Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    He has scored two goals for us.

Two absolute screamers!
  • Options
    Obviously has quality but maybe not consistent enough. If he was he'd still be a Man U!
  • Options
    He is still very young
  • Options
    He shoots from everywhere, he will, therefore, score some cracking goals. However if he'd crossed the ball on the three or four occasions that he blasted it high and wide before he scored we might have been in front by the time his fifth glory shot went it.

Don't get me wrong, I love a screamer of a shot - especially if it goes in, but sometimes it is better for the team to pass the ball rather than going for a shot every time. He is young, and he will, hopefully, learn these things, but even taking into account his goal I thought he failed to impress on Saturday.
  • Options
    Has one trick....

Cut inside on to the only foot he can kick with and blast it (usually into the stands).

Wont be long before experienced defenders work that one out.
  • Options
    Cracking goal , i would have subbed him after his two earlier crosses went flying over the bar ,good job Chris Powell kept faith, if he could sort his composure out , he could be one heck of a player , Danny N'Guessan mark 2?
  • Options
    He did also initiate the goal at Birmingham. His shot went into Jacko, whose went into Dale.
  • Options
    perhaps try playing him on the right all game to see how it goes.
  • Options
    2 mins before that I said to my dad take Stewart off at half time for kermorgant, been over hitting everything, then he goes and does that!

Poor performance overall though
  • Options
    Cuts in far too often which is predictable. Play him on the right and Hariott on the left.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Has one trick....

Cut inside on to the only foot he can kick with and blast it (usually into the stands).

Wont be long before experienced defenders work that one out.

The new Jerome Thomas?

He's only playing to instructions though ....... ask any right winger, they much prefer to play on the right.
    Played on the left, they are told to cut inside and shoot with their favoured foot.

• Options
    He didn't try a shot at all against Wigan; and the rest of the team only had a couple. I couldn't understand that, with their having an inexperienced goalie who must have been nervous. When we havn't got anyone who can put in a decent cross, and no forward who can head the ball, I am happy to see them trying long range shots. Even if they don't go in directly, there is always the chance of a lucky deflection, or it falling to one of our players (as at Brum, as mentioned above).
    I do wish they'd practise their shooting though, and get more of them on target.

And I agree it's better to play Stewart on the right and Harriott on the left. I like to see wingers moving about and switching sides occasionally, but most of the time should be spent on the side that suits them. I can't understand why they were played out of position for so long on Saturday.
  • Options
    Even when they play on their favoured sides they both struggle to beat their man and get to the by-line, which you want to see from a winger. I hope we don't play any wingers against QPR.
  • Options
    Scores one of the best goals we've seen at The Valley in some time and the majority respond with negative comments about the rest of his game. If he was brilliant at beating his man and putting in dangerous crosses every time then he wouldn't be on loan from Hull City!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Scores one of the best goals we've seen at The Valley in some time and the majority respond with negative comments about the rest of his game. If he was brilliant at beating his man and putting in dangerous crosses every time then he wouldn't be on loan from Hull City!

The point is that if a player blasts it at goal every time he has it less than 25 yards out he will score the odd 'cracking' goal. Sadly, however, as the title of this thread suggests, it counts for nothing if a player scores a fantastic goal (and I don't think this one was anywhere near as good as you suggest) if we lose the game!
  • Options
    I saw him smoking in the toilets too
  • Options
    His 'one trick' has contributed three goals this season. He's by no means the complete player but I think he has ability on the ball, pace and brings some dynamism to the team. Lets be honest, these are three things which our squad lacks as a collective.
  • Options

cafctom said:

The point is that if a player blasts it at goal every time he has it less than 25 yards out he will score the odd 'cracking' goal. Sadly, however, as the title of this thread suggests, it counts for nothing if a player scores a fantastic goal (and I don't think this one was anywhere near as good as you suggest) if we lose the game!
    Well he's only played a handful of games, so if he is going to get lucky time to time with such shots, then keep it up I say!
  • Options
    Bring back Lenny Glover.
  • Options
    I thought he offered more than just a brilliant goal on Saturday, and while not the finished article he went past quite a few and linked up well with Wiggins when on the left.
    It's also worth noting that at present, the younger members of the team having a shot from beyond the box is more likely to net us a goal than anything else. So, while I'd rather we had a fantastic strike force all positioned greatly for the accurate crosses the wingers and full backs fire in, I'll settle for the youngsters having a shot on the offchance.