Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

18,000 Poland fans at Wembley

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2013
    nah Russia is their anger match , hatred on a huge level
  • Options
    edited October 2013

nah Russia is their anger match , hatred on a huge level

Yeah, they werent treated too well by their USSR neighbours during the cold war....
  • Options
    its a football match in name only from my polish pal who attends home and away since he moved here , reckons the violence lasts days
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    CAFCTrev said:
    Why do you mention the Daily Mail? It is news and their role is to report the news. This mentioning of the Daily Mail in almost every thread is getting tedious.
  • Options

if England fans aren't buying the tickets then why not

Great stuff, can you give us 5,000 tickets for our next trip to the Valley then please?

When you sell out the initial 3k perhaps we could consider it
    this.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:
    Why do you mention the Daily Mail? It is news and their role is to report the news. This mentioning of the Daily Mail in almost every thread is getting tedious.
    Alan Brazil made the quote on Talkshite and the Mail reported it. Quite why Alan Brazil is talking about World Cup football is beyond me as he is Scottish?
  • Options
    True BUT he's right - Only England would give the away team an unnecessary lift in such a crucial game. Actually thinking about it -I'm sure Charlton would do the exact same :-(
  • Options
    3 Poles watching the game 17997 building webleys extension.
  • Options
    Betfred even has an Anglia v Polska coupon. I kid you not.
  • Options

Disgraceful decision again.
    Plenty of English looking for tickets today myself included (I've now sourced one though). Don't mind missing out if its sold out to Eng fans but not when it's to double the poles allocation in such a crucial game. No other Country would do that. So what if it resulted in empty seats - better that than turning it into a home game for them.

England tickets only sold out last week. All the outraged England fans shouldn't wait until one day before the final World Cup qualifier.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would not be suprised if the majority of these Polish supporters live in this Country already.
  • Options
    I think there cold be some trouble tomorrow night.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Although brought to you courtesy of Britain's favorite mid range tabloid...

They could check my plumbing out any time.
  • Options
    That'll be a nice quite day in Gravesend high st then............................
  • Options
    Not even a competitive game for Poland, they are out the world cup why bother with the occasion? I'm working there as security I think it will be ok but Poland fans in the home end its gana kick off. They are known for racism too...well done FA.
  • Options

Stop cock.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Cheerleader effect - look at the three girls in the picture individually and it's actually only the girl on your right that's any good!
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Not even a competitive game for Poland, they are out the world cup why bother with the occasion? I'm working there as security I think it will be ok but Poland fans in the home end its gana kick off. They are known for racism too...well done FA.

No irony there then?
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

I would not be suprised if the majority of these Polish supporters live in this Country already.

Lol, please tell me this is your attempt at dry humour
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2013
    The way I read all this is:

If you wanted to buy a ticket for this match in the England "End" you had to either be in the England Supporters Club (which costs to be a member) or have been to a recent England match (with proof of purchase).
    Yet 48 hours before the match, if you want to to go to Wembley, anyone can buy a ticket in the Poland "End".

Correct ?
  • Options
    Masz rację, mój przyjaciel
  • Options
    Its a cunning plan by border control to get 18k in the same place and check for illegals etc.
  • Options

DiscoCAFC said:

I think that is a perfectly reasonable assumption. And I don't have any problem with it, if its true.
  • Options
    I wondered why its been so quite in chatham today.
  • Options

DiscoCAFC said:

I think that is a perfectly reasonable assumption. And I don't have any problem with it, if its true.
    I do not remember you being asked if you do have a problem with it but there you go.
  • Options

DiscoCAFC said:

I do not remember you being asked if you do have a problem with it but there you go.
    My point re the 'problem' was that knowing Disco as a UKIP supporter, he might have a problem with it. I presumed that was why he raised it. Whereas I think it will add to the atmosphere and might lift England as much as it does Poland. Although I feel sorry for proper English fans like The Organiser who might have missed out on tickets.

I was surprised at your snarky comment to Disco though, since I couldn't think of another explanation why the Poles would "bring" 18,000 plus when they are already out. I bet they didnt try to take that number to Kiev even though it is "next door".
  • Options

DiscoCAFC said:

My point re the 'problem' was that knowing Disco as a UKIP supporter, he might have a problem with it. I presumed that was why he raised it. Whereas I think it will add to the atmosphere and might lift England as much as it does Poland. Although I feel sorry for proper English fans like The Organiser who might have missed out on tickets.

I was surprised at your snarky comment to Disco though, since I couldn't think of another explanation why the Poles would "bring" 18,000 plus when they are already out. I bet they didnt try to take that number to Kiev even though it is "next door".
    I doubt the Poles are "bringing" many at all since I suspect a vast majority of the 18,000 already live here in the UK hence my remark to Disco.

I am not sure what UKIP has to do with any of it because my comment did not carry a racial tone to it.

• Options

DiscoCAFC said:

I doubt the Poles are "bringing" many at all since I suspect a vast majority of the 18,000 already live here in the UK hence my remark to Disco.

I am not sure what UKIP has to do with any of it because my comment did not carry a racial tone to it.

I have completely misunderstood your remark to Disco. I thought you were disputing his premise. My apologies.

I certainly didn't ascribe any racial tone to your comment. I meant that Disco, being a UKIP supporter might not approve of the fact that so many Poles live here. But maybe he is fine with that too.

Anyway, I believe it will be a cracking atmosphere and I look forward to it more than I have an England game for quite a while.

• Options

DiscoCAFC said:

Not at all