Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Live - Len Glover Interview

2»

Comments

• Options
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/51196/charlton-live-peter-reeves-interview

Found this Peter Reeves thread for info / additional questions.
  • Options
    How would he feel about a Charlton / Leicester team that he could play in.Could he improve on it?

Simon Royce,Gary Rowett,Chris Powell,Radistan Kisichiev,Matt Elliott,Michael Morrison,Keith Gillespie,Jim Melrose,Yann Kermorgant,Andy Peake,Len Glover .
  • Options
    Who was the better player in his prime - Len glover of CAFC or Len glover of CL
  • Options

Very definitely the CAFC one!

The other one could run around a lot, quite quickly on occasions too, but there was little or no end product so he got stuck in goal.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

The other one could run around a lot, quite quickly on occasions too, but there was little or no end product so he got stuck in goal.
    Ah, this would explain your in depth knowledge of the game and predictions then Len :0)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

LenGlover said:

Ah, this would explain your in depth knowledge of the game and predictions then Len :0)
    Him or me?

:-)
  • Options
    Lenny, you cheeky boy, you know full well who I mean :0)
  • Options
    Len Glover was top notch today, so easy to interview, so many stories, could have sat with him all day, interview went out tonight and the show will be released as an Audioboo tomorrow.
  • Options
    you can listen to the interview here, most of your questions were answered in the course of the interview without me having to ask them, have a listen, Len can talk!

https://audioboo.fm/boos/1690345-len-glover-on-charlton-live
  • Options
    Great interview Pete, enjoyed listening to that, even though he was long before my time, nice to hear those old stories. Don't agree with him regarding Redknapp though................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers Tango, that is the beauty of football, we all have opinions, Len was brilliant wasn't he?
  • Options
    What a great interview. One of my heroes, heartbroken when he left (well I was only young). Remember the great tussles he had with John Gilchrist when we played Millwall.
  • Options
    Thoroughly enjoyed that!

Well done Pete.
  • Options
    Thanks, releasing this as a stand alone was an experiment, will dig in the archives and see what else we have that we can put out there.
  • Options
    Just listened to that all the way through. He's a character. One of my heroes and I was 13 when he went to Leicester. I was devastated at the time. What a tricky winger he was.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Remember when Lenny was sold, poor old Brian Kinsey was pushed up to play left wing home against Blackpool, I think.
    Kinsey had been a left winger in his younger days, but couldn't beat his man that day and barely got a kick.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoyed the interview.
    Lenny can't half tell a tale!

Loved that bit where he scored his first League goal as a young 17 year old.
    Sure, Lenny got his shot in - but striker Roy Matthews actually turned it over the line.

"Don't worry, Len. You can have that one", Matthews told him.
    And the goal was credited to Glover.

Loads more. Definitely worth a listen.
  • Options
    Don't know what you chaps think but I reckon Roy Matthews (8) and Len Glover (11) had quite similar facial features so if they both went for the ball that went in and was accredited to Lenny, they could get away mistaken identity.

Well done PeteF enjoyed the tape and glad you never put my questions to him :0)
  • Options
    Just listened to it. Good stuff that.
  • Options
    RedChaser, ha ha he answered most questions without me asking them, loved talking to him, looks as fit as a flea, Len is on my left and Peter Reeves on my right.
  • Options
    Next up for release is an interview with Matt Holland, and once I have been to the Valley on Thursday I will have lots more...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2013
    PeteF said:

RedChaser, ha ha he answered most questions without me asking them, loved talking to him, looks as fit as a flea, Len is on my left and Peter Reeves on my right.

Sadly wouldn't recognise either of them in the street these days. It was interesting that Len rated Marvin Hinton (subsequently Chelsea) very highly who along with Rufus would be the best two centre backs to have donned our red shirt in my lifetime. I was also privileged to watch Bonds and Bailey two more idols who moved onto to bigger and better things at transfer fees we could I'll afford to turn down. If only we'd could have had some serious backing and built a team around them all, sounds familiar doesn't it :-(
  • Options
    Horribly familiar....