Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Somewhere different to eat.

2»

Comments

• Options
    This place is my local. A cut above any other curry place I've been to outside of India to be fair.

Agree with Jints's assesment above, though I'd say that Kasturi at Aldgate is a decent mix of the nice setup and service of the the Brick Lane tourist joints and the quality commercial road places without the hustle and bustle of either.
  • Options
    You ever go in the Sylvan Post, Mortimerician? Really like that boozer.

Forest Hill/Brockley really seems to be on the up these days.
  • Options
    my wife said that she wanted to go somewhere different for a change .. 'why not try the kitchen' said I
  • Options
    Tayyabs is the best imo, but the waiters are miserable as sin....
  • Options
    Hmm, never heard of that one. Most people around here rave about the Maharani. The S3 devotees are starting to change as well.
  • Options
    Why not just go to McDonalds? :-)
  • Options
    Shimla Pink Orpington high street is top drawer
  • Options
    Sheree Punjab in gravesend I'd v good . You can tell its good by the amount of Indian families in there . Not posh at all but great food
  • Options
    Designer curry houses are too pricey for me. The Forest Hill one left hubby hungry and a tad broke. Learn to cook the food for yourselves, it's great fun and preparing the various spice mixes fills the house with wonderful aromas. We buy all the spices and ghee type things from Brixton, but doubtless you can do just as well in a great many places. Plus, the endless varieties of veggy food are cheap, nutritious and bloomin' tasty.
  • Options
    There's some cracking indian reciepe books out there i have one by these sisters [can't think of their names off top of my head] but you can order all the spices and a spice mixer crushing thingy me jig

I enjoy cooking when using that the whole house smells wicked
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Yak & Yeti in Eltham High street gets good reviews, on the corner opposite McDonalds.
  • Options
    Spice Master in Belvedere Village is really good
  • Options

There's some cracking indian reciepe books out there i have one by these sisters [can't think of their names off top of my head] but you can order all the spices and a spice mixer crushing thingy me jig

I enjoy cooking when using that the whole house smells wicked

You also enjoy eating you fat bastard

• Options
    Bromley has more curry houses per head than anywhere else in the UK!

Shampan in Chatterton village is great, as is Spice Society in Elmers End.

Also a posh one in Orpington now who's sister restaurant is in Berkely Sq, mayfair. Not been to the Orpington one but the Berkley Sq one was awesome.
  • Options
    The Curry Mile in Wilmslow Rd, Rusholme,Manchester is jaw dropping at night when it's all lit up. In the distance of half a mile there are more than seventy Indian eateries.imageimage
  • Options
    Had a curry in Wilmslow Rd, very competitive with people on the street after your custom by handing out flyers.
  • Options
    Jints, no, tend to just drink at Honor Oak or Catford. Looks a nice shop though.
  • Options
    Best Indian curry I had In Bromley was @ Tamasha on Widmore road, nice.
  • Options
    Steve you aint wrong

but you just made me spit my tea all over my computer great return

How's nath getting on
  • Options

Tayyabs is the best imo, but the waiters are miserable as sin....

Spice Master in Belvedere Village is really good

agree on both of these, Tayyabs is a superb place
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Badger said:

Agreed. The best I've had anywhere, but couldn't be bothered to post. It's a cut above & the prices are higher as well, but worth it for a special occasion.

The gents is full of cartoon pictures of Kama Sutra positions :-)
  • Options
    Badger said:

I think kenny Sansom is/was staying in the rooms there after he got off the park bench recently.