Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2021
    CAFCTrev said:
    shirty5 said:
    Woodford Town Friday night and FC Clacton yesterday. 
    I grew up just down the road from Clacton in Frinton-on-sea. How many do FC Clacton get at home these days?
    @shirty5 and me thought there was about 100 yesterday.  
    A cracking little ground.

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    shirty5 said:
    I grew up just down the road from Clacton in Frinton-on-sea. How many do FC Clacton get at home these days?

Are you guys based in that part of Essex? Never seen any Charlton fans around those parts apart from myself when Im visiting my parents!
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    shirty5 said:

Are you guys based in that part of Essex? Never seen any Charlton fans around those parts apart from myself when Im visiting my parents!
    No mate, day trippers.

• Options
    At Ebbsfleet yesterday....how they lost that I will never know. But being 2-0 down after 4 mins didn't help.

Had a brief chat with Ross Worner, who was in goal for H&waterlioville.  Chris Solly was CH for Ebbsfleet ffs. Lee Martin was playing too.
    Solly at CH???

I assume that's so he doesn't have to run up and down the touchline, but he's hardly well known for his aerial power, seeing that he's only 5 ft 3 8
  • Options
    After winning 2-1 at Chatham Town, Erith Town beat Maidstone United 1-0 in the FA Youth Cup at the Gallagher Stadium. Very big win for The Dockers...

The first team have also won their last 5 games and are currently 3rd in the SCEFL Premier.

(1) FAYC: Maidstone United Vs Erith Town (14/09/21) - YouTube
  • Options
    Blimey, profligate finishing. Erith could have had five there.
  • Options
    Went to Walton Casuals v Hendon on Tuesday night. Walton won 2-1 with a last minute goal and there were a couple of late reds for some handbags.

Really entertaining game and was nice to meet Tony Gale beforehand. He said that he made his debut for Fulham v Charlton (1977) and reeled off several Charlton names from that day. Very genial bloke and a good laugh. 
  • Options
    Blimey, profligate finishing. Erith could have had five there.
    I said afterwards 3/4-0 wouldn't have been a robbery. Was more pleased with the style of football they tried to play. We are blessed with a plethora of talent lads throughout our youth section.

We currently have 4 x 17 year olds in our 1st team, with more coming into the squad for our game next Wednesday. 
  • Options
    Went to Carshalton v Ebbsfleet Saturday, fleet won 2-1 with a late winner.

Spoke very briefly with Chris Solly who was an ignorant prick. Also spoke to Lee Martin when he was warming up, what a contrast compared to Solly  remembered his time there and the fans, and thanked me for saying hi.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought this thread had been opened for us in preparation for the end of next season .
  • Options
    FA Cup draw.
  • Options
    Mufc v dartford looks good.
  • Options
    I went to Peckham Town v K Sports Reserves on Saturday - top of the table versus bottom. Peckham ended the first half 3-0 up; they ended up losing 4-3.

Enjoyed standing behind the K "dugout" and watching their manager bellow them on to victory and getting into the Peckham players' minds too. ("They've lost their heads!")

At the end one of the K players yelled "that's how you play when you're bottom of the fucking league!"

Then I saw the Charlton result...
  • Options
    Thought this deserved an airing - goal roughly 5 mins in.
    Two sides played in cup last Saturday at Chorley the n the replay midweek and Southport at home to Chorley in league today.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=136gF_i_pZw
  • Options
    Went to Carshalton v Ebbsfleet Saturday, fleet won 2-1 with a late winner.

Spoke very briefly with Chris Solly who was an ignorant prick. Also spoke to Lee Martin when he was warming up, what a contrast compared to Solly  remembered his time there and the fans, and thanked me for saying hi.
    What did solly do? One of my mates saw him at Wembley for the Denmark game and said he was down to earth and talkative. Maybe pre game beers calms him down
  • Options
    For those who know what's happening at welling? Is it that owner of theirs? 
  • Options
    I only know that Dartford are 6-0 up
  • Options
    Stunning win for Dartford, it does look like 2 sides going in different directions at the end of the season
  • Options
    Welling seemed to be shaping up a bit a week or two back, but that is a big gap in form, and a great performance by the Darts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good win for Stockport.
  • Options
    Peter Taylor appointed as Welling’s new manager - he has his work cut out there…
  • Options
    I saw Hashtag United v Chipstead in the first qualifying round of the FA Trophy yesterday. Here’s my report http://fatrophy.co.uk/fa-trophy/hashtag-united-chipstead-fatrophy/
  • Options
    Some more information for you that @OfficialWands will play a friendly game vs. @BasUtdFC at Hayes Lane next Weds, 13th Oct, 7.45pm. More details to follow. Also Cray will play Charlton Athletic U23s at Hayes Lane on Weds 27th Oct in a friendly, 7.45pm, more details to follow. https://t.co/dl8EyKy0v8
  • Options
    Off to Slough v Ebbsfleet Utd Saturday, i assume others will take in a non league game this weekend, unless wives take a grip of them.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I'm off to Aylesbury United v Chipstead in the 2nd Round Qualifying of the FA Trophy as I continue my trail to Wembley. https://fatrophy.co.uk/
  • Options
    .thai malaysia addick said:
    I'm off to Aylesbury United v Chipstead in the 2nd Round Qualifying of the FA Trophy as I continue my trail to Wembley. https://fatrophy.co.uk/
    My son a few years ago did every round of every cup competition from the pre qualifying rounds, and saw every final including, but i am sorry to admit it, sitting with Palace fans when they lost to Man Utd. He did enjoy that. He went too some obscure games up and down the country to complete this.

He said he had some great memories sitting next to Thierry Henry watching a Arsenal youth cup game and sitting with the Man City squad at the Ethiad watching their Youth cup game.
  • Options
    My son a few years ago did every round of every cup competition from the pre qualifying rounds, and saw every final including, but i am sorry to admit it, sitting with Palace fans when they lost to Man Utd. He did enjoy that. He went too some obscure games up and down the country to complete this.

He said he had some great memories sitting next to Thierry Henry watching a Arsenal youth cup game and sitting with the Man City squad at the Ethiad watching their Youth cup game.
    Brilliant thing to do.

I'm considering the FA Vase next year. I'm on target to produce a book, which will be part travelogue and part non-League football. Enjoying it so far. I just have this feeling that I will end up in Barrow, but that's life.
  • Options

Brilliant thing to do.

I'm considering the FA Vase next year. I'm on target to produce a book, which will be part travelogue and part non-League football. Enjoying it so far. I just have this feeling that I will end up in Barrow, but that's life.
    Thanks it was considering he doesn't drive and went everywhere by train. Good luck with your book.
  • Options
    Off to Slough v Ebbsfleet Utd Saturday, i assume others will take in a non league game this weekend, unless wives take a grip of them.
    I'm considering Wealdstone vs Eastleigh