Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

tom kerridge pub grub

the bloke is a legend all chefs should look and cook food like Tom,

got me home made spicy nutts and pork scratchings ready for the big match tonight and a load of cider the man makes man food

agree / disagree

Comments

• Agree. Proper grub.
  • Saw that last night.
    Tempted by the pork scratchings and also the pork belly he did.
    Not so tempted by quails eggs.

• Top chef.

Done your snacks but what about your pre match meal? Or is it just chillaxo relaxo
  • done the scratching exactly as he said but had to use a set of knives I was bought for a wedding gift in 2000 and had never opened (was told they were Chef Knives) as no knife in my home would cut the Pork skin easily , however these bad boys did and I am so glad they did because I have just put another load in the oven as I ate shit loads of them and there will not be enough for my pals tonight if I didnt
  • Agree.

Taking the missus to his Hand & Flowers place for lunch on her birthday in a couple of weeks. Already drooling at the thought of belly of pork there (not looking forward to having to work it all off at the gym next day).
  • pre match meal is the wifes job not mine tonight I am snacks and cider Tuesday
  • Hand & Flowers is immense Davo
  • done the scratching exactly as he said but had to use a set of knives I was bought for a wedding gift in 2000 and had never opened (was told they were Chef Knives) as no knife in my home would cut the Pork skin easily , however these bad boys did and I am so glad they did because I have just put another load in the oven as I ate shit loads of them and there will not be enough for my pals tonight if I didnt

Stanley knives work on pork skin.

Didn't see the programme but have made scatching before. They're surprisingly easy. Probably my favourite snack

• Hand & Flowers is immense Davo

Really looking forward to it mate. She is a bit of a foodie and we have gone to lots of top restaurants (even got married at Raymond Blanc's Le Manoir aux Quat' Saisons so the reception would be gastronomic) but Tom Kerridge's stuff looks more up my street.
  • £1.06p for 3 sheets of pork skin unreal value even the cheap shite scratchings in Lidls are 1.50
  • Sponsored links:

• The fish and crab burger he cooked up the other week looked good. Take it all recipes from the show are on the net.

Just got to decide between cooking a jalfrezi or a madras tonight.
  • Went to H&F for the w-e a few yrs back and his grub went top of my faves list....and still is. Much more my cup of tea than many of the more gastronomic chefs who are showing off like mad scientists. Enjoy!

• The fish and crab burger he cooked up the other week looked good. Take it all recipes from the show are on the net.

Just got to decide between cooking a jalfrezi or a madras tonight.

put his name and programme into google and you can find them all well easily

• Davo55 said:

Hand & Flowers is immense Davo

Really looking forward to it mate. She is a bit of a foodie and we have gone to lots of top restaurants (even got married at Raymond Blanc's Le Manoir aux Quat' Saisons so the reception would be gastronomic) but Tom Kerridge's stuff looks more up my street.
    hearty man food with a modern twist...cant go wrong mate.

have you been to Michael Wignalls restaurant at Pennyhill Park? I went recently and done the 10 course tasting menu....it was outrageously good.
  • Davo55 said:

Hand & Flowers is immense Davo

hearty man food with a modern twist...cant go wrong mate.

have you been to Michael Wignalls restaurant at Pennyhill Park? I went recently and done the 10 course tasting menu....it was outrageously good.
    N0 - but it isn't that far from where I live so I'll go check it out. Cheers for the steer.
  • Got to watch out for the nipples tho when doing your own. They're a bit more chewy.
  • I've got a funny feeling nla likes a chewy nipple
  • Enjoyed the programme the other night. Will defo try the scratchings.

A friend of mine (fellow Addick) was stood next to him at a recent-ish Stone Roses gig and said he was one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet. Good enough for me.
  • A hairy old pigs nipple? Even him? My mate blow torches them for her pub.
  • I've got a funny feeling nla likes a chewy nipple

a hairy wouldya one

• Sponsored links:

• I have dropped enough hints to the missis about how I like his cooking/ programme.
    This is in the hope of getting the Cook book.
    Sod's law she buys me a packet of pork scratchings