Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(2013) Tareiq Holmes-Dennis signs 3-year Contract (Ed. 2020 retired)

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20131018-holmes-dennis-signs-new-contract-1120718.aspx

Tareiq has joined Chris Solly, Nick Pope, Joe Pigott and Jordan Cousins in signing a new long-term Contract with the club this afternoon, definitely shows the club are looking towards the Youth team more at the moment.

How good is this kid - Is he genuine First Team potential one day?

Comments

• Options
    This is very very very good news
  • Options
    Does this maybe mean that Morgan Fox will be off in the summer then if this kid is coming through?
  • Options
    2 players in each spot, I would say him and Fox are on par
  • Options
    Good news but we have 20+ first team players who I'd rather sign new contracts. What's the plan TJ? Play the youth team next season?
  • Options
    Excellent news. Good to have more the kids signed up, just the senior players and management team to put pen to paper now.
  • Options
    Not seen him but doesn't he do both FB roles and CM?
  • Options

Because left footed players are rare in football I think this is particularly good news.We have recently seen with Richard Wood's performances that this gives the team balance.Coming through we have Fox,Feely,Lennon,Daniel and Gerard as well as Holmes-Dennis.
  • Options
    Great news. One of our best prospects from the odd bits I've seen, like Solly and Wiggins he's not the biggest but he's mobile and comfortable running with the ball. I'd say he's more likely to make it than Fox.

Not seen him but doesn't he do both FB roles and CM?

He's mainly a left back now but has played games as a CM (and right back).
  • Options
    Good news, only seen him a couple if times but been impressed
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing him play for the first time on monday at the valley against brighton in the under 21 game. Good luck to the boy. Pleased to see the club getting the promising young lads on long contracts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very promising player. Glad to hear this.
  • Options
    He was excellent on Wednesday. Got forward well to provide the width down the flank. Very pleased.
  • Options
    Really pleased for him and I've seen a fair bit of him as he was in the year below me at school. Obviously totally different playing against professionals but he was always very comfortable on the ball. Will be interesting to see how he's progressed if he breaks into the team in the next few years.
  • Options

Excellent news. Good to have more the kids signed up, just the senior players and management team to put pen to paper now.

Why do you attempt to spin every youth team signing with "too little too late" or "what about x, y, z"

I don't know much about U18 and U21 football and what it takes to make the grade but these kids have been pulling up trees and the club keeps signing them on long term deals. So what's not to like?
  • Options
    Well done to all involved. Expect we'll probably see him at some point this season.

Another great signing.
  • Options
    Good news, only seen him once but was impressed. Going to have the youngest team ever to win the Championship next season.
  • Options

Good news, only seen him once but was impressed. Going to have the youngest team ever to win the Championship next season.

Or maybe get promoted back there...!
  • Options
    Poor Henry can't seem to say anything without attracting a sniper!
  • Options
    Great news on the signing.
  • Options

Why do you attempt to spin every youth team signing with "too little too late" or "what about x, y, z"

I don't know much about U18 and U21 football and what it takes to make the grade but these kids have been pulling up trees and the club keeps signing them on long term deals. So what's not to like?
    Oh dear
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2013
    LoOkOuT said:

Poor Henry can't seem to say anything without attracting a sniper!

I'm hoping to take him on a drive down Dealey Plaza next year :-)
  • Options
    Isn't anyone called 'john' any more? What sort of a name is 'Tarieq' ffs?
  • Options
    Great news again

*insert random dig at the board*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ha spelt slightly differently Leroy but Saddam's foreign minister Aziz remember him? spouting on, on the top of some building saying that they were repelling the infidels whilst explosions could be heard nearby and columns of smoke were in camera shot, classic.
  • Options
    I thought he was excellent in CM and was surprised when he moved to LB. He's done so well there that I wonder if that's part of the reason Fox has been playing centre-half. It'll be interesting to see how Euell uses his squad now everyone seems to be fit.
  • Options
    Think it good that they are played in various positions. Gives them a better all round understanding of the game and you may discover that they are more effective in a position other than that thought. I've seen Cousins at CH, RB and CM. Of those I think he's more suited to CM but could quite easily play in the others.
  • Options

I thought he was excellent in CM and was surprised when he moved to LB. He's done so well there that I wonder if that's part of the reason Fox has been playing centre-half. It'll be interesting to see how Euell uses his squad now everyone seems to be fit.

The reason Fox is playing CH is because Semi Ajayi has left. Morgan Fox started as a centre half and has reverted to Centre Half as we have two top quality left backs in Archie Edwards and Tarieq Holmes-Dennis.
  • Options
    Seen THD once and he looked fabtastic. Similar quality to Solly at same age. Only one performance though. Good news. Good luck Tariq.
  • Options

I'm with Henry on this. Yes, it is good to see promising young players being signed up, and we would all love to see a successful first team made up of ex-Academy players. But, with most of the senior players still drifting out of contract and very little apparent action on that front, every new young player signed up seems to be instead of a seasoned pro, and smacks of a misguided and ill-informed money-saving ruse.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Pico said:

I'm with Henry on this. Yes, it is good to see promising young players being signed up, and we would all love to see a successful first team made up of ex-Academy players. But, with most of the senior players still drifting out of contract and very little apparent action on that front, every new young player signed up seems to be instead of a seasoned pro, and smacks of a misguided and ill-informed money-saving ruse.

But there is a fundamental problem with this approach - this is a thread about signing a youth player. There have been numerous threads about what is going on at the club. Rather than distorting this one perhaps I should start a new one...

charltonlife.com/discussion/57577/youth-vs-experience-where-is-cafc-going#latest