Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gerrard, Lampard or Scholes?

2»

Comments

• edited September 2013

I also seem to remember Rivaldo saying he was the only English player would get anywhere near the Brazil side in 2002.

Indeed. Rivaldo said Gerrard was the best English player and he knew Brazil would beat England because Gerrard wasn't playing. But apparently Xavi's say is final!
  • I also seem to remember Rivaldo saying he was the only English player would get anywhere near the Brazil side in 2002.

Indeed. Rivaldo said gerrard was the best English player and he knew Brazil would beat England because Gerrard wasn't playing. But apparently Xavi's say is final!
    I meant he said it about Scholes...
  • I also seem to remember Rivaldo saying he was the only English player would get anywhere near the Brazil side in 2002.

Indeed. Rivaldo said gerrard was the best English player and he knew Brazil would beat England because Gerrard wasn't playing. But apparently Xavi's say is final!
    Maybe he got the two confused then...

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/rivaldo-s-high-praise-for-gerrard
  • Scholes score goals

fab frankie

stevie g

thought the one eyed scousers comments on pique were especially ill delivered

shows us ur trophies
    shows us ur trophy wife

Maybe he got the two confused then...

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/rivaldo-s-high-praise-for-gerrard
    Maybe, but he definitely said it about Scholes before as well. Both top players either way.
  • For me, they're all 10/10 players for what they've contributed to their clubs and to the league.

Frank Lampard edges it for me.
  • Scholes > Gerrard > Lampard

All overrated a bit though. They used to be in 'best player in the world' consideration which made me laugh.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Scholes all day long.

Carragher must be on crack if he thinks Gerrard is the better player. I nearly choked on my tea when he said that last night.

Gerrard is by far a better all round player, Scholes a great passer but couldnt tackle or head the ball and as a CM they are important attributes to have!
    Pretty sure Scholes has scored some pretty good headed goals in his career.

• Stevie G
    Lamphead
    Scholes
  • Scholes - For over a decade run the midfield of the most powerful club in the country that could buy any player they wanted to, to replace him, and who persuaded him to come out of retirement.

Gerrard - although Lampards goal record is ridiculous, I think Chelsea could have perfectly well coped without him, whereas Gerrard was for a long time a one man machine for Liverpool.

Lampard - see above.

Of course all of them are below Parker....
  • Sponsored links:

• Scholes turned his back on the England team. His decision but it makes a difference to a number of things in my opinion.

• Dave2l said:

Scholes turned his back on the England team. His decision but it makes a difference to a number of things in my opinion.

He was never going to be played above the media goldenboys Gerrard and Lampard.

Just look at Carrick today, better than both in 2013 and yet sits on the bench.
  • edited September 2013
    tricky said:

Anyone who Xavi thinks has been the best midfielder in the last 15-20 years wins my vote (admittedly from an interview in 2011).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1355726/Xavi-interview-Paul-Scholes-best-midfielder-20-years.html

Scholes. The other two aren't in his class. Lampard next due to goal scoring ability. Gerrard third, but his passing range is shocking compared to the other two.

Very hard to argue with these two posts in my view. I'd add that based on what I've seen live, Lampard is a much better all round footballer than Gerrard.

• Stevie G all day
  • Lampard for me
  • Scholes
    Lampard
    Gerrard
  • Dave2l said:

Scholes turned his back on the England team. His decision but it makes a difference to a number of things in my opinion.

What happens when played on left wing
  • tricky said:

Anyone who Xavi thinks has been the best midfielder in the last 15-20 years wins my vote (admittedly from an interview in 2011).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1355726/Xavi-interview-Paul-Scholes-best-midfielder-20-years.html

Scholes. The other two aren't in his class. Lampard next due to goal scoring ability. Gerrard third, but his passing range is shocking compared to the other two.

Very hard to argue with these two posts in my view. I'd add that based on what I've seen live, Lampard is a much better all round footballer than Gerrard.

No chance.
  • SG wouldn't make my top six of recent years. Was OK as 12 goal a season man but his game was all about goals. Hollywood pass was coined for him.
  • 1. Scholes
    2. Lampard
    3. Gerrard
  • Sponsored links:

• Gerrard Scholes Lampard
  • Zidane: 'My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder.'

There is someone you can't argue with.