Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burnley

What is happening with Burnley this season? Flying high at the top of the league and about to inflict QPR's only league defeat of the season.

It seems to me they are doing it with pretty much the same squad as last year minus the guy they sold who was banging in all the goals for them.

What's their financial situation like? Can we take hope from the way Burnley are going about their business in the Championship this season?

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Today's result puts our defeat there into some perspective .. they were not a bad side last year, just a bit inconsistent and directionless. Dyche has put some steel into their performances, and simplified their play, Trippier is a terrific attacking full back as is Mee, Shackell the skipper & Duff are very experienced defenders, the midfield is sharp and can pass, Kightly is a nippy winger, Ings and Vokes have struck up one of those magic partnerships .. Burnley has had few injuries and minimal team changes .. I was very impressed with their defeat of us, a game in which we didn't play that badly .. good luck to them especially as they are a small club that has always punched above its weight and playing in town which a government adviser recently advocated should be allowed to 'die' and the population move elsewhere to find work and a decent education, a town not worth investing in .. I hope they get promotion and that oil is struck in Burnley High Street

EDIT .. one last point, talking to a clarets fan before the game he stated that last year too much was played up to Austin, this year the team attacks on broader fronts
  • Nice post Lincs. Without ever hitting top gear they were steady and impressive against us with a regular line-up well drilled and everyone doing their job. They were also attractive, didn't cheat (apart from a couple of silly dives from Kightly) and patient, earning their win against us after a lack-lustre start. Good luck to them, particularly against money-laden nonsense like QPR.
  • Am really shocked with Burnley's performances this year... After they sold Charlie Austin I had them down for being part of the relegation scrap - I guess with him leaving the others have been forced to step up, either that or the players had the mentality of "Get the ball to Austin" thinking he was the only one who could really score