can from the brewery. Most run in the $4-$6 range. I think Trilliums base IPAs are $4. 

Different story in a bar - you definitely see the charging $16-$20 for draft versions of the can. 
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:

Stuff like this needs to be drunk like tea and respected.
    What you mean in big mugsfull first thing in the morning and throughout the day at work?
  • Options
    I spent another £120 yesterday on 6 cans of IPA and 4 cans of DIPA from The Veil, with 4 cans of 'original' Chubbles via Cloudwater....so yes, just under £10 per can but....as said before....always quality over quantity and these beers are superb...  Cloudwater have weekly releases for its mailing list, which is where I've got the Other Half, Equilibrium, The Veil and Finnback beers from these last few weeks...if you're into that type of thing I highly recommend signing up... Cheers
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:

Stuff like this needs to be drunk like tea and respected.
    What you mean in big mugsfull first thing in the morning and throughout the day at work?
    Yes mate, exactly.  Try it!
  • Options

Very heavy, but tasty.
    Memories for me out in Durban for the test in '99.  I missed Andy Caddick's hat-trick due to being stuck in a boozer watching our game at Huddersfield.
  • Options

Nepalese takeaway so grabbed a couple of these. Very nice
  • Options
    I spent another £120 yesterday on 6 cans of IPA and 4 cans of DIPA from The Veil, with 4 cans of 'original' Chubbles via Cloudwater....so yes, just under £10 per can but....as said before....always quality over quantity and these beers are superb...  Cloudwater have weekly releases for its mailing list, which is where I've got the Other Half, Equilibrium, The Veil and Finnback beers from these last few weeks...if you're into that type of thing I highly recommend signing up... Cheers
    I cannot justify the outlay these days. The Trillium beer a bought last year was decent, but in my opinion you can get equally good UK beer cheaper and fresher.

This week I paid £30 for six cans of Wylams - Come in 51 your time is up. Best beer I've had in ages.