Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Support The Poppy Girls

Anyone who has just watched the 5 lovely Poppy Girls on The One Show must agree that they are something special.

Their single "The Call( no need to say goodbye)" will be released on that memorable day, 11th November and will raise money for our Armed Forces' families.

You can help raise that much needed cash by buying the record, downloading or whatever else you young 'uns do but everyone can "do their bit" by emailing Radio 2 and asking that the single be played over the airwaves. The record needs as much coverage as possible- the aim is for it to be this Xmas' No 1......

How am I so knowledgeable about this ?

Well, in addition to the fact that Fanackapan Towers is a mere 8 doors from the Gemili house where record breaking 100/200m athlete Adam resides BUT it is next door to the talented Davey family whose daughter, Bethany is the 15 year old Poppy Girl ! ( So that makes 3 celebs on our side of the road - sorry MrOneLung !)

Beth has been singing ever since she was a tot & could be heard going through her repertoire of nursery rhymes /songs out in her garden. We now listen to her practising far more complicated songs - some which she writes herself and which she will sing solo on the album the girls have recorded. I have a feeling we shall be hearing a lot more of this young lady.

The Poppy Girls will be performing for the Queen at the Albert Hall on Saturday evening ( BBC1 9.15) and at the Centotaph on Sunday morning (BBC 10.20am)

In addition they will appear on "Strictly Come Dancing- The Results" on Sunday evening (BBC 1 7.20pm) - a pre recorded performance from Covent Garden with the Strictly dancers .

So, come on Lifers, you know what you've got to do !

Make some noise !!!!( well, send some emails !)

Comments

• Options

And buy the song!!
  • Options

And buy the song!!
    Indeed, FA .

• Options
    Fanny you are my hero
  • Options

Fanny you are my hero

Aw thanks, nla

But you must have forgotten my sex change op last year.....

• Options
    They were on The One Show last night and were lovely - hope they do well
  • Options
    Thanks, ME14.
  • Options
    Wonderful just now at the Remembrance Service. Brought a tear to my eye, especially when one young girl's father unexpectedly returned to see his daughter.
  • Options

Wonderful just now at the Remembrance Service. Brought a tear to my eye, especially when one young girl's father unexpectedly returned to see his daughter.

Glad you caught them tonight, ME14.

Our young neighbour was almost overcome when they'd finished , bless her.

• Options
    Absolutely fabulous idea and so proud of Bethany as a pupil of my school, DGGS. Watched The Remembrance Service last night and they were wonderful and moving - great idea to involve the younger generation who are affected everyday by their parent's job.
    Come on Lifers: buy the single! ,