Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morale around the club

Can't see any positives for the near future, if we lose both our next 2 home games where does this leave us . Very Depressed.

Comments

• Options
    crowd will be the lowest for some time tuesday. Lets hope Forest bring a few.
  • Options
    Mike said:

crowd will be the lowest for some time tuesday. Lets hope Forest bring a few.

Forest will have 1500 - 2000 there

• Options
    This is where we, the fans, really have to stand up and be counted too. I'll be there on Tuesday giving it my all. It may not help much but it does less damage than bitching.
  • Options
    Dave Lockwood ‏@BigDL
    Still glass half full me. Team need our support on Tuesday night. Remember Cardiff last term? Bring your voices.
  • Options
    One win in eight. Two games this week that could alter a lot of people's careers if we come away with no points.
  • Options
    Roll on Tuesday. Will get behind the team!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Good to see some posts here from people who still have a grasp of what it means to be a supporter.

I'll be there Tues, and if we lose,I'll still be there the following Saturday and paying for the privilege.

That's my part of the bargain.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Good to see some posts here from people who still have a grasp of what it means yo be a supporter.

I'll be there Tues, and if we lose,I'll still be there the following Saturday and paying for the privilege.

If we lost every game I'd still go - you know things will get better eventually. It's a masochistic pleasure and at present like watching a car crash in slow motion....
  • Options
    I'll continue going and I'll continue supporting Charlton regardless of the league / players or manager, we're not owned by billionaires so we're always gonna have bad times as well as good one (and those who cant handle that are supporting the wrong club)

I'll be there on Tuesday cheering on the lads showing I'm right behind them all the way
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Good to see some posts here from people who still have a grasp of what it means to be a supporter.

I live in Worthing have been a supporter for 53 years will be at Tuesday's and Saturdays games. I think that makes me a long and LOYAL supporter.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Players with broken promises and a manager with broken promises equals low morale and shit performances

Pep guardiola wouldnt be tactically able to fix it the problem is deep and deepening

It is not an easy answer that will fix it but if you dont believe posters who have said it months ago

Find the thread from bromley addicks and read what a player said

• Options
    Depressing expectations of failure around the club at the moment. The football is mostly poor as are results and no clear sense that we can turn things around. But doesn't change the fact that this season started off (for us realists) with surviving in the Championship again being a success, and that hasn't changed. It just looks like it's going to be even more difficult than thought (or hoped).
  • Options
    We was not this bad under Murray.
  • Options
    Oh well at least we have kick started our neighbours season...

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Redskin said:

Good to see some posts here from people who still have a grasp of what it means yo be a supporter.

If we lost every game I'd still go - you know things will get better eventually. It's a masochistic pleasure and at present like watching a car crash in slow motion....
    For all the very many, and deep lows, following Charlton also brings some fantastic highs - all the sweeter for their rarity. The next win at home will be nectar.
  • Options
    I will be there to support chris and the team on Tuesday. Will any of Prothero, Slater, or Jimenez...let alone Cash bother? none of them were at the Millwall game, ah but it was on the telly wasn't it?
    Hope somebody is on Directors Box watch on Tuesday.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Dave Lockwood ‏@BigDL
    Still glass half full me. Team need our support on Tuesday night. Remember Cardiff last term? Bring your voices.

Could not put it better. If you want to keep CP then the spirit of Cardiff needs to be reborn. Even if you don't or don't care about CP the team need a strong vociferous crowd behind them on Tuesday.

• Options
    Kap10 said:

Dave Lockwood ‏@BigDL

Could not put it better. If you want to keep CP then the spirit of Cardiff needs to be reborn. Even if you don't or don't care about CP the team need a strong vociferous crowd behind them on Tuesday.

i think regardless if you want Chris Powell as manager, you definitely want charlton to win, so give the boys the kind of backing we gave them against cardiff.
  • Options
    I don't care who the owners are.

I don't care who the manager is.

I don't care who plays, as long as they put in the same effort as the people who pay to watch them.

I am a Charlton fan. First, last and always.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It never ceases to amaze how generous some people are with other people's money.

I now retire, and wait for the normal torrent of abuse...
  • Options
    edited September 2013

I don't care who plays, as long as they put in the same effort as the people who pay to watch them.

You mean effort as in turn up at the ground, chat to our mates, have a stroll, share a joke or two, abuse the ref a bit, blame Hamer when we concede a goal, a nice cup of tea at half time and a few beers after the game?

OK, we pay to be there and they are paid to be there. But otherwise, not that dissimilar!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Players with broken promises and a manager with broken promises equals low morale and shit performances

Pep guardiola wouldnt be tactically able to fix it the problem is deep and deepening

It is not an easy answer that will fix it but if you dont believe posters who have said it months ago

I was there and I was shocked at how candid he was in his responses! The longer this goes on the more it will cost to fix... if the club limps through to May without getting relegated then that is a result but that is a long way from where we could be given how we finished last season.

• Options
    Can't make Tuesday currently in Cyprus but I will still continue attending all the other homes regardless
  • Options

I was there and I was shocked at how candid he was in his responses! The longer this goes on the more it will cost to fix... if the club limps through to May without getting relegated then that is a result but that is a long way from where we could be given how we finished last season.

Anyone have a link to the above mentioned thread?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

This is where we, the fans, really have to stand up and be counted too. I'll be there on Tuesday giving it my all. It may not help much but it does less damage than bitching.

Well said. Long season ahead looks like it's going to be tough but I believe we can turn it around lets not write ourselves off already
  • Options
    Mark is an honest pro got his yr contract wants to play and knows he wouldn't get a second contract from it, I kknew he would tell the truth if asked

I am not justifying , imo it shouldn't matter they should just keep going regardless but I aint a footballer so I don't know how I would react, but pre season SCP knew it and was asking them to give 10% more than last, however they started this season 10% down on last effort and morale wise so it was 20% that was needed just to maintain some form of level

its a huge problem the back ground to our club but we need to watch it unfold unfortunately
  • Options
    Horrible to watch.

I just wish that CP was able to fill us in on the details. He doesn't look happy. There's a lot of stuff we don't know, and I really don't know what strategy the board has.
  • Options
    No comment from Powell on the official shite, unusual.
  • Options
    The body language of the players and management alike plus the attitude (looked like no one had any belief) on display today spoke volumes.
  • Options
    Anyone else think this is a bit of a 'recession effect' going on here?

The more they tell us we are going to hit a double dip triple treble quadroople dip dip dip we all panic and start to believe and so it happens.

If we stop saying there is a bad vibe, poor morale and SCP is suffering from chronic depression then maybe it won't all seem as bad as people are making it out to be.
  • Options
    Palace w e nt bust. Got minus 10 points. Stoppes paying their players.lost a xoupke and still stayed up. If our players are pissed cause they only have a few months left on their lucrative contracts they are not the players I thougt they were.