Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Flares, Fireworks and Pyrotechnics at Burnley

For those who don't seem to heed the warnings passed over by the Club and insist on taking such devices to away games - despite both the protaganists at Bournemouth and Watford having their collar felt and receiving banning orders, then please take notice of the message below from the Ground Safety Officer at Turf Moor.

“Burnley Football Club is a family club and the Safety Team is committed to providing the best customer experience for all people attending the ground. To ensure that items that may affect that customer experience, are not brought into the ground, Burnley F.C. have a number of stringent entrance procedures.

These include
• Offering an ‘amnesty period’, allowing supporters a chance to leave any items outside the ground that may breach ground regulations
• A tiered and thorough system of search both outside the ground and inside the turnstiles
• The use of Sniffer Dogs outside the turnstile and also on the coaches before spectators depart, searching for flares, fireworks or other pyrotechnics
• A robust prosecution policy if anyone is found with such an article in their possession

These systems are to ensure the safety of all people attending matches and Burnley F.C. encourage all supporters to arrive early for the fixture as a slight delay at the turnstiles may be inevitable.”

Safe journeys and enjoy the game.

Comments

• when did Burnley become a fascist state?
  • That's spoiled my match day experience then....
  • when did Burnley become a fascist state?

Prior to May 2013 but not no longer.
    http://uaf.org.uk/2013/05/burnley-unites-against-fascism-to-remove-remaning-bnp-councillor/
  • Any fanbase that plans on letting off a flare when they only have about 300 supporters there really need to have a word.
  • the fool who chucks toilet rolls around wont be happy
  • • Offering an ‘amnesty period’, allowing supporters a chance to leave any items outside the ground that may breach ground regulations
    • The use of Sniffer Dogs outside the turnstile and also on the coaches before spectators depart, searching for flares, fireworks or other pyrotechnics
    • A robust prosecution policy if anyone is found with such an article in their possession

What if you wanted to take the fireworks to the ground to take advantage of their generous amnesty, only to be stopped on the way on a coach by sniffer dogs?
  • In that case I'll leave the AK47 in the back of the wagon
  • cafc4life said:

the fool who chucks toilet rolls around wont be happy

'Sup?

• I aint going now just spent 300quid on flares and smoke bombs
  • ^^^ hahahahaha
  • Sponsored links:

• "A tiered and thorough system of search both outside the ground and inside the turnstiles... The use of sniffer dogs outside the turnstiles and also on the coaches...." Why don't they just machine-gun the lot of us, and have done with it?
  • Well that I'm afraid is the treatment we will be getting at a lot of away games - mainly due to the 'reputation' we are beginning to get for taking flares to away games.
  • I didn't know Dogs could sniff out flares
  • How about flags ?
  • I didn't know Dogs could sniff out flares

Guess what a flare is made from Nathan?

• Addickted said:

I didn't know Dogs could sniff out flares

Dog food?
  • Addickted said:

Well that I'm afraid is the treatment we will be getting at a lot of away games - mainly due to the 'reputation' we are beginning to get for taking flares to away games.

The Headmaster has spoken.......please do not swear

• Addickted said:

I didn't know Dogs could sniff out flares

Dog food?
    Correct. Why do you think when they crap it smells so much. All that methane.
  • cafcmark said:

Addickted said:

Well that I'm afraid is the treatment we will be getting at a lot of away games - mainly due to the 'reputation' we are beginning to get for taking flares to away games.

A few points here.

Firstly I am only passing on a message. If it helps prevent a Charlton fan being arrested and receiving a banning order then that's good news surely?

Secondly, I feel that Burnley's request was polite and reasonable - better a heads up than someone getting dragged away to a Lancashire nick for a few hours.

Thirdly - are you going tomorrow? Because of our 'growing reputation' in the use of pyrotechnics (and the local Constabularies around the Country are well aware of what has happened at recent away games) some of us are going to have to put up with some bloody great alsation sticking it's nose in our gonads, just to make sure we aren't carrying any pyrotechnics.

The treatment of away fans by OB has improved significantly over the past few years (those that went to Cardiff last season were shocked by thepositive way we were treated by both the Police and the Stewards) and I for one, don't really want it going back to the dark days of some of the nightmare experiences I witnessed at grounds up and down the country in the '70s and '80s.

You may think flares are fun and add to the atmosphere - unfortunatley, the Clubs, the Police and most importantly, the majority of the fans don't.

Is that not too difficult to accept?
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

cafcmark said:

Addickted said:

A few points here.

Firstly I am only passing on a message. If it helps prevent a Charlton fan being arrested and receiving a banning order then that's good news surely?

Secondly, I feel that Burnley's request was polite and reasonable - better a heads up than someone getting dragged away to a Lancashire nick for a few hours.

Thirdly - are you going tomorrow? Because of our 'growing reputation' in the use of pyrotechnics (and the local Constabularies around the Country are well aware of what has happened at recent away games) some of us are going to have to put up with some bloody great alsation sticking it's nose in our gonads, just to make sure we aren't carrying any pyrotechnics.

The treatment of away fans by OB has improved significantly over the past few years (those that went to Cardiff last season were shocked by thepositive way we were treated by both the Police and the Stewards) and I for one, don't really want it going back to the dark days of some of the nightmare experiences I witnessed at grounds up and down the country in the '70s and '80s.

You may think flares are fun and add to the atmosphere - unfortunatley, the Clubs, the Police and most importantly, the majority of the fans don't.

Is that not too difficult to accept?
    Good points and well put across Addickted. I personally like flares and smoke cannisters butthey are unforunatley illegal in grounds for several good reasons. Burnley have politley requested that we leave them at home or give them to the local plod before you enter the ground without any consequences.

For once lads, can we set an example to the team and play ball

• the majority of the fans don't.?

How do you know this?
  • the majority of the fans don't.?

How do you know this?

From the responses the Club have had from fans to incidents at away games and to the article about flares in the programme.

It's quite simple, they're against the law and the law will come down heavily on you if you decide to ignore. It's up to you.

You can carry on asking inane questions or disputing facts but the bottom line is YOU WILL GET NICKED IF YOU ATTEMPT TO TAKE PYROTECHNICS INTO FOOTBALL GROUNDS
  • The reputation we're getting? You make it sound like they're hardened criminals... Its not like our fans are the only ones bringing them in, and its not like Liverpool the other day throwing an actual flare (not smoke bomb, which is what we tend to have) into the Manchester United end.

But if they're banned then they're banned, fair enough if you bring one and get aay with it. But if you get caught then that's your problem as far as I'm concerned, must admit though sniffer dogs is a bit extreme, should the Lancashire tax payers money not be better spent elsewhere?
  • Addickted said:

the majority of the fans don't.?

How do you know this?

From the responses the Club have had from fans to incidents at away games and to the article about flares in the programme.

It's quite simple, they're against the law and the law will come down heavily on you if you decide to ignore. It's up to you.

You can carry on asking inane questions or disputing facts but the bottom line is YOU WILL GET NICKED IF YOU ATTEMPT TO TAKE PYROTECHNICS INTO FOOTBALL GROUNDS
    No they're not, they are just prohibited from being brought into football stadiums, bit like umbrellas. Against the law sounds like its illegal to have on your possession anywhere, but smoke bombs are readily available via legal means.
  • edited September 2013
    Addickted said:

How do you know this?

You mean the volume of people who called or wrote in moaning about it outnumbered those who called or wrote in praising it ?
  • Addickted said:

How do you know this?

I am not arguing against the point that you will get nicked or bringing them to the ground is illegal, I just asked how you can make such a statement and say the majority of fans don't like them . I aksd you a question and you have got defensive.
  • Addickted said:

How do you know this?

No they're not, they are just prohibited from being brought into football stadiums, bit like umbrellas. Against the law sounds like its illegal to have on your possession anywhere, but smoke bombs are readily available via legal means.
    I think the people so far charged under the 1875 Explosive Act may care to differ with you - including those arrested outside football grounds and charged with possession.
  • PL54 said:

Addickted said:

How do you know this?

You mean the volume of people who called or wrote in moaning about it outnumbered those who called or wrote in praising it ?
    So how else to you poll peoples opinions? Did you write in praising the use of pyrotechnics?

• Addickted said:

PL54 said:

Addickted said:

How do you know this?

So how else to you poll peoples opinions? Did you write in praising the use of pyrotechnics?

Yes - 36 times