Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Just can’t imagine having such a fruity beer
  • Options
    From a Bournemouth microbrewery...

Very nice. Quite a lot going on, quite fruity and a bit of bite but definitely not as sharp as some other sours. 
    Sorry, but that exact colour reminds me of the night I chucked up after oding on my mates rhubarb wine. Can't imagine fancying a beer like that.
  • Options
    Snakebite and black
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:

Utter filth, not sure what I was expecting.
    Lol.

It sounds absolutely horrific. What did it taste like then?
    It tasted exactly like it said on the can, I was hoping for a decent kettle sour like the ones Brick make. This tasted like a bag of kids sweets.
    Like drinking a can of Lilt with a mouthful of Hubba Bubba?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:

Utter filth, not sure what I was expecting.
    Lol.

It sounds absolutely horrific. What did it taste like then?
    It tasted exactly like it said on the can, I was hoping for a decent kettle sour like the ones Brick make. This tasted like a bag of kids sweets.
    Like drinking a can of Lilt with a mouthful of Hubba Bubba?
    Not far off, throw a quarter of a teaspoon of citric acid in. 
  • Options
    Stig said:0
    From a Bournemouth microbrewery...

Very nice. Quite a lot going on, quite fruity and a bit of bite but definitely not as sharp as some other sours. 
    Sorry, but that exact colour reminds me of the night I chucked up after oding on my mates rhubarb wine. Can't imagine fancying a beer like that.
    Lol, I was tempted to stick a sparkler and cocktail cherry in it a la Del Boy.

I agree though, looks wise, its not very appealing and you would feel a right plonker drinking it from a jug down the Nag's Head.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Snakebite and black
    A mate of mine loved drinking this in The Compass in Bromley MANY years ago.

• Options

Not sure which one to put in the sub next. Cruz Campo will bring back some memories of them times I used to go on holiday.
  • Options

Not sure which one to put in the sub next. Cruz Campo will bring back some memories of them times I used to go on holiday.
    State of them cans.  Did you ask for a couple of cans of headbanger?  ;-)
  • Options
    Best pair of cans I can set my eyes on in this house :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The other thing I noticed was that Affligem Blond was 6.7% when I last had it. That's some comedown :neutral:  It did taste lovely though, hope yours did too!
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Happily working my way through a three litre bottle of Rebellion's Overthrow, the description from their website being very accurate:

Overthrow

Strength: 4.3% Pale & Crisp Overthrow is an easy drinking, well balanced pale ale with a pleasing hoppy aroma. Brewed with exclusively 100% Marris Otter pale ale malt which gives a clean and crisp base. British hops First Gold and Goldings add citrus and floral notes. American Citra hops added to the hopback add a distinct aroma of grapefruit and tropical fruit. Malt: Maris Otter Pale Ale Hops: First Gold, Goldings, Citra

Very good light session beer

I like Rebellion beers, been combining walks in the Chilterns this year with visits to local breweries like Rebellion, Tring and Chiltern to collect draught beer. All have a range of draught ales you can choose from

I much prefer drinking copious amounts of tasty session beers than sipping 10% craft ales
  • Options
    Stig said:
    The other thing I noticed was that Affligem Blond was 6.7% when I last had it. That's some comedown :neutral:  It did taste lovely though, hope yours did too!
    The Affligem Blond is still 6.7%
    @o-randy-hunt has the Affligem Fris Blond for the Sub machine.
    Both are available on the Sub and both very good 👍
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Yea I went for the weaker version 🐱

Shall go for the 6.7% if this lockdown gets any more depressing.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Yea I went for the weaker version 🐱

Shall go for the 6.7% if this lockdown gets any more depressing.
    I’ve currently got a taste for the wheat beer on the sub.
    Also Got the weaker Affligem myself ready to chill 🍻
  • Options
    edited November 2020

What's not to like? £20 for 12 x 500ml bottles. Free home delivery with 20 miles of Hythe.
  • Options

What's not to like? £20 for 12 x 500ml bottles. Free home delivery with 20 miles of Hythe.
    Nice one - passed this onto my mate in Folkstone. 
  • Options
    Can see the missus has got me a Siren Brewery advent calendar (also my birthday on the 1st)

No idea what their beers are like - will try and give a daily rundown
  • Options
    @MrOneLung Siren make some good beers...am not sure they've got 24 varieties though...you may get a few repeats...look forward to seeing what you've got.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Can see the missus has got me a Siren Brewery advent calendar (also my birthday on the 1st)

As Charlie mentioned, their beers a generally very good. Fingers crossed it will include a couple of their Caribbean chocolate cake stouts. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    MrOneLung said:

As Charlie mentioned, their beers a generally very good. Fingers crossed it will include a couple of their Caribbean chocolate cake stouts. 
    Another shout out for Siren. If you scroll back through the thread you'll see lots of photos from me of their beers.

Very reliable brewer and I don't think I've had a poor beer from them. Some are better than others still, I'm not that fussed about their Yu Lu or Lumina for example but fundamentally they're a decent enough session beer.

Hope you like some of their more weird and wacky flavour combos!
  • Options
    @PopIcon I bought the 'cake' series last year but couldn't get on with it....just that bit too much for me...too sweet I reckon...  I love that style usually and still have a couple of bottles of Yellow Belly 'Cease and Desist' waiting to be consumed...but didn't join the rush for this year's release...  If there's some left in Hop Burns and Black I guess I may have to give them another try....
  • Options
    thanks guys - look forward to trying them.
  • Options
    @PopIcon I bought the 'cake' series last year but couldn't get on with it....just that bit too much for me...too sweet I reckon...  I love that style usually and still have a couple of bottles of Yellow Belly 'Cease and Desist' waiting to be consumed...but didn't join the rush for this year's release...  If there's some left in Hop Burns and Black I guess I may have to give them another try....
    The first time I had the Caribbean Chocolate Cake, it was incredible, I bought every bottle that they had in Blackheath Oddbins.
    I don't recall having it last year, I probably just got in the new varieties that were on offer. I have done the same this year, got a few beers from Beer Merchants.

They have a Black Friday case deal for Omnipollo, I bought their other Lassi Gose beers (which have a 50% chance of giving me the shits) but taste pretty insane. That is my Christmas beers blow out, I'll probably just get the rest from the supermarket. Both Morrisons and Tesco have big hoppy beers that wont destroy the wallet.
  • Options
    @PopIcon after my recent Other Half and Trillium blow-outs via Cloudwater, I'm cutting back... But am about to take delivery of the HBB advent calendar...so that'll keep me going...  That said...who's got the deal for Omnipollo, Oddbins??
  • Options
    @PopIcon after my recent Other Half and Trillium blow-outs via Cloudwater, I'm cutting back... But am about to take delivery of the HBB advent calendar...so that'll keep me going...  That said...who's got the deal for Omnipollo, Oddbins??
    I looked at getting the HBB Advent, but I'm trying not to drink until the 23rd, so sort of defeated the object. 

Beer Merchants, they have an Omnilpollo set that has 20% off, if you use the 'BLACKFRIDAY' discount code it will knock another 10% off. I bought the three other Lassi Gose' they had plus the two Siren beers.

The Trillium beers were a birthday pressie to myself, they were good, but I would say only two out of the six were world class.
    The Omnipollo are a Chrismas pressie to myself. 

IMO those Lassi Gose beers are on the very edge of what constitutes beer, they are ridiculously heavy fruited. I'm fairy I'll if you drank them all night you'd be I'll. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Anyone have any recommendations for (reasonably priced*) Christmas beers? I have a selection from Beers Of Europe waiting for the festivities.

https://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/mixed-cases/the-12-beers-of-christmas-uk

I'd also recommend Shepherd Neame's Christmas Ale which I really enjoyed last year but can't seem to source locally. 

https://www.shepherdneame.co.uk/beer/christmas-ale

(*my local bottle shop has one priced at £35 for a 750ml bottle. Of beer, ffs). 

• Options

I'm not sure I could taste much coconut, but then I'm not sure I really wanted to. Lovely beer though.
  • Options
    Anyone have any recommendations for (reasonably priced*) Christmas beers? I have a selection from Beers Of Europe waiting for the festivities.

https://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/mixed-cases/the-12-beers-of-christmas-uk

I'd also recommend Shepherd Neame's Christmas Ale which I really enjoyed last year but can't seem to source locally. 

https://www.shepherdneame.co.uk/beer/christmas-ale

(*my local bottle shop has one priced at £35 for a 750ml bottle. Of beer, ffs). 

My favourite Christmas Beer, in fact my favourite beer regardless is Eggenburg Samiclaus.  I only have the one, neither my wallet not my liver could afford anymore. I like to have mine on 6th December to kick off the Christmas period.