Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ios7 update

Comments

• Options
    Just out of interest, what are the changes and how are they going to affect my life?
  • Options
    It's very bright. Feels like i'm on acid!
  • Options
    Did mine on a 5 this am, no problems whatever

New look and feel and navigation a bit tricky to get used to, but does seems to have enough improvements to carry it
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Bless IT departments and they're useless information.

I really like it, quicker, more thought out, and no faux wood and leather.

It's a work in progress though, be interesting to see how it evolves in the coming years

User error in a nutshell, right there. Up there with 'my boyfriend works in IT' and 'my wireless at home is much easier to configure'

Just because it works fine for YOU, doesn't mean it works fine for EVERYONE. Despite being told NOT to install IOS7 yesterday, some idiots have done just that and - guess what? One of the apps they use is broken.
  • Options

Rothko said:

It's a work in progress though, be interesting to see how it evolves in the coming years

User error in a nutshell, right there. Up there with 'my boyfriend works in IT' and 'my wireless at home is much easier to configure'

Just because it works fine for YOU, doesn't mean it works fine for EVERYONE. Despite being told NOT to install IOS7 yesterday, some idiots have done just that and - guess what? One of the apps they use is broken.
    I take it you work in IT Leroy? Is it worth me downloading it then? I have a compnay iPhone 5 (they say it is ok to download) and a personal iPad 2. Cheers pal.
  • Options

Rothko said:

So true, lucklily it hasnt broken exchange...yet
  • Options

Rothko said:

I take it you work in IT Leroy? Is it worth me downloading it then? I have a compnay iPhone 5 (they say it is ok to download) and a personal iPad 2. Cheers pal.
    If your IT peeps have told you it's OK, then you should be fine. Presumably they'll have checked any corporate apps you use (and because it's a corporate phone, if they've any sense, have some management software on there to prevent you from updating IOS/any apps that are problematic anyway if there's a problem). Can't vouch for whether or not IOS 7 is any good because I haven't installed it. I only use my iPad for our corporate apps and I'm not involved in UAT.
  • Options
    I wangled a dev version last week, been using it consistently and found Safari crashed a lot. Hopefully they've fixed that.

Annoyingly, my phone is no longer looking for the update as it thinks it's updated. So I appear to be stuck on the dev version.
  • Options
    some training issues, but as long as you've done that and as LA says there are no app problems, go for it. Not sure how the technophobes among us will be able to make mobile phone calls sometime in the future tho :)
  • Options
    Just downloaded the new software without any problems. Took about 1hour
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rothko said:

If your IT peeps have told you it's OK, then you should be fine. Presumably they'll have checked any corporate apps you use (and because it's a corporate phone, if they've any sense, have some management software on there to prevent you from updating IOS/any apps that are problematic anyway if there's a problem). Can't vouch for whether or not IOS 7 is any good because I haven't installed it. I only use my iPad for our corporate apps and I'm not involved in UAT.
    Thanks Leroy, appreciate your advice.
  • Options
    It's absolutely fine, Christ knows what people are moaning about.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I wangled a dev version last week, been using it consistently and found Safari crashed a lot. Hopefully they've fixed that.

Annoyingly, my phone is no longer looking for the update as it thinks it's updated. So I appear to be stuck on the dev version.

The dev version release two weeks ago is the final public release version so there's nothing to update to I'm afraid.

• Options

It's absolutely fine, Christ knows what people are moaning about.

Like I posted above - absolutely fine, apart from the people who it's not fine for.
  • Options
    Shag said:

It's sick though

If it's buggy they shouldn't be releasing it.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

The dev version release two weeks ago is the final public release version so there's nothing to update to I'm afraid.

Bugger. Thanks for letting me know. I hope they fix whatever crashes safari soon. Music is less responsive when switching too.

My wallet is too small for my fifties etc.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    One 'massive' reason to jump (unless I'm wrong) is that you can now refresh without scrolling to the top of a thread :)
  • Options
    Done it looks great apart from the grey background on folders. Any idea how to make them black?
  • Options
    How the hell do you do a search within a web page for certain text in this new bloody version then?
  • Options
    kimbo said:

Done it looks great apart from the grey background on folders. Any idea how to make them black?

They morph the colour of the wallpaper, so if you want them black have a very dark wallpaper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Calendar is a disaster
  • Options
    From what I've seen everything is too bright and in yer face. Like Razil, I saw the calender today and whereas before it was sectioned up (as calenders generally are - it makes them work better) now it's just totally white.
  • Options
    Calendar has lost all the Charlton fixtures.
  • Options
    Yup we have redone the fans diary, but i can confirm it doesn't seem to work with ios 7 but does with ios6. Can't find the list view either and its hard to navigate generally.
  • Options

Calendar has lost all the Charlton fixtures.

Mine has too but not on ipad.
  • Options
    My ipad on ios6 has them
  • Options
    Can anyone remember how to load CHARLTON fixtures from sky.
  • Options
    No but u can get em off our site in theory http://www.castrust.org/diary/
  • Options
    Just downloaded it and now my podcasts wont play. I wish i had left it alone.
  • Options
    Razil. Thanks.