Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hoffenheim v Leverkusen this evening

Anyone see the Phantom goal? Here it is. Unbelievable!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQZmRqxnH6M

Comments

• Options
    Bloody hell that's mental, you cant even see a whole in the net.
  • Options
    Bonkers- you'd have thought somebody from Leverkusen might have had the decency to say something but utterly ridiculous...
  • Options
    It looked like the player confessed that it wasn't a goal in the centre circle to ref but the ref looked stunned and didn't know what to do so just carried on like a goal had been scored.
  • Options
    magic
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It wasn't given was it ? When the video starts, before the "goal", it's 1-0. Then when the ball, somehow, ends up in the net, the score changes to 2-0 before reverting back to 1-0 by the end of the video ?

Edit: Apologies, it was given

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24589671
  • Options
    Madness!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

It wasn't given was it ? When the video starts, before the "goal", it's 1-0. Then when the ball, somehow, ends up in the net, the score changes to 2-0 before reverting back to 1-0 by the end of the video ?

Edit: Apologies, it was given

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24589671

hahaha love the Ghost goals

Clive Allen (Crystal Palace at Coventry, 6 Sept 1980): Allen smashed a free-kick that hit the back stanchion and bounced out - without the officials spotting it had gone in. Palace lost 3-1.
    Freddie Sears (Crystal Palace at Bristol City, 15 Aug 2009): More misery for Palace after Sears' shot flew in and out of the goal after hitting the base of the goal. Referee Rob Shoebridge gave a goal kick, and Palace were beaten 1-0.
  • Options
    Doesn't even look like there's a hole in the net
  • Options
    Still can't get my head around how it gets into the net?!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I've watched it again and kept pausing it when the ball hits the net, looks like its right on the corner where the sides meet, so the ends must have split.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Yes, gaping hole where the side and back sections meet. Surely that should have been found in the net checks they do at the start of the game and then at the start of the second half! Also, can`t believe not one defender saw it. The striker who headed it knew it didn`t go in because he put his hands on his head, total giveaway!

I had a goal disallowed once when I used to play Sunday football. A cross came over and I got up high and headed it and it clearly went in underneath the crossbar but the net was hanging down a bit off the hooks at the top and the ball sailed through the hole. Everyone saw it go in and I celebrated my "goal" but was stunned when the ref said no and gave a goal kick. I couldn`t believe what was happening I thought he had given it as a foul at first but then he tried to tell me it went over the bar. I was gutted as that would have been my 30th goal of the season lol
  • Options
    Least this one went in.. unlike the Watford v Reading ghost goal in 2008!

Strange indeed and read Leverkusen have offered to replay the match.
  • Options
    Forgot about the Watford v Reading one, that was crazy!
  • Options
    No goal line tech in the Bundesliga, the DFB and league are hugely against it, this might tip the debate in German
  • Options
    Would have been a strange one even if they had goal line technology as the ball didn`t cross the line. The ref would have been unsure if the technology was working correctly or not as he clearly didn`t see what had actually happened.
  • Options
    But wouldn't the technology show ball was in the net? Or does it show that the line had been broken, so if goes in from side or back it doesn't register?
  • Options
    I am not sure, I assumed it was just if the ball actually crossed the line
  • Options
    The technology would have at least raised a question in the officials minds.
  • Options
    GLT tracks if the ball crosses the line, not if the ball ends up in the net via the side netting, so it the GLT would have shown it the ball hadn't gone in
  • Options
    Wow, amazing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All very well offering to replay the game now because they know that that's not going to happen. The "goal scorer" obviously knew it wasn't a goal but chose not to be honest at the time.
  • Options
    Surprised the goal scorer didn't go and indicate it didn't go in. Claiming the goal makes him look like a bit of a muppet surely????
  • Options
    3 points for a win

he looks like a prick now but if they stay up, win the league , get champs league, Europa

( I don't know anything about them)

looking like a prick will subside
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I think he was the only person on the field who knew it had not actually gone in and wanted to fess up, but his team mates told him to shut it?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Think this one was worst whenever it happened

youtube.com/watch?v=mLEw6lFp-ys
  • Options
    This thread cracks me up. Honesty and Pro Footballer in the same sentence is an oxymoron.
  • Options
    How would we feel if we scored a goal like that against Palace and our scorer advised the ref it shouldn't count?

Somehow honesty wouldn't come into the argument.
  • Options
    That's brilliant and deserved to be a goal!