Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

things that really P**S you off

last night I came home from a long day on the scooter, raining, it was a bit windy ,tired but happy in the days achievements and surviving another day on my scooter in the middle of London and rush hr,

I took my rucksack off and put it by my back gate, open the gate, lock the scooter up, go in doors to a lovely hug from my little girl she puts my crash helmet on and runs around , same as every night,

I sit down, cup of rosey, feet up and half hr watching tv, get the dog and go to ring craft ahead of sats show,

not for one min did I think of the rucksack that for the first time ever I had taken off when I opened the gate, and for the life of me I cant think why I did,

but I left it in the alley side of my back garden not my side, I ran out there cold sweat at 7am this morning, hoping the fact that the alley has a huge gate that only the house holders in the road have a key for

rucksack GONE

inside, water proofs, motor bike standard sun glasses for riding, a pencil case but worst of all

1 months worth of Runs with points hand written and my a to z with every run and point location on it

to reproduce this all will take me ages

what a complete cock I am and thanks to the good willed friendly neighbour who lifted it

bollox

Comments

• Options
    Excuse my ignorance but is that for the Knowledge test?
  • Options
    Stick a note through everyone's door. Hopefully, they will feel guilty & return it.
  • Options
    What about posting some signs around the alleyway asking kindly for your a-z notes to be returned anonymously. It's probably unlikely and a bit of a long shot but you never know and have nothing to lose.
  • Options

Excuse my ignorance but is that for the Knowledge test?

not for an immediate test but they are my revision notes and take me on that whole run if I close my eyes from point to point and then the journey

Stick a note through everyone's door. Hopefully, they will feel guilty & return it.

got my little man and his sister to post them in the 30 houses on our stretch of road

Hello neighbours
    on Weds 6-11-13 I mistakenly left a grey and Black rucksack in the alley outside of my back gate , I stupidly did not realise until the Morning of the 7th November, Inside this bag was nothing of great monetary value, however there was some much needed paper work inside and an A to Z of London ,
    I do not care for the bag nor any of the other contents of this bag , however the paper work being returned would be of great help along with the A to Z
    This note has been posted to all on the road who have a key to the gate on the back alley, and is not an accusation of anybody so please do not take it as such, it’s more of an attempt to get back something that has no use to anyone other than myself and save myself many hours of work
    Many thanks
    Darren
    893 Great Cambridge Road
    (please post papers and map through door if you still have them )

put the same sign in a plastic sleeve on the gate

so fukd off , just started re writing them all only got 2 done in 5 hrs
  • Options

Wouldn't happen in mudway mate
  • Options
    didn't think it would happen here mate, tbh, I speak to virtually all on my road, and ahave made the peace with my neighbours next door who I fell out with over a building issue, they came rd tonight with a bottle of plonk and said it mustve been important to post that letter very sorry someone has nicked it,

they are nearly 70 now and since my little girl was born we have been back to good neighbours

me chasing a burglar out of their garden before anything was nicked ,

my stupid fault and that is what is pishing me off a bottle of vino and 4 ciders and it still stings
  • Options
    And now we all know where you live..............

;-)
  • Options

Or alternatively take a member of each household hostage at knifepoint until it turns up
  • Options

And now we all know where you live..............

;-)

Norff London Tango, says it in his name.
    ;-)

Good luck with this NLA, there are some nice people out there.
  • Options
    Petrol price rises pi55 me off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully it turns up. It is possible someone took it in to hand in to the police or something.
  • Options
    i left that there tango for those i have been offending on here so they don't have to hide behind a screen 8)

i have made it up in my mind that it aint ever coming back and i have about 60hrs of added work on to a heavy schedule already,

those doing the knowledge that read this, make copies of your notes as you never know when you do something stupid, especially in this weather, rushing around
  • Options
    on the plus side by doing them all again it should sink in more and help in the long run. Positive spin and pun intended
  • Options
    what really p***es me off is that I am currently acting as a fence for a gang of rucksack thieves working the nth london area and the current r/sack I have in my possession has nothing that fits me. crappy waterproofs, cheap shades and a pencil case I can't even pass on to my son as it is so tatty. also contains a load of jumbled notes which it looks as though a 3 year old has written.

oh well.
  • Options
    pmsfl, the glasses were a long un
  • Options
    Insurance scam. Those who've been on here for a while will remember the time NLA "lost" a van with £2k in the back.

:- )

Hope it turns up soon, worth a call to the OB to see if it's been handed in or try the local 2nd hand shops
  • Options
    Two things that p**s me off: 1. People who wear the baseball caps around the wrong way - 1970s fashion via John MacInroe. 2 People who say " At this moment in time" to appear to be more intelligent than they really are; when a single word "now" will more than suffice.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Two things that p**s me off: 1. People who wear the baseball caps around the wrong way - 1970s fashion via John MacInroe. 2 People who say " At this moment in time" to appear to be more intelligent than they really are; when a single word "now" will more than suffice.

Fascinating, but how is that going to help NLA get his rucksack back??

• Options
    that 2k still haunts me 8)
  • Options

PeterGage said:

Quick change of subject there, a deflection from the matter in hand. I smell a rat ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

PeterGage said:

Quick change of subject there, a deflection from the matter in hand. I smell a rat ;-)
    Or a fox, badger or magpie?
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

2 People who say " At this moment in time" to appear to be more intelligent than they really are; when a single word "now" will more than suffice.

I would say that 'at this moment in time' is closer in meaning to 'currently' - unlike 'now', both introduce an element of uncertainty regarding whether whatever it is you are referring to will be permanent or not.

eg. "Are you working for XYZ Company?" "Currently yes" or "At this moment in time, yes" would both implicitly tell the person asking that you might have an eye on other opportunities.

However I would agree that 'at this moment in time' is unnecessarily verbose when one word will do. Anyhow now I need to get back to work.
  • Options

i left that there tango for those i have been offending on here so they don't have to hide behind a screen 8)

i have made it up in my mind that it aint ever coming back and i have about 60hrs of added work on to a heavy schedule already,

those doing the knowledge that read this, make copies of your notes as you never know when you do something stupid, especially in this weather, rushing around

Take it your not doing wizann way mate.

• Options

Anyhow now I need to get back to work.

And who do you work for at this moment in time?
  • Options

Anyhow now I need to get back to work.

And who do you work for at this moment in time?
    At this moment in time would prefer not to say.
  • Options
    Not good nla. Hopefully it shows up. Like others have said might be worth trying the local police.

Reminds me to make back ups of my memory map info. I wont have anywhere near the amount of notes you have but I would be going mental if I lose my electronic notes.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    That sucks, good luck finding it (this truly and honestly isn't a dig - I genuinely smiled when I saw that you used punctuation in the note!)

• Options
    wife typed it jimmy not me or it wouldn't have any and be full of you F*****g C***s put it back or I will hunt you down and F*****g chop your light fingered hands off and no punctuation 8)

No Carly I am doing it KP it seems a lot right now but I think looking at the wizzan way I wouldn't get on with it as well, not taking anything from that way, but it just aint for me
  • Options
    Useful knowledge, I live near a tealeaf.