Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U21s Friendly Addicks 2 (Gomez, Hippolyte) Southampton 1

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 4h
Charlton U21: Pope; Osborne, Thomas, Gomez, Fox; Muldoon, Poyet, Jordan, Munns; Hippolyte, Pigott (OG) #cafc

Subs: Phillips, Barnes, Holmes-Dennis, Shitta, Sho-Silva, Daniel (OG) #cafc

So as not to offend John Lawson can we please not have any purile, childish "jokes" about the substitute's name : - )

Comments

• Options
    Blimey yeh, I was still chortling over Hippolyte...
  • Options

Blimey yeh, I was still chortling over Hippolyte...

yeah, fancy going through life with a name like "Barnes".

• Options
    apparently Daniel is a star
  • Options

apparently Daniel is a star

I heard he's leaving for Spain, travelling tonight on a plane.
  • Options
    I miss Daniel.
  • Options

I miss Daniel.

How much?
  • Options
    I miss him sooooooooooooooooooooo much.
  • Options
    Looking forward to hearing about the magic girdle, but hopefully no laying down of the sword!
  • Options
    The story goes that Reg or Bernie cut out a verse which explained that it was about a Vietnam vet coming home.
  • Options

Looking forward to hearing about the magic girdle, but hopefully no laying down of the sword!

Most people on here think Amazon is a on-line book store so good luck explaining that one ; _ )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyway, who is Hippolyte??
  • Options
    that is a made up team surely.

a pig, a hippo, a fox and a barn(es) owl.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

that is a made up team surely.

a pig, a hippo, a fox and a barn(es) owl.

And the Pope
  • Options
    How did we play, anyone know?

How long till Poyet, Gomez and Muldoon can sign pro contracts so we know they are staying?

Are any of the others in that team likely to make it (not inc Pope and Pig who are already signed up of course).

People were raving about Fox but no contract yet?

Has Osbourne ever fully recovered from the nasty injuries he had?

Is Jordan still skipper?

Is Daniel the bloke from Palace?
  • Options
    All these questions and many more will be answered in next weeks episode of..............
  • Options

All these questions and many more will be answered in next weeks episode of..............

Pointless

• Options
    Is A Shitta related to D Shitta at Smallwall?
  • Options
    We simply can't have a player for Hippolyte.

Due to a kids programme on BabyTv, i have found it neigh on impossible to get the saying 'Hippa Hippa Hey' out of my head whenever something good occurs.

Hippolyte sticking around will only compound this so the sooner his career flounders and he is packed off to Ebsfleet the better as far as i'm concerned.
  • Options
    Feed the hippo and he will score!
  • Options
    Hippolyte=the low calorie yoghurt for people who have started their diet way too late.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I presume its Myles Hippolyte released from Brentford.
  • Options

I presume its Myles Hippolyte released from Brentford.

Yes it is Myles Hippolyte who was released by Brentford. I already posted this on the Brighton U21 thread. Shitta is an Ebbsfleet player.

• Options
    edited November 2013

How did we play, anyone know?

How long till Poyet, Gomez and Muldoon can sign pro contracts so we know they are staying?

Are any of the others in that team likely to make it (not inc Pope and Pig who are already signed up of course).

People were raving about Fox but no contract yet?

Has Osbourne ever fully recovered from the nasty injuries he had?

Is Jordan still skipper?

Is Daniel the bloke from Palace?

Wasn't at the game but on the contracts:

Poyet and Muldoon are already on pro deals.

Players can sign pro once they're 17, Gomez is 17 next May.

Fox is in his second season as a pro.

Osborne now plays right back, from the couple of times I've seen him I'm not sure if he'll make it with us. Didn't see him before his injury so don't know how it's effected him.

Daniel is the player from Palace.

From what I've seen Poyet, Gomez and Holmes-Dennis are the ones most likely to break into our first team. Others have suggested Muldoon and Lennon as well.

Not see Barnes (a right back) but he seems to be a promising. First year u18 like Gomez, was with Arsenal before joining us (this year or last year I think). We've got a big u18 squad so he's doing well to be a regular for them and make the bench for the u21s - though Lennon and Feely were both missing. As centre backs I guess they're involved with the first team at the moment.