Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Curbs whoring himself for Palace job

http://sport.uk.msn.com/video-clips/?VideoID=2tpnqnoz

Anyone else seen this? Feel completely let down. After everything he went through with us I really thought that Curbs at least wasn't like this. It's not even like he's trying to deflect a question under pressure, he's practically delivering a sales pitch of himself to get the job. I was Curbs biggest fan but I am really disappointed about this.

Anyone going to the BTTV dinner looking for question ideas - I'd like to ask him does he not think this is a bit disrespectful to Charlton.

Comments

• Options
    not bothered.Bloke's been out of work for twenty years.He's a manager not a supporter
  • Options
    Can't say I am too bothered either tbh. I think Palarse will help prove what I suspect, that Curbs is/was a one trick pony...
  • Options
    Can't see Palace appointing him anyway
  • Options
    Huge huge over reaction.
  • Options

Huge huge over reaction.

I'm not so sure, seems he is aware that it would piss off Charlton fans if he went there, but couldn't give a toss
  • Options
    Curbs, there is no way he would turn that down out of some sort of loyalty to Charlton.

'Football people' simply don't have in 99% of cases the same feelings and passions that we supporters do, and its realistic to expect that.

I'm fairly convinced Curbs would turn down Millwall instantly as I've always suspected he thinks its a horrible club, but Palace ?

Just another London club to him.
  • Options
    If it happens, it happens but I won't be losing any sleep over it. I don't bare any grudges against Lenny for working for the Nigels and I wouldn't against Curbs either. They both have earned their place in our history but that is what it is, history. We have all moved on in the 'merry go round' world that is football, deal with it.
  • Options
    Lennie managed palace, Jimmy south stand went to millwall. It doesn't detract from what they did at the valley, I really couldn't care, he's a manager looking for a job
  • Options
    Does anyone really give a fuck about Palace? Just such a nothing club.
  • Options

Huge huge over reaction.

Why is it? Are we not entitled to hope/expect that he'd dismiss out of hand the possibility of managing one of our biggest rivals after two decades employment at Charlton?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What you on about over reaction Henry? I'm explaining how I feel and it's very let down. Maybe you wouldn't mind if your missus was banging your best mate but personally it would grind with me a tad.

He's been out of work for ages and rejected many better jobs than this - this is the one job he shouldn't be considering out of respect for the Club and people that gave him the best 20 years of his career. Appreciate he's not a Charlton fan but he has quite a significant affiliation to us and actually went through the whole Selhurst thing with us. I don't expect much from people in football these days but I genuinely thought Curbs valued people, relationships and Charlton a bit more than this.
  • Options
    CP was Palace
    Seed went Millwall

Always be remembered for Charlton
  • Options
    It does sound like a CV, I must say - "I've got 328 games in the Premier League, I think."

But good luck to Curbs. I hope he gets it. He will do a better job than Pullis and it would be great to see him back in football.

And he would be following a very well-trodden route as most recent Charlton managers have also worked for Palace in some capacity. Mullery, Lawrence and Dowie managed them. Pardew and Powell played for them.

So please let us all wish Curbs good luck. Better than managing Millwall, as Jimmy Seed did after he left Charlton. To think there is a stand at the Valley named after a former Millwall manager,eh?

Let's get over the tribal rivalry and be happy to see Curbs resume his managerial career, if he can. It won't make him any less of a Charlton legend than moving to Millwall tarnished Jimmy Seed's reputation.

• Options
    CP was on Palace's books as a youngster, hardly the same.

Have to say I find it odd having seen the fuss when George Graham went to Spurs, when Sol Campbell did vice versa, when Rooney nearly went to Man City a couple of years ago, that nobody on here seems the at bothered about this.
  • Options
    Odd that they didn't discuss if Barnes wanted the job, certainly wouldn't mind that....

I wouldn't think any less of him for taking the job, in fact if he was offered I couldn't really understand why he would turn them down.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be impressed I have to admit.
  • Options
    They want Pulis, I thought...
  • Options

Can't say I am too bothered either tbh. I think Palarse will help prove what I suspect, that Curbs is/was a one trick pony...

yep one of those managers that can only get shitty teams to stay up in the prem , with the odd promotion and top half premiership finish as well
  • Options

If Curbs goes to Palace it is not comparable to Seed going to Millwall. Seed was let down by Charlton and as such effectively had a free pass to do as he pleased. Curbs has work and having allegedly turned down numerous jobs for a variety of reasons joining Palace (if he does) will leave a bad taste. Still won't be the first person to accept a role for 30 pieces of silver.
  • Options
    Good luck to him. Been out of full time work for an age and he is a football manager at the end of the day. No different to anyone else looking for work in any industry, irrespective of supposed loyalty. Title of this thread way ott.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curbs time has come and gone. He may have done well taking Spam to court but it instantly made him a no go to football directors.
  • Options
    The point is Curbs clearly isnt that arsed about managing or being work or would have taken one of the numerous better jobs he has been offered. Dont know the circumstances with Seed but it was a different world back then. He probably genuinely needed the cash and a local job. And he was given the boot by us.

I know Curbs isn't a Charlton fan but I'm pretty sure Powell wasn't either.. but he is now. I wouldve thought Curbs time with us would have brought him to a similar mindset at least to the extent that he wouldnt be shamelessly throwing himself at this. Its a dead end job. Theyre going down regardless. Its a job for the sake of it. Why.

Anyway Im clearly in a minority here. I hope to god he doesnt get it because it sounds like if he does when we play them next season half of Charlton Life wont know who to cheer for. No wonder we have the most pitiful derby record out of any club in the entire country.
  • Options

Yep, look how well we've done since he left, dunno what all the fuss was about. Losing at Orient and Dagenham was way more fun than beating Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea.
  • Options
    Is he becoming Millwall manager then?
  • Options

What you on about over reaction Henry? I'm explaining how I feel and it's very let down. Maybe you wouldn't mind if your missus was banging your best mate but personally it would grind with me a tad.

He's been out of work for ages and rejected many better jobs than this - this is the one job he shouldn't be considering out of respect for the Club and people that gave him the best 20 years of his career. Appreciate he's not a Charlton fan but he has quite a significant affiliation to us and actually went through the whole Selhurst thing with us. I don't expect much from people in football these days but I genuinely thought Curbs valued people, relationships and Charlton a bit more than this.

Weird anology. Curbs is your wife and Palace is your best friend? Really is that how you see it?

I wouldn't like to see Curbs at Palace but it is just a TV pundit answering a question to fill a few minutes on the box. He's not saying "I would crawl on broken glass to manage them" just he'd talk to them. Says something but means nothing ie a typical curbs statement.
  • Options

Weird anology. Curbs is your wife and Palace is your best friend? Really is that how you see it?
    Haha
  • Options

yep one of those managers that can only get shitty teams to stay up in the prem , with the odd promotion and top half premiership finish as well
    Hmmm, so that's Charlton AND?
  • Options
    Would be a shame as I think curbs is a legend and would like to wish him well if he got another job but couldn't if it was palace.
  • Options
    The guy needs a job!!! I am happy with CP so if Curbs goes to Palace (or even Millwall) I won't lose any sleep and good luck to him.
  • Options
    Was great for us but that was then and this is now. If he needs or wants a job even with Palace then why should that bother us.