Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

yahoo problems

Is any one having trouble with yahoo freezing and locking up during writing emails? I did see that they did have problems with their software since they changed the layout.I am using an Apple Mac,but I don't think it is a Computer problem,unless I need to change some settings .A friend has similar problems,can any one have a solution.

Comments

• Options
    The one setting you need to change is the one on your computer that sets the date to 1998. That's about the last time anyone used Yahoo for, well, anything.

Hth

:o)
  • Options
    Reallly, it’s a Yahoo problem. They fudged their mail client a long time ago and continue to keep fudging it even more. It’s unusable.
  • Options
    whats the best email to use then?
  • Options
    Gmail is pretty much the standard - though the 'new' Hotmail (Outlook.com) is pretty good too. Both are easy to set up to go to a 'proper' email client, but their webmail interfaces are both good as well.
  • Options
    Still use Yahoo (have done for 7-8 years) and it's usually OK, I'm a bit of a techno-phobe and if I have any problems the wife tends to sort things out....but it's usually OK.
  • Options

The one setting you need to change is the one on your computer that sets the date to 1998. That's about the last time anyone used Yahoo for, well, anything.

Hth

:o)

PMSL!

Similar for anyone still using an AOL.com address!
  • Options
    If you work out the fix, can you email me at 45514566771667@compuserve.net

• Options
    Derek1952 said:

Is any one having trouble with yahoo freezing and locking up during writing emails? I did see that they did have problems with their software since they changed the layout.I am using an Apple Mac,but I don't think it is a Computer problem,unless I need to change some settings .A friend has similar problems,can any one have a solution.

Yes, I've had all sorts of problems, mostly fairly minor but still irritating, since Yahoo redesigned the lay-out of their e-mail pages. I'm a technological idiot so am unable to offer advice, but would accept it gratefully. For instance, since the toolbar on the Compose page has been moved from top to bottom, the bold and italics facilities don't work. Does anyone know of a simple way to get them working again?

• Options
    I'm on BTYahoo and have not had any problems.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I use Yahoo (along with all the other main ones) and am really annoyed by their new client. I've switched mine to the simple format. I've used this one for ages so don't want to change, but am thinking about it.
  • Options
    Yeah - just after Microsoft announced they're doing away with bell curve performance ratings as well. Christ almighty, if you're behind M$ in Human Resources practice, that's pretty shabby!
  • Options
    I have recently started to worry that I'm too old for an @hotmail.com e-mail address and may move to gmail as part of the aging process.