Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Promote Football for a Fiver this evening (Thursday) at 6pm with the annual twitter trending attempt

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20131015-help-footballforafiver-go-global-1115656.aspx

Charlton fans can do their bit to promote Football for a Fiver on a worldwide stage on Thursday evening (6pm) with the club’s annual Twitter trending attempt
Iain Liddle reports

Charlton fans can do their bit to promote Football for a Fiver on a worldwide stage on Thursday evening with the club’s annual Twitter trending attempt.

At 6pm on Thursday, October 17th supporters are encouraged to tweet the hashtag #FootballForAFiver as many times as they can, retweet other messages including the tag and encourage other fans, friends and family to do the same.

The aim is to get #FootballForAFiver into a top 10 list of Twitter trends, which can be seen on the site’s homepage, promote Charlton’s discount initiative to a global audience and help fill The Valley for the visit of Wigan Athletic on Sunday, October 27th (3pm).

Also this year, the club will incorporate its successful Facebook page into the promotion by attempting to garner at least 500 ‘shares’ of a Football for a Fiver poster which will be uploaded at 6pm on Thursday.

Simply click ‘share’ on the post shortly after 6pm and, as on Twitter, encourage other fans, friends and family to do the same.

Volunteers have already started distributing Football for Fiver flyers across the South East and it’s not too late to help the cause, as supporters can print out their own A4 posters by clicking here.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20131015-help-footballforafiver-go-global-1115656.aspx#kWZIZ7eWGQq3Z33k.99

Comments

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ad0gNjyN7U

A very ***FUNNY*** video here. Not even the players can understand why Football For A Fiver costs £6.
  • P&O Mediterranean Cruise - £699 #holidaysforafiver
  • Hand job £20

#BrassesForAFiver
  • Sentiment is right, but will only end up trending in London before people run out of interest and/or witty tweets.
    :)
  • Time is here

And while you at it follow the museum on @CHATHMuseum
  • Trending in the UK at the moment.
  • Apparently #footballforsixpound is trending in a nursing home in Aylesford
  • Jarman said:

Sentiment is right, but will only end up trending in London before people run out of interest and/or witty tweets.
    :)

Awkward when it's trending worldwide :/
  • Lots of hate from Chelsea fans i noticed but other clubs like Bolton Boro and Notts County fans of there clubs seemed impressed and want there on clubs to do it
  • Wigan silent
  • Sponsored links:

• British gas bills up 10% #heatingforafiver
  • sky sports news reports that #footballforsixpound plus booking fee is retiring for the evening.

Homemade Fish pie apparently #decent
  • Addicks fans who want to help should contact secretary@castrust.org and visit castrust.org/ftv/ for more information.

(link didn't appear to work on CAFC.co.uk?!)

We can still get hold of more leaflets if anyone fancies delivering 250 or 500
  • Lots of hate from Chelsea fans i noticed but other clubs like Bolton Boro and Notts County fans of there clubs seemed impressed and want there on clubs to do it

How do you find that out about the other clubs? What are Chelsea fans hating about it?
  • Just typed in the hashtag on twitter and fans from other clubs obviously have seen the hashtag and talking about it,A few Chelsea fans kept saying why would you want to go and watch two sh*t teams playing,one said who are Charlton anyway it was just idiots anyway,And not that many for every 20 new tweets i would say 1 was a negative but most of the negatives did come from Chelsea fans
  • Just typed in the hashtag on twitter and fans from other clubs obviously have seen the hashtag and talking about it,A few Chelsea fans kept saying why would you want to go and watch two sh*t teams playing,one said who are Charlton anyway it was just idiots anyway,And not that many for every 20 new tweets i would say 1 was a negative but most of the negatives did come from Chelsea fans

Jesus...Those were some really nasty insults.No wonder their club is hated by so many people.It sounds like they actually enjoy paying lots of money to go to their games.Unbelievable!
  • Anybody know how ticket sales going for this one?
  • They usually say when we've gone past the 20k mark but I've not seen anything so far.

Have a feeling this will be the lowest attendance we've had for a fiver game, despite playing the FA cup holders.
  • If it gets over 20k it`s still a good crowd, Wigan won`t bring many so that reduces it a bit as well. At the moment I just want 3 points, not fussed about the size of the crowd really.
  • Sponsored links:

• My little girls first game this one I can't wait
  • Don't know how many sold, but when i bought 2 extra on Friday, only single seats in the north upper and the middle of the East and West Lower and upper, got the impression they were selling well. Hope for 24,000 but 3 points is all that really matters
  • Either it's not spiralled like the last one had, or there is no one left at the Comms team to promote it.

Theoretically, as a one off given the Sunday ko failing to clash so much with other SE games like a Saturday would, the opening up to those who can't do Saturdays, and the improved level of opposition, this should have been an easier sell.
  • Got two tickets for West Upper this morning, was told mainly single tickets left now & that they are expecting crowd of between 22 & 24k
  • Garry Nelson ‏@Nelse61 52s
    27 k at the Valley v Wigan recently & 9 k at Roots Hall today #footballforafiver - general Pricing policies in need of a review?
  • I know we have won twice in a row 3-0 but this is the first footy for a fiver I won't bother asking and bringing mates along to.
  • I know we have won twice in a row 3-0 but this is the first footy for a fiver I won't bother asking and bringing mates along to.

Whys that?
  • Garry Nelson ‏@Nelse61 52s
    27 k at the Valley v Wigan recently & 9 k at Roots Hall today #footballforafiver - general Pricing policies in need of a review?

Very interesting point if you ask me

Where does the pricing point start that fills the ground?

Not forgetting the frequency per year. Or the already sold season tickets.

I guess that was the point of the 2 free tickets from last year, they balanced out football for a fivers - that said not convinced at all that ST holders that bothered by a couple of times per year.