Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ron Noades has lung cancer (ed. RIP)

As someone mentioned our groundshare on the Curbs thread, I thought it was pertinent to mention this.

Mind you, I was in two minds, so I'd be grateful, if we didn't get any sick comments, as I wouldn't wish that on him or anyone, even if we do hold a hatred for the guy.

Thanks.

Comments

• Football 'hatreds' are a league apart to real life.

Horrible disease. Good luck Ron
  • CE , well done for posting this , i saw it the other day , and thought about posting it , but didn't want it to descend into a thread of hatred , regardless of what team you support , i'm sure we all know somebody who has been affected , all the best Ron.
  • Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Good luck.
  • Or, "RonNoadsamoney" as he was known in VOTV (I think). Good luck Ron.
  • I didn't much like things that I heard, but for goodness sake I wish him a full recovery. Well done everybody for avoiding silliness.
  • Was told this a month ago by someone who plays at one of his golf courses and basically it aint at all good, horrible nasty disease my thoughts are with him and his family
  • Lost my mum in August 2012 to this. Good luck to him and his family. Horrible disease.
  • football is football

banter is banter

rivalry is rivalry

yet there has to be a line not crossed so I wish him and his the best with this horrible horrible disease
  • Saw my father-in-law pass away with this, not nice at all, best of luck to him and his family
  • In 1991, Noades provoked controversy with his comments on the racial make-up of his team: ""The black players at this club lend the side a lot of skill and flair, but you also need white players in there to balance things up and give the team some brains and some common sense."

I genuinely don't remember this from the time - does anyone?

Still, wouldn't wish that on anyone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck to you Ron. A very canny and crafty man.
  • One of my best mates been diagnosed with this, went to say goodbye to him yesterday, I was devastated last night. Wouldn't wish that on anyone. Don't know you Mr Noades, but you have my best wishes and the same goes to your family.
  • good luck to Ron Noades .. the consolation (if there is one) is that he's lived quite a long and I am sure, a full life
  • Best of luck. A horrible disease, I wouldn't wish on anyone.
  • Like others have said, football is football, life is life so good luck in his fight against that bastard disease and best wishes to his family.
  • Can only wish him well.
  • Football mania only goes so far...

I wish him all the best battling this illness.
  • football is football

banter is banter

rivalry is rivalry

yet there has to be a line not crossed so I wish him and his the best with this horrible horrible disease

Well put NLA. Can't add to that.
  • One of my best mates been diagnosed with this, went to say goodbye to him yesterday, I was devastated last night. Wouldn't wish that on anyone. Don't know you Mr Noades, but you have my best wishes and the same goes to your family.

Sorry to hear that Kerry.
  • Good luck Ron. Remember a Palace fan telling me that Ron was being abused at a Palace supporters forum for allowing us to groundshare and he responded in a typical forthright manner, more-or-less telling them that without our rent money, they would be heading for Administration and that Charlton could have bought Palace for what we paid in rent at the time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers Red-murph, hard sad day, but it was also fun going over the good old days, the fun we had, hopefully we eased the pain for a few hours. Lost my brother within 6 weeks with that bastard disease as well. Always hurt, one day hopefully we will beat it.

Made worse by hearing of 3 people dying this week all off it, think I will have a beer :-)
  • Wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hope he recovers.
  • Cheers Red-murph, hard sad day, but it was also fun going over the good old days, the fun we had, hopefully we eased the pain for a few hours. Lost my brother within 6 weeks with that bastard disease as well. Always hurt, one day hopefully we will beat it.

Made worse by hearing of 3 people dying this week all off it, think I will have a beer :-)

I won't go on but mentioned on another thread that my mother in law also has it. Complete bastard of a disease.

Chin up and enjoy that beer and raise it high.
  • Sad to hear! Very best wishes to Ron and his family
  • red_murph said:

Cheers Red-murph, hard sad day, but it was also fun going over the good old days, the fun we had, hopefully we eased the pain for a few hours. Lost my brother within 6 weeks with that bastard disease as well. Always hurt, one day hopefully we will beat it.

I won't go on but mentioned on another thread that my mother in law also has it. Complete bastard of a disease.

Chin up and enjoy that beer and raise it high.
    Cheers :-) Red-murph

Hope your MIL makes a full recovery.
  • Sorry to hear that, hate that word more than anything so I would not wish it on Ron Noades.
  • Ron Noades is a decent fella and not many of his type about these days!

Hope you make a full recovery Ron
  • Lung cancer is not a forgiving disease. I wish him all the luck in the world.
  • Good luck Ron.
    My dad died from lung cancer 23 years ago today. Horrible disease and not the way you choose to go.

I'm not afraid of death, but I am of dying.
  • Yep, the best of luck in his battle. For anyone who smokes - lung cancer is food for thought. It can occur without it but smoking tobacco products greatly increases the chances.