Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    It numbed the pain.
  • Options

Off_it said:

The little right back for Welling Charlton looked half decent though - but probably one of the smallest players I've ever seen.

I wonder how many opposition fans have said that about Solly over the last 3 years?
    True, but this fella makes Solly look like Peter Crouch!
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet have renewed their pursuit of Yado Mambo as a possible replacement for long-term injury victim Shane Huke.

The former Charlton defender has been on Fleet boss Steve Brown’s radar for months but with Huke ruled out until the new year with a metatarsal injury, the issue has suddenly become more pressing.

Osei Sankofa filled in at centre-back during Tuesday’s FA Cup exit at Dartford but Brown is keen to strengthen in that area.

And Mambo, who played alongside Fleet skipper Paul Lorraine during a loan spell at Stonebridge Road in 2011/12, remains his No.1 target.

Mambo was released by Charlton at the end of last season, and had a knee operation during the summer.

Brown said: “Yado is out there, he’s training and he’s slowly getting fitter. I shall make my play – whether it’s good enough or not, we’ll see – but he’d be a big addition.

“If he’s not available, I’d be delighted to carry on with what we have here. They’ve taken a Conference Premier side right to the wire.

“I’m always looking. As great as Osei has done and as great as Paul Lorraine is playing at the moment, you’re always on the hunt."
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Went Welling yesterday, another tactical win by Jamie Day.

I went to Welling yesterday - in the Lincoln end.

Thought the game was absolutely dreadful. Lincoln probably deserved a point though.

The little right back for Welling looked half decent though - but probably one of the smallest plyaers I've ever seen.

Considering Lincoln are a full time outfit I thought they were dreadful. Saw Grimsby earlier this season and they were same.

Welling's budget is by far the lowest in the league and are massively punching above their weight. Crowds of only 700 don't help....
  • Options
    I was at both games and agree as neither Lincoln or Grimsby look much cop to be honest.
  • Options
    wonder what sort of crowd they will get Saturday for Luton in the FA Cup, shame we are at home on the same day really
  • Options
    Shrill South
    Bromley 5 Chelmsford 0
  • Options

Shrill South
    Bromley 5 Chelmsford 0

Brad Goldberg hat-trick

• Options
    Anyone going to WElling vs Luton on Saturday? FA cup 1st round.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Anyone going to WElling vs Luton on Saturday? FA cup 1st round.

Yes, I'll be there. Supposed to be taking my daughter but the weather looks shyte.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2013
    The missus taking my youngest to Welling, My eldest is with his cousin at The Valley and I'm up at Albion Rovers sponsoring the game with my brother.

Think my family loves it's football a little bit.
  • Options
    Big game for the Darts tomorrow. FA cup 1st round proper !
  • Options
    I went last year to a fa cup 1st rd game and it was wicked enjoy it all who is going to see proper football
  • Options
    welling 1 up
  • Options
    And hit the post just after
  • Options
    Welling now 2 0 up
  • Options
    Just on my way back from Stourbridge. Biggleswade soundly beaten 4-1 ( could have been worse ) - They will cause any league team problems at home.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Benson pulled one back for luton but welling held on to win 2 1. Cracking game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

DaveMehmet Member
    5:58PM edited 5:59PM
    Hope they get a decent home draw in the next round
  • Options
    Blimey, is that what teletext looks like these days? Not seen it in 20+ yrs and thought it was long gone..........
  • Options

Just on my way back from Stourbridge. Biggleswade soundly beaten 4-1 ( could have been worse ) - They will cause any league team problems at home.

Hope you enjoyed the day despite the result mate. Still good to see the Waders mentioned on Soccer AM and on Soccer Saturday!
  • Options

DaveMehmet Member
    5:58PM edited 5:59PM
    Hope they get a decent home draw in the next round

Nice one the Wings
  • Options

Hope you enjoyed the day despite the result mate. Still good to see the Waders mentioned on Soccer AM and on Soccer Saturday!
    Had a great day Algarve - You would be proud of the Waders support today. 250 of the Green Army Out sung 1500 Stourbridge supporters.
    Can't complain about the result . Stourbridge totally deserved it. I hope they get a big draw tomorrow.
  • Options
    Come on the Wings. Just one round away from the big guns now.
  • Options
    Martin Humberstone ‏@MartinHumbersto
    WADERS Statistics from the FA Cup game against Stourbridge #COYWADERS http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24782726
    Retweeted by Biggleswade Town FC
  • Options

I went over there as well. Thought it was a good game.
    Inquired where it was acceptable to have a cigarette in the ground. "anywhere that hasn't got a roof", came the response.
    If only Charlton could adopt this idea, particularly where it is feasible (east stand).
    It was nice to go and be part of a stadium that reminded you of how it used to be 30 years ago.
  • Options
    When is second round draw? Another home draw for welling I hope. They have an excellet home record.
  • Options
    They've got Plymouth or the mighty imps away.