Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World cup playoff draw

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kap10 said:

DanDavis said:

Seen quite a few of the Mexico games living here in the States and they really aren't very good. (I have no idea what NZ are like though).

For a tournament perspective it would be great for Brazil 2014 if Mexico qualify.

New Zealand are worse I can tell you. That said they wont just allow themselves to be rolled over by the Mexicans (us kiwis are a proud race!). The home game in front of 40,000 noisy fans at Wellington's intimidating Westpac stadium "the cake tin" won't be particularly nice for them and if the "All Whites" can make their physical advantage count who knows what might happen?
    Do the football team do the Haka?
    Good question! I don't think so though.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Looks like the under 17 team does! It's like an underage "would'ya" for the ladies.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YOTyoQjQXRs&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DYOTyoQjQXRs
  • Options
    Would love to see Ukraine put out the cheating frog b'stards!
    Would also love to see Iceland, Romania and Sweden win.
  • Options
    Is Kerry Katona still the 'face' of Iceland?
  • Options
    Croatia
    France
    Greece
    Sweden
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

Is Kerry Katona still the 'face' of Iceland?

Stacey Solomon is now

• Options
    It has to be Iceland. I don't care about the others...
  • Options
    I hope Iceland get through and then get Chile in the groups
  • Options

Kap10 said:

DanDavis said:

Seen quite a few of the Mexico games living here in the States and they really aren't very good. (I have no idea what NZ are like though).

For a tournament perspective it would be great for Brazil 2014 if Mexico qualify.

New Zealand are worse I can tell you. That said they wont just allow themselves to be rolled over by the Mexicans (us kiwis are a proud race!). The home game in front of 40,000 noisy fans at Wellington's intimidating Westpac stadium "the cake tin" won't be particularly nice for them and if the "All Whites" can make their physical advantage count who knows what might happen?
    Do the fans turn out for football in NZ? Rugby is surely what that stadium's for?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Let's see who is the best predictor?

Mine are:

Portugal
    Ukraine
    Romania
    Croatia
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sweden
    France
    Greece
    Iceland
  • Options
    Portugal / France / Greece / Iceland
  • Options
    Sweden
    France
    Romania
    Iceland
  • Options
    Is it four to go through?
  • Options

One world class player will be missing then..

Be nice to see Iceland win.

Think it will be:

Portugal
    Croatia
    France
    Greece

Agree with this.
  • Options

Croatia
    France
    Greece
    Sweden

was my prediction
  • Options

Kap10 said:

DanDavis said:

Do the fans turn out for football in NZ? Rugby is surely what that stadium's for?
    The Cake Tin (Westpac Stadium in Wellington) was sold out 4 years ago as well, when the All Whites played Bahrain for a spot at the last World Cup.
    But although it's becoming more popular, rugby union will always be far far bigger in New Zealand.
    Wellington Phoenix were in the preliminary final 4 years ago (A-League) and the Cake Tin nearly sold out for one of the games.
    During good periods, they've had up to 14k at their games.
    At the moment, they've got somewhere between 6-8k at their home games.
  • Options
    They'd be a week of mourning in Portugal if they don't get to their no 1 holiday destination.
  • Options
    Sweden
    Ukraine
    Greece
    Croatia (would love it to be Iceland)