Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Dulwich Hamlet FC ‏@DulwichHamletFC
    BIG GAME ALERT! DHFC v Maidstone at Champion Hill tomorrow. Having pipped them to the title, they'll want revenge. Watch it unfold. 19:45 ko
  • Options

BIG GAME ALERT! DHFC v Maidstone at Champion Hill tomorrow. Having pipped them to the title, they'll want revenge. Watch it unfold. 19:45 ko

I think I'm going to that......a pal who supplies them with trophies/medals et al has invited me over.
  • Options
    No pitch inspection planned tonight....... http://fb.me/6iOIl3V5E
  • Options
    MOG, your boys are going down tonight! Please dont get too upset when the third Maidstone goal goes in :->
  • Options
    The mighty Hamlet saw off Maidstone tonight 2-0. Fair result in pretty tricky conditions. Just over 800 at Champion Hill tonight.
  • Options
    Excellent fayre at Champion Hill, two sides who for much of the game were evenly matched but ultimately Dulwich edged it. Dulwich keeper played much of the second half almost one armed following a collision with his own player. Crowd of 814 was the biggest I have seen down there, thoroughly enjoyable.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Dulwich were superb, best football I've see in years.

Lots of scouts there and not surprised. Little Turkish midfielder was top drawer.

Their manager, Gavin Rose, is destined for better things in my book.

Cracking evening and probably the best game I've seen this season.

Maidstone were outclassed in midfield, by a really good passing side who played it out from the back.
  • Options
    The problem for Erhun is how tiny he is. Not sure how much further he can go league wise due to that but he is a cracking player.
  • Options
    I think Ehrun Otzhumer is ex-Charlton Youth. As I've said before on here...I've never seen a more creative/dangerous player in non-league football.
  • Options
    Im a 3rd generation Hamlet fan and ive been watching them on an irregular basis for over 40 years and i can safely say that the last 6 seasons watching Dulwich have been the most enjoyable ive ever seen. All started by Wayne Burnett whos now doing a decent at Dagenham and i agree it wont be long before the work Gavin Rose and his Aspire Academy gets recognised further up the league ladder.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:

I think Ehrun Otzhumer is ex-Charlton Youth. As I've said before on here...I've never seen a more creative/dangerous player in non-league football.

He has the engine and clearly the skills. He can definately play Conf South, not sure if he could play a disciplined, rigid role in a higher league.

Definately has the skill set but to accomodate him you would have to have a similar philosophy to Dulwich. Saying that could definately see him at Barnet....but even they knock it long at times.
  • Options
    How was Jack Parkinson? Good signing by Maidstone
  • Options
    My second team (Merthyr Town) doing quite well after winning 8 on the spin now top of the Calor league(southern league) south and west. :)
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

How was Jack Parkinson? Good signing by Maidstone

Couldn't cope with Dulwich's runners. Dragged him and the Maidstone defence all over the shop.

• Options
    didn't Maidstone miss a shed load of chances ? Spoke to someone who is a Stones fan and they didn't think it was as one sided as is being reported.
  • Options
    Maidstone need a Paul Booth....
  • Options

didn't Maidstone miss a shed load of chances ? Spoke to someone who is a Stones fan and they didn't think it was as one sided as is being reported.

They did have chances, but game was finished by 60 minutes.

• Options
    I felt that there was a danger of Maidstone getting one back and then it would have been too interesting.

Re Ehrun, yes Conference South (Based on only seeing Concorde from there and they were in Rymans last season), but as he goes up the leagues better defenders will muscle him off the ball. it happened a few times last night.

@blackfenlen what is Aspire Academies?
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

I felt that there was a danger of Maidstone getting one back and then it would have been too interesting.

Agreed, but I always felt Dulwich had more goals in them.

Nothing wrong with losing......it does happen.
  • Options
    so your affinity with Dulwich Falconwood I thought you were a Welling man
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Kap10 my understanding is that Gavin Rose set up Aspire a while ago to take on kids who've been released from pro clubs for various reasons to give them a 2nd chance at a career in football. They've teamed up with Dulwich to give these kids some competitive football, some exposure (scouts are regularly at Dulwich) and for Dulwich to progress like they have recently as a club. Its been a win-win so far and i hope it continues.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

Agreed, but I always felt Dulwich had more goals in them.

Nothing wrong with losing......it does happen.
    ??
  • Options

so your affinity with Dulwich Falconwood I thought you were a Welling man

Friend of mine sponsors them and I do love a prawn sandwich or two. Welling all the way....

That Gavin Rose is one to watch, a very impressive coach.
  • Options
    weird just very weird ...
  • Options

weird just very weird ...

• Options
    Mark Doig ‏@MarkDoigFC
    1-0 Welling - Kurtis Guthrieeeeee (29)

Maidstone United ‏@maidstoneunited
    GOAL: Wealdstone 0-1 Maidstone United. Zac Attwood 29 mins.
  • Options
    bromleyfclive ‏@bromleyfclive 4m
    35 mins: GOAL! Weston 0-1 Bromley. Bromley fk. Hall takes. Head tennis in the six-yard box before Goldberg volleys home.
  • Options
    Mark Doig ‏@MarkDoigFC 1m
    Welling 1-1 Wrexham
  • Options
    For @NLA:
    MetPolicefc ‏@metpolicefc
    GAME OFF: Sadly our Ryman League game against Enfield Town is off due to a waterlogged pitch. You can all go xmas shopping !
  • Options
    The Martyrs ‏@MerthyrTownFC
    3-0 down v @MangotsfieldUtd