Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

David Jacobs

2»

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Was it on 'Juke Box Jury' that there was always a young woman panellist from Brum who would say "Oi'll give it foive"? David Jacobs was the host in them days, surely....
  • Was it on 'Juke Box Jury' that there was always a young woman panellist from Brum who would say "Oi'll give it foive"? David Jacobs was the host in them days, surely....

Thank Your Lucky Stars. Janice Nicholl, I think. Hosted by Brian Matthew.

• 3blokes said:

Must be honest until quite recently I did not know he was still alive. Very distinctive voice on the radio when I was a kid, seemed like an elder statesman even then. Funny things you think when you are a kid I also thought he was responsible for Jacobs Cream Crackers!
    RIP

He only stopped presenting his Sunday night show on Radio2 a few weeks ago. Us real music fans were very lucky to have a spell where Sunday nights on Radio2 consisted of the wonderful trio of Malcolm Laycock, Russell Davis and David Jacobs. Just Russell left now.
    Jacobs would never let an opportunity to send himself up slip by, his hilarious Where Are They Now? features on Kenny Everett's shows were brillant.
  • Was it on 'Juke Box Jury' that there was always a young woman panellist from Brum who would say "Oi'll give it foive"? David Jacobs was the host in them days, surely....

Thank Your Lucky Stars. Janice Nicholl, I think. Hosted by Brian Matthew.

That's it! And what about the singing postman from Norfolk: [in the key of E] "'Ave you got a light, boy?"

• edited September 2013

I think it's called.....Journey into Space.......the best thing on radio when I was about ten.....Alfie Bass, Andrew Foulds (who became an M.P)....

cor blimey the names are coming out now, alfie bass, I'd forgotten about him, thanks for the memory jolt.