Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

bit of consumer advice required

went out today to try and buy a 60cm stand alone gas cooker with double oven, but where the hell are a;ll the shops that used to have these in store to look at

I ended up in pc world/currys

but can anyone tell me other stores that you can go in and look measure and talk to someone before you hand over 5 to 800 quid ffs

Comments

• Options
    Might be a bit far mate but try Wellingtons in Erith ...terrifically helpful on everything ...you can ring them first.
  • Options
    might not want to deliver here but I will call them thanks
  • Options
    Euronics?
  • Options
    just googled them have 2 near me good shout

any more
    |??????????????
  • Options
    John Lewis have some things in store if you have one near you but they are pricey. If you have any other department stores near you they might have the same.
  • Options
    Best bet if find the cooker you like in store then buy it from appliance online.com think they are call AO.com cheaper by a mile
  • Options
    I'm with gumbo. Excellent prices and service.

www.ao.com
  • Options
    Agree with Gumbo, find one you like on the high street then buy it for less online. Think Machine Mart does cookers.
  • Options
    Gumbo said:

Best bet if find the cooker you like in store then buy it from appliance online.com think they are call AO.com cheaper by a mile

that's the intention mate but findng a shop with cookers rd here was hard

comet, dixons gone bust

the local independent appliance store gone bust

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Have you tried magnets/howdens even b&q think argos and tesco direct also do them mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

Have you tried magnets/howdens even b&q think argos and tesco direct also do them mate

cheers mate sounds like a day hunting poxy cookers

• Options
    AO they're cheap but if the goods aren't working, forget it! They and the manufacturer wear you down with the passing of the buck between the two... :(
  • Options

went out today to try and buy a 60cm stand alone gas cooker with double oven, but where the hell are a;ll the shops that used to have these in store to look at

I ended up in pc world/currys

but can anyone tell me other stores that you can go in and look measure and talk to someone before you hand over 5 to 800 quid ffs

Albany Radio at 545 Hertford Rd, Enfield - they are really helpful.
  • Options
    I bought from Wellingtons (Erith) and they matched the online price, just take a print out of the online one you want.

Your a bit further away so may not be so easy but they are an excellent company.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Standard responses thus fàr are we have a much better selection online

Well order it and if you don't like it send it back

Went to albany radio one in there 600 quid little barter and banter got oven install and delivery take the old one away 672

Local retail wins couldn't care if could get it cheaper great service locally owned by a family since 1932 all my kitchen appliances will be bought there from now on

Thanks for responses

Paul how close to there are you