Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Watford v Charlton Athletic| Sat 14th Sept 2013| Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• 352 and we'll get beat, 451 and we'll get a score draw.

I know what I'd rather
  • http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?49128-Watford-FC-vs-Charlton-Athletic-14-9-2013

Some Watford fans comments here are very very bitter. Not sure how they can defend Forestieri:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0Ovtxexnus

We'll lose and they'll enjoy being able to "stick it right up their xenophobic jumpers". 2-0.

Shit club.

cheat on the pitch.

cheat off the pitch.

still can't get promoted.

worst ground in the championship.

quietest fans in the championship.

hope we give the cheating scum another slap as we were the worst new year's day hangover they had down that shit hole for a while. 2-0 to Charlton.

I take it you are not a fan?

352 and we'll get beat, 451 and we'll get a score draw.

I know what I'd rather

Who are you playing as the 1? In my opinion Kermogan does not look happy playing as the 1.
  • it is going to be a very tight game it will be 1-2 Addicks

after being 1 up for a long period we will hit Watford on the counter in the 78th min and win a pen we will then score from a deflection in the 93rd

q Golfie to say we are shite Hamer is Shite and we are doomed
  • Gimme a point!
  • watford are great at attacking football but i am goin for the addicks i reckon we have enough confidence to get over the line
  • Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?49128-Watford-FC-vs-Charlton-Athletic-14-9-2013

Some Watford fans comments here are very very bitter. Not sure how they can defend Forestieri:

We'll lose and they'll enjoy being able to "stick it right up their xenophobic jumpers". 2-0.

Why do they seem to dislike us? I don't get it
  • cafcvfr said:

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?49128-Watford-FC-vs-Charlton-Athletic-14-9-2013

Some very strange comments;

"the highlight of their season last year was beating us and generally getting upset by players not from the UK. Massive racists the lot of 'em"
    "One of the worst in the chumpionship and I, for one, hope with a passion that we tonk 'em and that Fessi sticks it right up their xenophobic jumpers"
    "I actually think they could go down along with Yeovil and Millwall"

Not sure where that's all come from. Unless Forestieri was an angel against everyone else and was just a diving t**t against us then I can't imagine our criticism of him would be any more harsh than from other opponents.

Who knows, I'm not sure if there are any other football teams in Hertfordshire so maybe they try and imagine rivals from nearby towns and cities ?
  • edited September 2013
    se9addick said:

cafcvfr said:

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?49128-Watford-FC-vs-Charlton-Athletic-14-9-2013

Some very strange comments;

"the highlight of their season last year was beating us and generally getting upset by players not from the UK. Massive racists the lot of 'em"
    "One of the worst in the chumpionship and I, for one, hope with a passion that we tonk 'em and that Fessi sticks it right up their xenophobic jumpers"
    "I actually think they could go down along with Yeovil and Millwall"

Not sure where that's all come from. Unless Forestieri was an angel against everyone else and was just a diving t**t against us then I can't imagine our criticism of him would be any more harsh than from other opponents.

Who knows, I'm not sure if there are any other football teams in Hertfordshire so maybe they try and imagine rivals from nearby towns and cities ?
    If I remember correctly, a Huddersfield Town fan came on here specifically to warn us about his diving, whining and cheating. We weren't disappointed as he saw red on the stroke of half time.

Found the topic here: http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/50722/total-disgrace
  • Sponsored links:

• I agree against you at the Valley he did dive but ironically against Huddersfield he got a penalty which their manager at the time said was a foul...

Anyway its all in the past!

Look to the future...
  • I am a little pessimistic about this one, as they have a lot of attacking flair and will be difficult to contain. Will be very happy if we can chisel out a point
  • The key to this game, is to stop the Watford three man central defence building up play from their defensive third. CP will need to set the team up to press the Back Three quickly. The front two, backed up by a third player from deep, have a very important role in defending from the front. If the Watford Back Three are allowed to bring the ball forward and cross the halfway line, committing our midfield to come out and close them down, they will open us up. We need to force them to play long.

In the recent Sky game, Forest used a 4-4-2 Diamond, with the midfielder at the top of the diamond joining the front two to shut down the Watford Back Three. They forced mistakes, with Andy Reid scoring an excellent goal after Watford lost possession in a deep position, and it took 28 minutes before Watford were able to launch a build-up across the halfway line with any purpose. So that's one way of doing it.

CP used a lop-sided 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 last season, with the right midfielder joining the central midfielders to match up one-against-one, and the left midfielder pushing up to pick-up the Watford Right Centre Back. That left the right flank open and Solly did an excellent job covering a big area. CP may go that way again.

5-3-2 allows us to match up one-against-one in Central Midfield, but will force our front two to play against the three centre backs, which is a risk when the Watford Back Three have the ball.

4-5-1 to 4-3-3 would result in our midfield dropping off to defend the halfway line, or risk the Watford wing backs having plenty of space to operate. The Watford Back Three would have time and space to play against a lone Centre Forward.

You pay your money and take your choice.

When we have the ball, Church and Kermorgant will cause them problems, both in the air and on the ground. Cassetti the left centre back was the weak-link against Forest. We can get at him.

Oh yeah, and there was a good bit of diving in the Forest game. So expect a bit more of that.
  • Gutted I can't make this one. Watford will be near the top at the end of the season. Would be very happy with a point
  • I think we will worry Watford with our set pieces - providing we are positive enough to get a decent number. If we are too defensive, they have too much quality for us to keep them out. This is a game where ambition will get rewarded.
  • I think we will worry Watford with our set pieces - providing we are positive enough to get a decent number. If we are too defensive, they have too much quality for us to keep them out. This is a game where ambition will get rewarded.

Or totally destroyed.

But agree, we can't be afraid as that would mean certain defeat.
  • Open game. Both playing 3-5-2. We win 3-2.
  • not sure why but think we can win 1-2...newly found confidence after the Foxes victory.....so the hornets can go the same way.
    Match thread from 2 pm.
  • Not just the dives horns. Remember at your place the ball bounced past our defence. Our keeper came out the area and what did that little twat do. A hand of god to knock it over the keepers head. Earned him another booking for cheating.

1-2. Jacko with our goal.
  • how can they call us racist clueless fuckers, i hope one of there players get sent off for persistent diving ha
  • Sponsored links:

• 2-1 loss

Sordell and Church up front.
  • Watford v Charlton Athletic
    REF: ANDY WOOLMER
    Thomas Ramsey and David Woolford
    Fourth Official Robert Hodges

Don't remember seeing Mr Woolmer before.
  • he's (Woolmer) been around a long time .. I've seen him a couple of times as I recall .. he's good, unobtrusive and not too fussy
  • Don't think 3-4 is on the cards, but another happy ish trip home with a point.
  • Easy win for Watford I'm afraid. Big bounce back for the next home match. 3 - 0
  • he's (Woolmer) been around a long time .. I've seen him a couple of times as I recall .. he's good, unobtrusive and not too fussy

Cue a card frenzy!

• Vinnie V. said:

he's (Woolmer) been around a long time .. I've seen him a couple of times as I recall .. he's good, unobtrusive and not too fussy

Cue a card frenzy!

let's hope not . or at least not cards being waved at our lot
  • Personally I don't think all our problems are solved because of the Leicester result. They did play with 10 men for most of the second half after all! The formation at Watford is going to be interesting, Watford seem to play very much on the front foot under Zola, and an early goal for them might open the floodgates.
    I would aim for a clean sheet first of all, and hope the officials are fair.
  • 3-0 HT 4-0 FT