Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Old VHS Charlton Season Reviews on Youtube

Can anybody with any clue of doing this put any of the old VHS copies of season reviews on youtube? Like 1997/98, 1998/99 and 1999/2000.

Comments

• Jimmy85 is your man. He put some season review VHS tapes from 86-88 and other games from the selhurst days on youtube
  • Come on Jimmy!!!
  • Jimmy's dad here: a couple of problems on this, I'm afraid. When we moved (down-sized) last year the box with the CAFC videos got buried in the garage under a ton of other stuff which has been added to at regular intervals, mainly by people who no longer live with us! I can't even get to my Hornby Dublo stuff!! If I do ever get to the videos I'm sure he'd have a go at 'youtubing' them but don't hold your breath.
  • Can anybody with any clue of doing this put any of the old VHS copies of season reviews on youtube? Like 1997/98, 1998/99 and 1999/2000.

You'd first need to transfer them to you pc , then upload them to youtube.

There are many companies who will transfer them to DVD for you. Or you could have a go yourself at minimal cost with one of these off eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-VHS-To-DVD-Converter-Audio-Video-Converter-Capture-Card-Adapter-/350730765319?pt=UK_Computing_TV_Tuner_Video_Capture_Devices&hash=item51a92ec407

You'd also need a scart to RCA adaptor if your video machine only has scart output plus an AV lead from your video machine to the pc adaptor (both available from most pound shops). But it's a bit fiddly and time consuming - it all depends on what you want to spend?
  • Just stumbled across this thread.

We've got pretty much everything, the problem is, from 1993 onwards the VHS tapes are security protected (I forget the word for it...macro-something) and only transfer as bright green images. I don't know a way around this. If I did, I would encode them all and upload! Best I can do is pirate them, old-school style with a camera. But I don't know if i have the patience...
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Just stumbled across this thread.

We've got pretty much everything, the problem is, from 1993 onwards the VHS tapes are security protected (I forget the word for it...macro-something) and only transfer as bright green images. I don't know a way around this. If I did, I would encode them all and upload! Best I can do is pirate them, old-school style with a camera. But I don't know if i have the patience...

I'm sure I managed to convert all the old Charlton Videos onto DVD. I'm not sure about the years but we did have all the seasons so there might have been some from after 1993.
  • JiMMy 85

Assuming you have the hardware to link up your VHS to your pc, if it shows the picture on your screen, you could use a stream recording software (such as Frapps) to capture it into an A.V.I

Sorry if I'm telling you how to suck eggs....................
  • No all advice is good advice!

KHA - Did you use a VHS/ DVD machine to do that? I've not tried one of them... but I think Dad had the same trouble.

Tango - I use a device I nabbed form work that hooks up the VCR to the Mac using a firewire cable and a Scart lead. As soon as the image comes up in iMovie it's green I think. It's either at that point or when I press Record. If the latter, it'll be worth trying your plan.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

No all advice is good advice!

KHA - Did you use a VHS/ DVD machine to do that? I've not tried one of them... but I think Dad had the same trouble.

Tango - I use a device I nabbed form work that hooks up the VCR to the Mac using a firewire cable and a Scart lead. As soon as the image comes up in iMovie it's green I think. It's either at that point or when I press Record. If the latter, it'll be worth trying your plan.

I connected a VHS to a DVR that has a hard disc and a DVDR. This particular machine - a Sony RDR-HXD870 also has an editing function so once the VHS is on the hard disc I can edit it before burning it to a DVD.

I also managed to put all the home videos on DVD the same way including some film I shot at The Valley in the late 80s and the Man Utd game when we were at Selhurst when Paul Williams scored two goals.
  • Can anyone who has old film/video etc let the Museum know.

I think we have most of the commercially released stuff but any film you recorded yourself (of football only before Shag and Dave Mehmet seen in their home movies) or taped from the telly, from other clubs.

I heard today about a behind the scenes film that was made about the play-off final. Never even heard of it before but would love to see it and show it at the museum.

Also coming soon on the Museum site a Sam Bartram film