Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ABBA Set to Reform

That's the word. Some time next year to celebrate the 40th anniversary of their song Waterloo which set them on the road to stardom.

How much would you pay to see them?

Personally I'm saving my money for Slade.

Comments

• Options
    They are one of those groups whose songs have been to absolute death. To the point where they’ve become a parody of themselves. As much as I respect them as musicians, I couldn’t sit through a concert of it.
  • Options
    I can not see it happening. They have always said it would necer happen because there are not only professional differances now but also personal problems including divorce.
    Also i would pay a penny as i am not intrested it wacthing them sing, so thats one less person to beat in the ticket race should they reform.
  • Options
    Was sad they split up (I was 12) so I may get to see them now. Fantastic pop songwriting.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

They are one of those groups whose songs have been to absolute death. To the point where they’ve become a parody of themselves. As much as I respect them as musicians, I couldn’t sit through a concert of it.

Agreed. While I can see they wrote a good pop song, they are so overplayed I'm sick and tired of them.
  • Options
    Torture!
  • Options
    If they change their mind,
    I'll be the first in line............. ;)

cant see it happe

• Options
    Is the blonde one still fit?
  • Options
    Without abba we never would have had alan partridge's A Ha!! So fair play to them cant stand their music but respect is due.
  • Options
    A would ya?

• Options
    T.C.E said:

If they change their mind,
    I'll be the first in line............. ;)

cant see it happe

Brilliant, literally laughed out loud at that one!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Suspect they could name their price for even a one-off reunion gig, let alone a tour or album.
  • Options
    Yes, there would be a lot of money in it for them. I suppose if they all wouldn't mind a bit more in the retirement pot - it is more than possible.
  • Options
    I wouldn't pay but my wife would probably pay a fortune to see them.
  • Options
    Can't think of a single group today who's songs will still be played in 40 years time. I just missed seeing them at Wembley in 79 and would travel anywhere to see them. Have often wondered why it is that Benny & Bjorn have never managed to write songs of the caliber of Dancing Queen or The Winner Takes it All, since the group disbanded. They were prolific songwriters of continuous hits for over a decade, but haven't produced the same quality since. The voices will have deteriorated but I'd love to hear an album of fresh material.

• Options
    It would be by far the biggest grossing tour of that year.
  • Options
    I was never a fan & never will be, but to me they're one of those groups that you can't help "enjoying" on the radio.

You have to give credit where it's due & for what they were/are, they're the best.

A bit like Take That. I hate boy bands, but I can appreciate that they were/are the best boy band.

Any tour would sell out in an instant, probably even if massively overpriced.
  • Options
    ABBA set to reform !

Thought this was going to be about their years of criminality.
  • Options

A would ya?

Always preferred the other one... Frida
  • Options
    I thought it was about the Swedes love of processed meats
  • Options

Have often wondered why it is that Benny & Bjorn have never managed to write songs of the caliber of Dancing Queen etc

Because everyone only has a finite amount of artistic creativity in them.

David Bowie
    Elton John
    Pete Townsend
    Paul McCartney
    Jagger/Richards

Just a few great songwriters who are still around but arguably haven't written anything decent in 30 years or more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anni - Frid Lyngstad
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Can't think of a single group today who's songs will still be played in 40 years time. I just missed seeing them at Wembley in 79 and would travel anywhere to see them. Have often wondered why it is that Benny & Bjorn have never managed to write songs of the caliber of Dancing Queen or The Winner Takes it All, since the group disbanded. They were prolific songwriters of continuous hits for over a decade, but haven't produced the same quality since. The voices will have deteriorated but I'd love to hear an album of fresh material.

They have indeed kept writing...Chess, Christina and many songs for Helen Sjoholm. Please take a few minutes to listen to this song from Chess.

ps. There have been reunions, but private and very low key.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM4imG5mjTs
  • Options
    TANGOFLASH, I will never forgive you !
  • Options

There you go Granpa
  • Options
    finally facing their Waterloo .. the trouble is that there are so many good ABBA tribute acts around that the real thing might suffer by comparison
  • Options
    Not going to happen.
  • Options

Not going to happen.

Correct...end of speculation.

• Options
    MOG I did say end of speculation...now go and stand in the corner :-)

• Options

Not going to happen.

Good!