Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Quo

edited November 2013 in Not Sports Related
At last we can all come out of the cupboard. Status Quo are cool again. Brilliant documentary on BBC4 last night. Paul Weller loves them so now we can all admit we do too.
I always did by the way and never denied it. Took a lot of stick over it, feel justified now.

Comments

• Options
    Loved the early Quo stuff but the later stuff , not for me. Doc was good but it seemed to move far too quickly from them playing at Butlins to being on top of the pops.
  • Options
    Went to their farewell gig at Selhurst Park in about 1985 - never forgiven them for still touring.
  • Options
    Good documentry that.
  • Options
    Excellent doc, some parts made me really laugh
  • Options
    I have always admitted loving Quo - it's Weller worshipping I have a problem with...
  • Options

I have always admitted loving Quo - it's Weller worshipping I have a problem with...

I find that offensive pal!
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

LOL - best you run me over with your hairdryer then mate... ;-)
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

LI 150 Silver Special (with a 190 lump in it). Hairdryer I don't think so some how pal!

; )
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

LI 150 Silver Special (with a 190 lump in it). Hairdryer I don't think so some how pal!

; )
    And all them mirrors to do your hair and makeup in... :-D

• Options

My tongue was placed firmly in your cheek.....

Like a lot of his music but all the Modfather crap gets on my nerves too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

People only worship Weller because Stevie is no longer with us.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Back to Quo eh? Sound of my childhood. Closest brother was/is a massive fan of Rossi,Parfitt and Co. Me being more of the Mod persuasion, this caused plenty of things to argue/discuss in our household. I did have a sneaking like of their early stuff, which I can now after all these years admit to. In fact my brother, who gigs the local pubs of SE London and Kent as a duo, does a regular Quo tribute but I have yet to catch one. He does look quite like Rossi but his mate I have been told looks quite ridiculous in a blonde Parfitt wig, someone likened him to Judith Chalmers!

Now, Big R and Algarve, back to your online courtship...
  • Options
    Who the feck do arsenal Quo fans think they are putting the word The in front of their two bob muggy clubband?
  • Options
    Quo at Lewisham Odeon 1977 - Brilliant.
  • Options
    No, they were all that was had about 70's music and fashion, despised them.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Quo at Lewisham Odeon 1977 - Brilliant.

I was there too! Whole audience up and dancing from the first number to the last - never seen anything like it.
  • Options

No, they were all that was had about 70's music and fashion, despised them.

They were quite good on Corrie though.

• Options
    The thing about Quo for us young aspiring guitarists in the 1970s was that their songs and solos sounded fairly easy to play, compared to the Led Zeppelins etc. In fact they were not quite as easy as they sounded but with a bit of a cheap guitar and gear you could at least sound a bit like them if you were just starting out.
    They wrote some catchy tunes they looked like they were having a laugh and i don't think they ever tried to pretend to be anything other than a good time act.
  • Options
    I am a composer and can tell you that to write that many songs using basically three chords is nothing short of genius.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

; )
    Is it a series 1, series 2 , slimstyle or even a rallly special Big Rob ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just read 4 extra dates have been added to their reunion tour next year.
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

; )
    Is it a series 1, series 2 , slimstyle or even a rallly special Big Rob ?
    Series 2 I think mate, slim style. Me brother owns it now
  • Options
    Did The Welcome Inn get a mention?
    Was it not their first gig or something?