Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall - Match Thread

15678911»

Comments

• Options

cafcpolo said:

I can't believe some of the comments about Stephens on this thread considering how awful some of the others played. He has literally been our only player making any sort of movement and looking for the ball. Unfortunately our defence seemed to want to bypass our midfield all game. Two missed place passes isn't bad, none led to a goal and a few of his diagonals were lovely.

People don't like critising players they like. (Pritchard, Jackson)
    Apparently so. 8/9 players from that starting 11 were worse than Stephens today yet he is still getting picked out on here. Stewart, Sordell / Yann and Harriott to start please next time Powell!

• Options
    I'd just like to add to all these Stephens critics: perhaps he expects to play in a team that tries to play proper football. He'd probably look a decent player at Villa.
  • Options

cafcpolo said:

I can't believe some of the comments about Stephens on this thread considering how awful some of the others played. He has literally been our only player making any sort of movement and looking for the ball. Unfortunately our defence seemed to want to bypass our midfield all game. Two missed place passes isn't bad, none led to a goal and a few of his diagonals were lovely.

Agree. He was nowhere near our worst player
    For a player who is meant to be in the £2m+ class he ought to be doing much, much more!
  • Options

There are hopefully three sides worse than us.

Utterly no chance on that evidence.
  • Options

I'd just like to add to all these Stephens critics: perhaps he expects to play in a team that tries to play proper football. He'd probably look a decent player at Villa.

Got to earn the right to play pretty football though. I'm not against him but he does look disinterested.
  • Options
    We've just stopped playing football. So often happens when formation moves away from 4 4 2. No wing play and just hump it long down the middle. Powell's got to have a complete re think. Cousins and Pritch need to play plus at least one of Harriet or Stewart. We are lacking confidence and desire, it's as if they know were not going to create anything.
  • Options
    That it took us to the 93rd minute to make their keeper make a save says it all!
  • Options
    After watching that tripe it's hard to be positive, but we will get better, we are in a sticky patch of form, but keep the faith we will get better, when I don't know, just try doing something else this weekend , like go to the pub, the cinema or a long walk, get it out of your system.
  • Options
    Seen worse - but not much. That was truly horrible to watch. No idea what Powell can do to get some confidence and belief into the side, because they looked like a team that expected to lose today and then accepted its fate without much protest...
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Got to earn the right to play pretty football though. I'm not against him but he does look disinterested.
    What does that mean: 'earn the right?' It's quite simple: you've got two relatively small centre forwards so play the ball on the floor. Then you might see better of Dale Stephens. No wonder he 'looks disinterested.' Or does 'disinterested' really translate to pissed off?

Millwall played the ball much better on the floor and through the middle today. They got a lucky goal but were not lucky to win. If they had a player like Stephens he wouldn't 'look disinterested;'
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!