Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Share your favourite Charlton memory

First of all, thanks to AFKA for allowing me to post this here.

I have a good friend/ former colleague who is one of the founders/directors of an organisation called “Sporting Memories” - they do fantastic work to promote wellbeing and especially help people in the early stages of dementia by collating and sharing memories across all different sports. They have just got funding from the PFA for a specific pilot project with the Charlton Community Trust.

What's this got to do with you? Rather embarrassingly for us, they are a bit short of Charlton memories in their online resource at the moment! In fact, mine is the only one up there currently...

So would you have a few minutes to add your favourite memory? It doesn’t matter whether it is recent or old, does not need to be very long, could be a picture or just a few words. (You could even cut and paste one of your posts from a previous reminiscing thread on CL.) Please add it via this link - it is very simple to do so:

http://football.sportingmemories.org/memories/1-club/102-charlton-athletic/

And if you know any Charlton/ sports fans who suffer from Alzheimers or any other kind of dementia, then please help them to make use of the resource and find out more about the work of Sporting Memories.

Many thanks in advance.

Weegie/Heather

Comments

• Just read your memory Heather. Lovely stuff!
  • Thanks, B - I chose that one especially because of Charles, who features in it (my sister's ex as of many years ago, but the father of her daugher/ my niece if you follow). Sadly he is in the latter stages of cancer, so I wanted to capture something that my niece could read and share with him, as it is a very difficult time for them.

Do please add one of your own memories - I'm sure it will be entertaining!
  • edited October 2013
    So many H, so many. Where to start?

I've got one about a group of Blackheath High girls.....................
  • Phew, glad I went to Chis & Sid ;-)

Go on, just one (Charlton-related!) will do...
  • For anyone who hasn't seen this yet - very grateful if you could spend a few mins adding a Charlton memory.

Many thanks.